Author Topic: Tax break for undocumented immigrants pushed by California Democrats  (Read 1725 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
BY ADAM ASHTON

aashton@sacbee.com

June 07, 2018 12:47 PM

The California state budget could extend a tax break to low-income families of undocumented immigrants.

Assembly Democrats want Gov. Jerry Brown to expand the state’s Earned Income Tax Credit in such a way that people who do not have Social Security numbers can apply for it.

The proposal is meant to help poor Californians recover some of their state income tax. Last year, a household with two children and an adjusted gross income of up to $22,309 would have been eligible for a tax credit. The maximum credit for a family of that size is $2,467, according to the Franchise Tax Board.

“Inclusion is really important for the state of California, and when we lock out Californians based on immigration status, it not only sets back families and communities but it really hurts our state,” Gina Da Silva, government affairs director for the California Immigrant Policy Center, said at the May hearing.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article212753674.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Tax break for undocumented immigrants pushed by California Democrats
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 04:58:27 pm »
Illegal immigrants have already been scamming America for billions in fraudulent tax refunds with their ITIN's and stolen Social Security #'s.  This has been happening throughout the US.  They even claim children that don't belong to them and or are not in the US at all.  One of these people I work with brags about this.  She received a $10,000.00 return.  They come and we have to pay.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ron-johnson-demands-irs-review-of-illegal-immigrant-tax-credits

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »
If this goes down as law, then I believe the federal government has a claim to reduce accordingly the deductibility of California state income taxes on the 1040 form.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 10:10:55 pm »
If this goes down as law, then I believe the federal government has a claim to reduce accordingly the deductibility of California state income taxes on the 1040 form.

(A) no, and

(B) for 2018 forward, state taxes aren’t deductible beyond $10,000 in any event. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:11:57 am »
(A) no, and

(B) for 2018 forward, state taxes aren’t deductible beyond $10,000 in any event.
A is your opinion.  You are entitled to it, even if incorrect.  The feds gets to decide what is deductible on a federal tax return, not the states.

B means nothing as state income taxes remain deductible on individual returns.  Illegals paying over $10,000 in CA income taxes is a figment of your imagination.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 12:47:56 am »

Thank you President Trump.  Stick it to the blue.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:52 am »
Do they really think undocumented immigrants are claiming any income or even filing taxes? If stupid hurt, the screams coming from the coasts would be enough to form another mountain range somewhere in the middle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 03:51:39 am »
Do they really think undocumented immigrants are claiming any income or even filing taxes? If stupid hurt, the screams coming from the coasts would be enough to form another mountain range somewhere in the middle.

They do already and they are getting bigly tax returns for all those children with their ITIN's.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 04:07:21 am »
They do already and they are getting bigly tax returns for all those children with their ITIN's.
Kindly clue me in, even in Mexifornia, how a person who is not here legally can file taxes? (and not be shipped out). In this State, anyway, we have a law against making money from anything connected with a crime. Since being here illegally is a crime, filing for EITC or other negative income tax schemes would conceivably constitute profiting from the crime of being here illegally, since they would not be present or working legally in the State.

I understand California is trying to give itself back to Mexico, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 04:16:38 am »
Kindly clue me in, even in Mexifornia, how a person who is not here legally can file taxes? (and not be shipped out). In this State, anyway, we have a law against making money from anything connected with a crime. Since being here illegally is a crime, filing for EITC or other negative income tax schemes would conceivably constitute profiting from the crime of being here illegally, since they would not be present or working legally in the State.

I understand California is trying to give itself back to Mexico, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Apparently there are a lot of people unaware that this has been happening since 1996.  Our very own IRS gives them ITIN's and they claim tax credits for their children and children that don't even live with them in the US.  This has been exposed for a very long time but it still happens.  Not only can they get huge refunds with their ITIN's but the also get mortgages, business loans, car loans.......etc. with them.

https://cis.org/Child-Tax-Credits-Illegal-Immigrants

More:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/09/groups-want-trump-to-close-loophole-allowing-illegal-immigrants-to-abuse-tax-credits.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:21:38 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 04:59:02 am »
Apparently there are a lot of people unaware that this has been happening since 1996.  Our very own IRS gives them ITIN's and they claim tax credits for their children and children that don't even live with them in the US.  This has been exposed for a very long time but it still happens.  Not only can they get huge refunds with their ITIN's but the also get mortgages, business loans, car loans.......etc. with them.

More:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/09/groups-want-trump-to-close-loophole-allowing-illegal-immigrants-to-abuse-tax-credits.html
Wow. Unreal. Reading those numbers, if Trump shut that down, it would be a good start at paying for the Wall....

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 05:17:12 am »
Wow. Unreal. Reading those numbers, if Trump shut that down, it would be a good start at paying for the Wall....

Sure would.  It should stop immediately but they have know a long time.  They should also stop giving loans to illegal immigrants.  Pretty hard to send someone back if they have a business, mortgage and car loan.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 05:21:49 am »
Sure would.  It should stop immediately but they have know a long time.  They should also stop giving loans to illegal immigrants.  Pretty hard to send someone back if they have a business, mortgage and car loan.
Repo men gotta eat, too.

Funny how the law was plenty 'clear' that every Conservative nonprofit could be investigatede in depth but handing money out to illegal aleins was somehow a gray area.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 05:47:52 am »
Repo men gotta eat, too.

Funny how the law was plenty 'clear' that every Conservative nonprofit could be investigatede in depth but handing money out to illegal aleins was somehow a gray area.

yeah funny how that works.  I can't really put the illegal immigration problem on liberals only.  It has had bipartisan support for a very long time.  Ronald Reagan, George Bush......

Not really Conservative though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:48:24 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 10:11:03 pm »
Maybe you should look  at how far back the IRS was issuing tax ID's to illegals. The illegals file bogus tax returns under their stolen socials and they file under issued tax ID's and no matter how they file, and they do, they receive extremely generous 'refund' for taxes they never paid courtesy of the democraps robbing American taxpayers.

Offline threadbender

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 06:09:37 am »

More:

I used to be a tax preparer. I had one man try to claim, in addition to his 3 children in the states, 6 dependents in Mexico. These people are prepared with names, DOB, and so on. I knew him and his girl friend so I refused to do it. I knew he was lying. He was not supporting them, well, not over 50% anyway. I did it correctly and he refused to file it. He went elsewhere. Getting $3K wasn't enough. Oh, and with 3 or more kids, in our state, they get 40% of the federal amount from the state.
I am so glad I quit doing it. It was depressing seeing someone, here with his girl friend getting welfare and thousands of dollars more. He actually worked but knew the amount to earn to get the biggest refund and the W2 would only show that much. They had a free home, free food, free medical and free money. Free for them, anyway.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 02:07:37 pm »
I used to be a tax preparer. I had one man try to claim, in addition to his 3 children in the states, 6 dependents in Mexico. These people are prepared with names, DOB, and so on. I knew him and his girl friend so I refused to do it. I knew he was lying. He was not supporting them, well, not over 50% anyway. I did it correctly and he refused to file it. He went elsewhere. Getting $3K wasn't enough. Oh, and with 3 or more kids, in our state, they get 40% of the federal amount from the state.
I am so glad I quit doing it. It was depressing seeing someone, here with his girl friend getting welfare and thousands of dollars more. He actually worked but knew the amount to earn to get the biggest refund and the W2 would only show that much. They had a free home, free food, free medical and free money. Free for them, anyway.

Being that I work in manufacturing I see this kind of stuff all the time.  One woman bragged about her $10,000.00 return.  The welfare the same.  They know how to work it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »

Yes. Its the only way they can claim an earned income deduction.

Illegals are filing their tax returns because they're getting refunds.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 02:30:51 pm »
Yes. Its the only way they can claim an earned income deduction.

Illegals are filing their tax returns because they're getting refunds.

Which makes me wonder why California is asking for this law?  They already claim these credits with fraudulent SS and ITIN.