Author Topic: Theresa May gives Trump the cold shoulder, will not meet with US delegation at G7 summit  (Read 591 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Theresa May gives Trump the cold shoulder, will not meet with US delegation at G7 summit
Washington Examiner, Jun 7, 2018

President Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May will not be holding a formal bilateral meeting at the G7 summit this weekend.

According to Reuters, May’s advisers have not ruled out another formatted meeting between the two leaders but they did send a signal that they will continue to retaliate against the U.S. tariffs.

“Obviously the European Union will be responding. We want to ensure, and we’re working with others in the European Union to ensure, that that response is proportionate, that it is within the WTO rules,” May told reporters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/theresa-may-gives-trump-the-cold-shoulder-will-not-meet-with-u-s-delegation-at-g7-summit

Online Right_in_Virginia

Good, good strategy.  000hehehehe

Offline Suppressed

Good, good strategy.  000hehehehe

Agreed.  The UK and Europe need to understand that they should move closer to the USSR Russia, now that the US doesn't really care about its friends in this Obama/Trump era. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We beat the English twice and saved their asses twice.  We no longer owe them anything.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Agreed.  The UK and Europe need to understand that they should move closer to the USSR Russia, now that the US doesn't really care about its friends in this Obama/Trump era.

If we have to give away our national security to keep them as friends perhaps they aren't really friends.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

If we have to give away our national security to keep them as friends perhaps they aren't really friends.

There are no friends, only interests.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UK needs to put UK first as well; and not have their own policies that are not always in the interests of their own people.