Author Topic: What the North Koreans Told Me About Their Plans  (Read 410 times)

rangerrebew

What the North Koreans Told Me About Their Plans
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:32 am »
What the North Koreans Told Me About Their Plans

I was one of a handful of former officials to meet with them when they were just developing their current strategy. Those talks offer the best information we have about how to achieve denuclearization.

Joel S. Wit
May 20, 2018

What exactly do the North Koreans mean when they say they’re willing to denuclearize? And how exactly would they do so? These are the key mysteries at the heart of the upcoming Trump-Kim summit—and indeed they threatened to derail the whole thing this week when Kim Jong Un objected to National-Security Adviser John Bolton’s vision for it. In a statement attributed to Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan, North Korea chastised Bolton for his invocation of the “Libya model” of unilateral denuclearization as a template, noting that the “world knows too well that our country is neither Libya nor Iraq which have met miserable [fates].” The White House quickly walked back Bolton’s remarks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/north-korea-denuclearization/560774/?mc_cid=0cdcfea4e0&mc_eid=a2347325a4
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:01:19 am by rangerrebew »