Author Topic: Trump Signals Support For Legislation Easing US Ban On Pot  (Read 10760 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump Signals Support For Legislation Easing US Ban On Pot
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:25 pm »
Exactly what is 'lit up at work?'  Is that actually lighting up a marijuana cigarette or simply acting stoned?  You do know that for a lot of people, the stoned look is a default position.

I've seen quite a lot of "lit up at work" over the years. But it wasn't pot. It was due to the "Liquid Lunches"

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2018, 07:36:20 pm »
And, printers and podiatrists.
Not to mention photographers, psychologists, proctologists, phrenologists, placekickers, pitchers, and penologists

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2018, 08:24:18 pm »
Sounds like some of the people @bigheadfred works with.

As @bigheadfred  and I have opined in commiseration..

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2018, 08:32:02 pm »

Rodman’s arrival in Singapore.  Peace through strength weed based crypto.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:33:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2018, 08:39:33 pm »
Exactly what is 'lit up at work?'  Is that actually lighting up a marijuana cigarette or simply acting stoned?  You do know that for a lot of people, the stoned look is a default position.

@Emjay
If you smoke a joint, you're lit. Whether you smoke it before you come, or while you are there, or while you are at lunch... doesn't matter. Anymore than it does a feller with beer on his breath. If you can't leave it alone while you are in my employ, there is a problem. And I will suffer no fools.

One warning, and that's it. business is business.
I don't imbibe. But there was a beer fridge at the shop, and it was not uncommon for someone to pass the pipe around... But all that is for after hours. Only exception to that is if I had em working late - Generally I'd buy from Za Hut, and the beer fridge is open for that...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:37 pm »

Rodman’s arrival in Singapore.  Peace through strength weed based crypto.

It just hit me why Rodman is there:  To make President Trump look sane by comparison....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
@Emjay
If you smoke a joint, you're lit. Whether you smoke it before you come, or while you are there, or while you are at lunch... doesn't matter. Anymore than it does a feller with beer on his breath. If you can't leave it alone while you are in my employ, there is a problem. And I will suffer no fools.

One warning, and that's it. business is business.
I don't imbibe. But there was a beer fridge at the shop, and it was not uncommon for someone to pass the pipe around... But all that is for after hours. Only exception to that is if I had em working late - Generally I'd buy from Za Hut, and the beer fridge is open for that...

Your approach is far more freedom loving than the average Corporation, where smoking weed any time in the last month will get you sacked on a random screen.  They aren't interested in taking a close look to see if somebody's actually stoned, when they can just look at numerical result on a lab printout.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2018, 08:43:55 pm »
It just hit me why Rodman is there:  To make President Trump look sane by comparison....

The sanity was out the window long ago.  When the summit is inspiring tacos and shots, how seriously are people taking it?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/businesses-singapore-hope-cash-trump-burgers-kim-tacos-181052066.html

Offline darroll

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2018, 08:45:00 pm »
Nope. In my experience as an employer, ain't no way in hell I'm going to let no Stoner work for me... Ain't no different than alcohol ain't no different than oxy it's all the same thing

Pain or no pain, if you're lit, you ain't worth having working-wise.
Yes.
We had a stoner at work that we called evil spirit.
The last time I saw him he said he was going to smuggle his diamond across the state line.
I didn't question his statement.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2018, 08:45:58 pm »
I always heard that people whose occupations begin with "P" are prone to self-medicate.  I could only think of painter and paperhanger.

Don't try proving that one on painters. Like I said, the work itself is causal. And I'll tell you what... A good varnish high, or epoxy resin high... You won't go back to street drugs... And it's legal.

The other main difference is that you eat before you get high with paint... Volatiles tend to turn the belly, so a big greasy burger really helps with that...

Offline edpc

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2018, 08:49:39 pm »
I always heard that people whose occupations begin with "P" are prone to self-medicate.

Finally.  Something that explains the high rate of drug abuse among Panesthesiologists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2018, 08:56:20 pm »
Your approach is far more freedom loving than the average Corporation, where smoking weed any time in the last month will get you sacked on a random screen.  They aren't interested in taking a close look to see if somebody's actually stoned, when they can just look at numerical result on a lab printout.

:shrug:
My insurance required random testing, and if they tested positive for anything they were gone. They all knew that going in, and quite a few were fired that way. But quite a few that I knew were doped skated on the tests. Dunno how, or why, but not an uncommon thing.

