Author Topic: Afghan teen who fled terrorism to be released from ICE detention  (Read 469 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Afghan teen who fled terrorism to be released from ICE detention
By Glamour

SAN FRANCISCO — He is now known as Hamid, but so little else is certain about the young man who showed up seven months ago at the U.S. border with questionable documents and a story of a tragic and treacherous trip from his village in Afghanistan through South America and somehow, alone, to the port of entry at San Ysidro.

On Friday, his extraordinary journey will take another turn when a group of students in San Francisco inspired by his case deliver a $25,000 check to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to free him from a detention facility in a case immigrant advocates say illustrates just how broken the asylum system has become in President Donald Trump’s America.

Hamid’s ordeal with the U.S. immigration system began in November when he left Tijuana and crossed into America and began telling his story to border agents.

Read more at: https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/08/afghan-teen-who-fled-terrorism-to-be-released-from-ice-detention/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Afghan teen who fled terrorism to be released from ICE detention
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 08:22:33 pm »
That was a feel good story.  Showing how ICE is doing it's job as directed and under the law,. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."