Author Topic: Trump won't invite NBA champions to White House  (Read 668 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump won't invite NBA champions to White House
« on: June 09, 2018, 01:14:25 am »
Trump won't invite NBA champions to White House

Last Updated Jun 8, 2018 1:56 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — Whichever team wins the NBA championship, President Donald Trump says he won't be inviting them to the White House.

"I didn't invite LeBron James, and I didn't invite Steph Curry. We're not going to invite either team," Mr. Trump told reporters on Friday.

LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors have both said their teams have no interest in a visit. "I know no matter who wins this series, no one wants the invite anyway. It won't be Golden State or Cleveland going," James said ahead of Game 3 on Wednesday.

Earlier this week, the president canceled a visit by the Philadelphia Eagles to commemorate their Super Bowl win after most of the players decided they'd skip it.

But Mr. Trump said he'd be happy to host the Washington Capitals, who just won the Stanley Cup for the first time in the club's 44-year history.

He said: "If they want to be here, it's the greatest place on Earth. I'm here. If they don't want to be here, I don't want them."

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-wont-invite-nba-champions-to-white-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Trump won't invite NBA champions to White House
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 01:17:54 am »
Mr. Trump said he'd be happy to host the Washington Capitals, who just won the Stanley Cup for the first time in the club's 44-year history.
---
Cool!

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 01:30:14 am »
Mr. Trump said he'd be happy to host the Washington Capitals, who just won the Stanley Cup for the first time in the club's 44-year history.
---
Cool!

That's because they have a Russian on the team.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 02:05:18 am »
That's because they have a Russian on the team.

And this is a sneaky way to get him into the White House for some colluding. I think you're on to something here.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 02:43:59 am »
---
Cool!

Who can blame Trump for not opening up that can of words after all that's been said by the players.

Know nada about hockey but way to go Capitals.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.