Author Topic: Exclusive: Trump invokes War of 1812 in testy call with Trudeau over tariffs  (Read 8790 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Strangely I never see you post anything like this in response to posts like @Oceander made telling us we considered Trump to be God. 

Something which is far more offensive to people of faith then anything Emjay has ever posted.

@Emjay

Really?  You just haven't seen them. 

And, Emjay and I respect each other, so I can say this kind of stuff to her and she to me, without starting a conflagration. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks @Sanguine I didn't think I was being that nasty either, but I do admit it prolongs threads.  But has anyone ever seen an extended thread here that didn't involve infighting?  Nope, sad to say.  But thanks for pepping me up; I was gonna call it quits for the day.

It's a beautiful day here; I hope it is there too.   ***wine

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty   See, I don't go around with blind rages.  I go around with irritation sometimes.  But, you are wrong.  Simply pinging someone does not result in that person seeing your post.  I would have to be very curious, indeed, to look at that person's post when I know it will only irritate me.  And since that person hasn't had an original thought since the primaries, what is the point?

I must confess, I don't have much experience with having people on my "Ignore" list.  I try to keep that box empty, unless somebody has been really getting my goat.  Then it's only for a couple days.

I find it extremely rare when somebody doesn't have an original thought.  I find value in just about everything Briefers have to say, even if it does cheese me off.  Since I don't have a side in this "Ever/Never Trump" conflagration, I have no emotional investment.  :shrug:

I'm a lot like @Sanguine on this:  I don't find it infuriating or particularly interesting to see the same worn out arguments from either side.  The worst I can say is it can get boring, and it really does stifle the speech.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Lando Lincoln

What kinda wine is that...?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Merlot, of course.   ^-^

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:drunk:

Too early in the day.  Check in on me later.   :thud:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Does MD 20-20 come in a Merlot?

I wouldn't know, I'm a bit more high-maintenance.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Probably from a box...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Suppressed

Trudeau is destroying his country.  Trump is improving his.

Yes Trudeau is an idiot.  The kind that goes to India and tries to dress his entire family as Indians.  The kind that invites terrorists into his country.

Canada: our largest national forest.    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does MD 20-20 come in a Merlot?

I don't think so.  Can I interest you in a nice Pomegranate?
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Canada: our largest national forest.    *****rollingeyes*****

And the largest supplier of the crude oil we import.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Probably from a box...

Hey, hey.  No, it's the big bottle.  A gallon, I think.

Offline WingNot

I wouldn't know, I'm a bit more high-maintenance.

I didn't know you were a Druish Princess!

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. I see you've upped your game. Found a second emoji to use. Kudos.

Offline WingNot

And the largest supplier of the crude oil we import.

Right behind Cold Fronts and Hockey Players.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hey, hey.  No, it's the big bottle.  A gallon, I think.

Ahhh so he's a Gallo drinker.  *snicker*

Offline WingNot

I don't think so.  Can I interest you in a nice Pomegranate?

A what?   You mean one of those fat red overgrown Kiwi's?  No thanks man. You trying to kill a Brother.

Offline Suppressed

Let me put it this way:  I will stipulate that Trump is very often childish, rude, immature, and says amazing stupid and offensive things.  That's a given -- I agree.  So why the f*ck would I want to keep having that discussion???? 

I recall prior to the election, many Trump supporters swore up and down that they'd "keep his feet to the fire".  We were told that, after the election, he'd "become presidential".  Well, those were lies.

If Trump supporters were honest, they'd turn on him, showing him that the adoration he so pathetically craves would be pulled from him unless he gets into line.

I keep arguing for this.

Liberalism isn't dead; why do we post here day after day arguing against it?  Because it's still a problem.

Thus, we with principles discuss Trump each day, trying to convince Trump supporters to step up and take some responsibility and put pressure on Trump to behave.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A what?   You mean one of those fat red overgrown Kiwi's?  No thanks man. You trying to kill a Brother.

Naw, it's just a flavor of Mad Dog.  But your concern about my harming a Brother is well placed, that stuff sounds like it would be total rot-gut.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin   See, Bill, it's posts like the one you just made that keep me coming back to the forum.  You make so much dang sense, I'm just sitting here amazed at the insight and the articulate post.

That is exactly my problem with a majority of the NTers around here.  They will not let it go.  They keep harping on the things most of us admit and acknowledge about Trump.

I'm not as offended by Trump's tweets as I used to be.  They are Trump's weapon against a ruthless and lying media.  I don't begrudge him that weapon even though it might not be to my taste.

The reason that I have these naysayers on ignore is that they are repetitive, boring and depressing and they will not discuss issues on their merits if it is something that makes Trump look good.

Well, thank you very much.  I obviously agree with you on the point about discussing how much of a cad Trump is.  There's nothing new being said, so it just isn't very interesting to discuss -- at least to me.  So, I don't discuss it.   However....

Part of the reason that discussion lingers is that some of the people who do like Trump don't stick to issues either.  They'll discuss an actual issue -- whether it be taxes, or Iran, or the Supreme Court, but then say something to the effect of:

"See?  Now, won't you admit that the NeverTrumpers are wrong?" 

Well...that's kind of baiting a response.  And that prompts The Great Dumping of everything the other person doesn't like about Trump, including all the offensive stuff.  So around and around it goes.  I would say that if the pro-Trump people don't want to keep hearing the same old complaints about Trump, then they should refrain from the "big-picture" claims that Trump isn't really so bad, and that the neverTrumpers were wrong.  Because that simply invites rehashing of all the old arguments.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:34:34 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I recall prior to the election, many Trump supporters swore up and down that they'd "keep his feet to the fire".  We were told that, after the election, he'd "become presidential".  Well, those were lies.

If Trump supporters were honest, they'd turn on him, showing him that the adoration he so pathetically craves would be pulled from him unless he gets into line.

I keep arguing for this.

Liberalism isn't dead; why do we post here day after day arguing against it?  Because it's still a problem.

Thus, we with principles discuss Trump each day, trying to convince Trump supporters to step up and take some responsibility and put pressure on Trump to behave.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Naw, it's just a flavor of Mad Dog.  But your concern about my harming a Brother is well placed, that stuff sounds like it would be total rot-gut.

Whoa.  Back the grape truck up.  Are you telling me there is a pomegranate MD wine?  Well hell son that is down right unamerican.  If I'm gonna drink a fortified wine I don't want any healthy crap in there!

That is Communism pure and simple.