But that was a mechanical thing - Outside of my control. I don't care so long as you are sober on my time, and your off-time habits don't cause me grief. I might throw your bail once... and give you the time off to see the judge... But if that seems to be a habit, you'll be gone. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2018, 08:57:39 pm »
Don't try proving that one on painters. Like I said, the work itself is causal. And I'll tell you what... A good varnish high, or epoxy resin high... You won't go back to street drugs... And it's legal.

The other main difference is that you eat before you get high with paint... Volatiles tend to turn the belly, so a big greasy burger really helps with that...

Now I've heard everything.

Actually promoting Huffing Glue

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2018, 09:01:57 pm »

:shrug:

It's the state of our legal system.  You have a better chance of getting away with smoking crack than pot, the way the drug tests are today.  And the Grabbers are fine with that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
Not to mention photographers, psychologists, proctologists, phrenologists, placekickers, pitchers, and penologists

:laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2018, 09:05:11 pm »

Naw... Them guys fill a paper bag. We fill the whole dang room.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2018, 09:07:16 pm »

My closest cousin is the son of a painter. He worked with his father a couple of summers as a teenager. He's told me of only too many times both he and his father would find themselves high just from normal breathing with some of the chemicals in the paints they used in those years. It wasn't something you sought consciously.

And I can remember those classic mimeograph machines in school, the ones that printed in the purplish ink, and which had something in that ink that could make you a little high without really trying to be.

I don't think roamer was actually promoting a huffing glue high, any more than I'm suggesting let's all go out, find one of those old mimeo machines, ink it up, and get buzzed.

I do know a story about one division in the New York Police Department, told in the biography of whistleblower cop Frank Serpico: one morning, while discussing how to recognise marijuana use, the desk sergeant actually passed a couple of joints around so the officers could get themselves a closer idea. As the desk sergeant intoned, "You will note its pungent aroma," one of the cops passing one of the joints whispered to his buddy next to him, "Hey, this is real good sh@t!"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2018, 09:11:23 pm »

I think it is pretty obvious he isn't supporting huffing glue, just pointing out there are many ways people get high that are 'technically' legal. Where there is a will there is a way. The difference is there isn't a 'war on glue' with a huge cartel and police state enterprise supported by the war.

But I bet if the government decided to have a 'war on glue' you would see a boom in big government/big cartel for that too.

Offline edpc

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2018, 09:13:22 pm »
And I can remember those classic mimeograph machines in school, the ones that printed in the purplish ink, and which had something in that ink that could make you a little high without really trying to be.

! No longer available

Online roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2018, 09:24:21 pm »
I don't think roamer was actually promoting a huffing glue high, any more than I'm suggesting let's all go out, find one of those old mimeo machines, ink it up, and get buzzed.

That's right - It's just part of doing business in that business.  :shrug:
My point to start with was that the business attracts stoners by it's nature, And if they don't get high when they start, they are likely to before long...
The coming down off the work buzz is tough, and folks will tend to medicate in a recreational fashion to keep it on.  :shrug:

And even where getting high is part of the workplace, some still need to get higher still. It really is a problem in that industry in regard to finding suitable employees.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2018, 09:32:13 pm »
That's right - It's just part of doing business in that business.  :shrug:
My point to start with was that the business attracts stoners by it's nature, And if they don't get high when they start, they are likely to before long...
The coming down off the work buzz is tough, and folks will tend to medicate in a recreational fashion to keep it on.  :shrug:

And even where getting high is part of the workplace, some still need to get higher still. It really is a problem in that industry in regard to finding suitable employees.

So you want to hire workers who don't mind getting an occupational buzz as long as they are clean on their drug test?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2018, 09:42:16 pm »
So you want to hire workers who don't mind getting an occupational buzz as long as they are clean on their drug test?

More than that... If they need to get high in order to come to work and get high... That indicates a problem. Same, whether pot, or alcohol, or huffin glue. Ain't no different to me.

But routinely, folks gotta get lit at lunch and break, and even before they come to work... And that is in an industry where they are going to catch a buzz anyway.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »
The problem with the drug tests are for the occasional user that only partakes on the weekend. He comes to work stone cold sober, but flunks the drug test.

His co-worker who has the hair of the dog for breakfast, is AOK.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2018, 09:59:37 pm »
The problem with the drug tests are for the occasional user that only partakes on the weekend. He comes to work stone cold sober, but flunks the drug test.

His co-worker who has the hair of the dog for breakfast, is AOK.

No, At least with my insurance, alcohol was screened too. And I was probably losing around 50/50 alcohol v other, with pot next.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2018, 10:17:29 pm »
But I bet if the government decided to have a 'war on glue' you would see a boom in big government/big cartel for that too.
@AbaraXas
psssssssst . . . shaddap you face! You want to give the bastards any more bright ideas?  :laugh: