Author Topic: Former Senate Intelligence Committee staffer indicted on lying to FBI about classified documents  (Read 2547 times)

Oceander

@Oceander

Especially since she is free. Probably been a while since he ran across "free".

Of course,if it were me I would just have to recognize the fact that the young woman was intelligent,alert,and had good taste in men.

Very true!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Oceander

Especially since she is free. Probably been a while since he ran across "free".

Of course,if it were me I would just have to recognize the fact that the young woman was intelligent,alert,and had good taste in men.

Actually far from free!  She cost him plenty.  Much more than if he'd just paid up front in fact.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Actually far from free!  She cost him plenty.  Much more than if he'd just paid up front in fact.

If there is a women alive that is "free" I sure have never met "her"

Rarer than hens teeth and finer than the hair on a frogs ass.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:20:53 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Yeah,with hindsight,but he was using a different version of "hindsight" at the time than you or I are talking about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Yeah,with hindsight,but he was using a different version of "hindsight" at the time than you or I are talking about.

You know what they say about a man's blood supply.  Only enough to supply one head at a time.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You know what they say about a man's blood supply.  Only enough to supply one head at a time.

@Bigun

Yeah,that sounds vaguely familiar for reasons too painful to discuss.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Yeah,that sounds vaguely familiar for reasons too painful to discuss.

I don't think any of us with a Y chromosome have entirely escaped the results of that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline darroll

The FBI are waking up?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Robin Williams did a bit on that some time ago.  LMAO!

MHRIP.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Sex, Leaks, and an Indictment: A Senate Staffer and Journalist Create A Real Life House of Cards
By Peter D'Abrosca -
Jun 8, 2018

A New York Times reporter had her phone and email records seized after her lover, a staff member for the Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI) was arrested for lying to the FBI during an investigation into the leak of classified information.

Reporter Ali Watkins had a three-year relationship with James A. Wolfe, longtime director of security for the SSCI. He is alleged to have made false statements to the FBI regarding his relationship with three reporters in connection to the Carter Page case.

“It appeared that the F.B.I. was investigating how Ms. Watkins learned that Russian spies in 2013 had tried to recruit Carter Page, a former Trump foreign policy adviser,” according to the New York Times.  ... More at BigLeaguePolitics
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

BuzzFeed Confirms It Knew About Ali Watkins’ Relationship With Indicted Senate Official
Posted on June 9, 2018 by True Pundit Staff

Questions remain over whether BuzzFeed News acted ethically with a former employee, Ali Watkins, who had a romantic relationship with an indicted former security director for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Watkins told her BuzzFeed editors about her relationship with the individual, James Wolfe, who the Department of Justice has charged with lying to investigators during a leak probe, according to The New York Times, where Watkins now works as a national security reporter.

BuzzFeed Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith said he would “not comment at all on a reporter’s sources in the middle of an unjustifiable leak hunt” when The Daily Caller News Foundation asked about the extent the organization knew about Watkins’ behavior to corroborate The Times’ reporting.

“I am baffled that the FBI and Justice Department are going to these dangerous lengths over a story that points to public court documents that describe Russian spies approaching a Trump adviser, who himself is quoted confirming his role in the episode. I’d like to know why that should be secret,” Smith added. 

Later, a BuzzFeed spokesman told TheDCNF that the company does not dispute The Times’ reporting on Wolfe’s indictment, meaning that at least some BuzzFeed editors were aware of Watkins’ relationship with the Senate Intelligence aide....True Pundit (also at Daily Caller)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org