Author Topic: Dem rips Trump's call to include Russia in G7: What does Putin have on him?  (Read 1487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem rips Trump's call to include Russia in G7: What does Putin have on him?
By John Bowden - 06/08/18 08:39 PM EDT

Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley (D) slammed President Trump's support for Russia's readmission to the Group of Seven (G7) on Friday, suggesting that Russian President Vladimir Putin might have something on Trump that could have contributed to his decision.

In a tweet, Merkley accused the president of doing Putin's "bidding" while distancing key U.S. allies, despite Russia's involvement with the Syrian Civil War and Moscow meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

"Ok, really: what does Putin have on @realDonaldTrump? Russia has attacked our election, invaded Ukraine, slaughtered innocent Syrians, and yet Trump does Russia’s bidding while alienating our allies who stand with us. Which country is the American President working for?" he tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/391461-dem-rips-trumps-call-to-include-russia-in-g-7-what-does-putin-have-on-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What do they have on him? Haven’t these guys figured out yet that you cannot shame the shameless?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What do they have on him? Haven’t these guys figured out yet that you cannot shame the shameless?

Wow, we talk about Obama, Clinton, Putin and I can name others but will be too courteous to mention them and you single out Trump? Wow.   :rolling:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow, we talk about Obama, Clinton, Putin and I can name others but will be too courteous to mention them and you single out Trump? Wow.   :rolling:

Well, unlike many other stories that get posted here, this one is about Trump.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

"Ok, really: what does Putin have on @realDonaldTrump? Russia has attacked our election, invaded Ukraine, slaughtered innocent Syrians, and yet Trump does Russia’s bidding while alienating our allies who stand with us. Which country is the American President working for?" he tweeted.

America, dumbass.

I chuckle when I hear Dems pretending to give a crap about Russia,  because since Scoop Jackson no Democrat has ever given a crap about Russia.

It is an artificial condiion that Russia is not part of the G7,  and if the President thinks offering Russia a way back into the club of modern economies is a way to cut tensions and gain cooperation on other matters(like Syria and Iran), then I say let him try.   

Realpolitick is valid way to conduct foreign poiicy, in contrast to neoconservative visions of Arab Springs,  and liberals' phony conniptions.   

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:02:30 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

My bad.  The title was misleading.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline dfwgator

I'd rather have Russia in G7, than Turkey in NATO.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'd rather have Russia in G7, than Turkey in NATO.

:amen:

Offline aligncare

There is a way President Trump can avoid any criticism. He could say nothing and do nothing. But, then he’d be a do-nothing President and that’s not how Donald Trump rolls. He’s on a path towards doing big things; whether it’s building skyscrapers, taming the administrative state, or helping to strengthen America’s power and influence in creating a safer, more peaceful world.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There is a way President Trump can avoid any criticism. He could say nothing and do nothing. But, then he’d be a do-nothing President and that’s not how Donald Trump rolls. He’s on a path towards doing big things; whether it’s building skyscrapers, taming the administrative state, or helping to strengthen America’s power and influence in creating a safer, more peaceful world.

@aligncare , you know well my reservations about the man.   But he thinks big, not small.   He is a private citizen who chucked it all away because he couldn't stand the country's direction,  and got the shock of his life on Election Day.   Now he's hired for this job,  and he's not gonna disappoint his employers.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:40:07 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Suppressed

Yeah, but he's shelled out a lot to quiet his whores.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

Yeah, but he's shelled out a lot to quiet his whores.

Exactly and now that everyone knows about it, he sends Rudy to tell everyone it’s no big deal – rich people do this all the time.

Oceander

He could get off Twitter, think long and hard before he opens that ugly NY trap of his, and he could actually hire competent, professional people instead of yes-men, ego-kissers, and mini-mes.  The good things his administration has done have largely come about despite him, not because of him. He fully delegated choosing judicial nominees to intelligent people, such as the federalist society, and the result is a pretty damned good slate of nominees that will help to innoculate the federal courts against the worst of the Obama nominees.  To the extent that really bad regulations have been repealed - a few have - that has been the work of the agencies, not Trump. 

When Trump gets involved, we get stupidity. Like trade wars with allies and ass-kissing with the likes of Russia and China, and some silly patty-cake game with NK that is very unlikely to lead to any meaningful change in NK’s nuclear capabilities. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:35:39 pm by Oceander »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I get the suspicion that Trump is trolling people to make them talk about Russia Russia Russia. I seriously doubt he gives two flying whatevers if Russia's in G7.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't like or trust the Russians, but it is our best interest to keep a frosty cordial relationship to counter who is our real enemy.    The Chicoms.  They are the real threat to this country's long term sustainability.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.