Author Topic: Former Senate Intelligence Committee director indicted, arrested for lying to FBI  (Read 641 times)

Offline mrclose

Jim Wolfe, a longtime former director of security at the Senate Intelligence Committee, was indicted and arrested Thursday night for giving false statements to FBI agents during their investigation into leaks of classified information to the media.

According to the Department of Justice, Wolfe lied to FBI agents back in 2017 "about his repeated contacts with three reporters, including through his use of encrypted messaging applications."

Wolfe is also accused of making false statements about providing "non-public information related to matters occurring before the [Senate Intelligence Committee]" to two additional reporters.

"The Attorney General has stated that investigations and prosecutions of unauthorized disclosure of controlled information are a priority of the Department of Justice. The allegations in this indictment are doubly troubling as the false statements concern the unauthorized disclosure of sensitive and confidential information,” Assistant Attorney General Demers said of Wolfe's arrest. “Those entrusted with sensitive information must discharge their duties with honesty and integrity, and that includes telling the truth to law enforcement.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-senate-intelligence-committee-director-indicted-for-lying-to-f-b-i-about-leaking-information-to-reporters
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So when does the former FBI Director get arrested and indicted for lying to Congress and the American people for giving false statements during their investigation into how his agency dealt with Hillary Clinton's classified e-mail leaks?

Oh I get it.... Alphabets are above the law moreso than others.  They are a law unto themselves apparently.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:22:32 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Can anyone explain this for me?  I know the executive branch FBI hates Trump, but so does the executive branch DOJ.  Should I be elated or concerned that the government is prosecuting the press reporting systemic corruption during the Trump administration. 

Oh nevermind.  What does it matter when President Trump has fixed Korea, abortion,  the Deep State, ISIS, NFL flag desecration, plane crashes, and the holy observance of Christmas. 

#Make America!!!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Can anyone explain this for me?  I know the executive branch FBI hates Trump, but so does the executive branch DOJ.  Should I be elated or concerned that the government is prosecuting the press reporting systemic corruption during the Trump administration. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're prosecuting a government actor who talked to the press, not the press itself, right?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're prosecuting a government actor who talked to the press, not the press itself, right?
Yes. You've actually better pointed out a distinction.  Thank you, but again I am unsure who the media/government wants to paint as the bad guy for informing me.