Author Topic: President Trump Commutes Sentence of Alice Johnson  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: President Trump Commutes Sentence of Alice Johnson
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 04:30:49 pm »
I'm assuming you haven't any.  Does this help explain your bitterness?

I can't explain why @Once-Ler is like he is, but whoever had enough influence to bring this to the President's attention did a good thing.  I know Alice was no angel back in the day but her sentence was so far out of whack for her crime, I'm glad someone cared.

Now, if we can just get Kim interested in Tommy Robinson.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 04:34:21 pm »
When didn't I?

I'm finding it hard to believe there are so many hateful, nasty people and that I associate with some of them.

I can't stand the Kardashians but this was a decent cause.  Nobody gets a life sentence for a first time drug offense and this woman had already served most of it. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 04:35:23 pm »
I think everyone missed them. That's the beauty of "Ignore".

I don't think I could stay here without the ignore feature.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 04:51:04 pm »
I can't explain why @Once-Ler is like he is,
@Emjay Why do you feel the need to insult me?  sad.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 04:54:54 pm »
Per my 2 cents, I find @Once-Ler   as a very reasonable, civil person in their statements.

I may disagree with some statements but I don't feel "offended", "oh, I am so offended by that", no, not at all, no red lines crossed.  I've witnessed Once for over 2 years.

This is all off-topic, sometimes I think, we as people in general, feel like "lashing out", I think TOS is much worse in this aspect. While there are some good posters, there are some who just toss out 'red meat' so to speak.

In my thought process, I think I've mostly gotten over the inclination to just "lash out", say with Obama prior, there were some matters, I strongly disagreed with him on. I still disagree strongly but at least, feel like I can make a constructive statement.

Edit On: "Sexual Predator", well, that just sounds like sour grapes to me. Anyway, the country is moving in a positive direction where really, the country under the most progressive president we have ever had, the prior one, was the country being driven into the ground. I really believe that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:58:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »

I can't explain why @Emjay is like she is. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 04:56:42 pm »

Why do you assume she's insulting you? Maybe she's implying you're a swell, positive poster who's here for the information and camaraderie.

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »
Per my 2 cents, I find @Once-Ler   as a very reasonable, civil person in their statements.

I may disagree with some statements but I don't feel "offended", "oh, I am so offended by that", no, not at all, no red lines crossed.  I've witnessed Once for over 2 years.

This is all off-topic, sometimes I think, we as people in general, feel like "lashing out", I think TOS is much worse in this aspect. While there are some good posters, there are some who just toss out 'red meat' so to speak.

In my thought process, I think I've mostly gotten over the inclination to just "lash out", say with Obama prior, there were some matters, I strongly disagreed with him on. I still disagree strongly but at least, feel like I can make a constructive statement.

Edit On: "Sexual Predator", well, that just sounds like sour grapes to me. Anyway, the country is moving in a positive direction where really, the country under the most progressive president we have ever had, the prior one, was the country being driven into the ground. I really believe that.

Thank you @TomSea I feel the same way about you.  It is self evident that I respond to your posts because I think you are an effective voices for your opinion.  I believe you post your honest and contemplative thoughts...sometimes leaving yourself open to criticism and ridicule.  I respect that, even though I might exploit it occasionally for a cheap laugh.  I'm only human, despite what Alex Jones says about the secretly invading armada from Rigil 7.

It is very hard to write in a manner that expresses all of our intent.  Writing can't express a wink or a sly smile, body language and the nod of a head.  I like you and I believe you are guided by your heartfelt principles.  I don't know how to express this any more sincerely, yet I have a nagging suspicion you might read these words but hear Nancy Pelosi's voice. 

I am an ideological traveler in search of a cause, and I feel the need to test everything.  For whatever reason, you've never held back, but I can't remember you ever exceeding the bounds of decency.  Thank You.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:10:00 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 05:20:08 pm »

Why do you take it as an insult when I say I cannot understand you or explain why you post as you do?  It's just a fact.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2018, 05:22:12 pm »
Many people feel that any disagreement is an insult.
Countdown to Resignation

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:59 am »
Why do you take it as an insult when I say I cannot understand you or explain why you post as you do?  It's just a fact.
Because words have meaning @Emjay

"I can't explain why @Once-Ler is like he is," conveys a message...especially when in response and quoting @Right_in_Virginia 's insinuation that I am friendless and bitter.

The message you chose to convey is "Yeah right!?! What's his problem?"

You could have left it out and still posted with the perfectly reasonable statement...

"whoever had enough influence to bring this to the President's attention did a good thing.  I know Alice was no angel back in the day but her sentence was so far out of whack for her crime, I'm glad someone cared.

Now, if we can just get Kim interested in Tommy Robinson."

So I'll ask again "Why do you feel the need to insult me?"  This time don't be coy.  You're a grown woman and I don't believe you are ignorant of the meaning of your own words.  Have the integrity to own them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 10:52:02 am »
Just my globalist "friends" and you.  I suppose my bitterness stems from supporting the GOP for 30 years and being rewarded with more debt for my children, social acceptance of open racism, and a horribly corrupt and embarrassingly incoherent dolt as a leader.  Thanx for asking.

Nah ... I think you're just a contrarian.  But, do carry on. 

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 11:14:20 am »
Nah ... I think you're just a contrarian.  But, do carry on.
@Right_in_Virginia thanx for your permission.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 11:19:56 am »
@Right_in_Virginia thanx for your permission.

Actually, it was more of a blessing .... and you're welcome.  :beer:

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 11:28:39 am »
Actually, it was more of a blessing .... and you're welcome.  :beer:
@Right_in_Virginia fair enough.  Enjoy your weekend with my blessing.   :beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »
Because words have meaning @Emjay

"I can't explain why @Once-Ler is like he is," conveys a message...especially when in response and quoting @Right_in_Virginia 's insinuation that I am friendless and bitter.

The message you chose to convey is "Yeah right!?! What's his problem?"

You could have left it out and still posted with the perfectly reasonable statement...

"whoever had enough influence to bring this to the President's attention did a good thing.  I know Alice was no angel back in the day but her sentence was so far out of whack for her crime, I'm glad someone cared.

Now, if we can just get Kim interested in Tommy Robinson."

So I'll ask again "Why do you feel the need to insult me?"  This time don't be coy.  You're a grown woman and I don't believe you are ignorant of the meaning of your own words.  Have the integrity to own them.

If I hadn't banned the word @Once-Ler , I would be tempted to call you a snowflake. 

You seemed to be clutching for insults.  I still don't know why the simple truth that I do not understand you would insult you.

I don't understand you.  Do you understand me?  I think not. 

But I am truly sorry if I hurt your feelings and I will try to understand you better in the future.