Author Topic: Skeleton of executed 1,000 year old man discovered in Sussex  (Read 398 times)

rangerrebew

Skeleton of executed 1,000 year old man discovered in Sussex

Steve Payne Email Published: 14:49 Thursday 07 June 2018   

The remains of a man thought to have been executed 1,000 years ago have been uncovered. The skeleton dating back to the 11th Century was found during excavation work on the South Downs for the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm, with the body showing signs of a traumatic death. Rampion skeleton vertebrae showing cut marks to the neck Rampion skeleton vertebrae showing cut marks to the neck Archaeologists from Archaeology South East, UCL, working on behalf of the Rampion project, uncovered the well-preserved remains of the adult male aged 25 to 35 years in a well-cut grave in chalk bedrock on the south-western side of Truleigh Hill, north of Brighton and Shoreham.

Read more at: https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/news/county-news-skeleton-of-executed-1-000-year-old-man-discovered-in-sussex-1-8525742

Offline Suppressed

Re: Skeleton of executed 1,000 year old man discovered in Sussex
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 03:48:54 pm »
Harsh style of execution.  I suppose they think that the multiple cuts means it wasn't murder?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn