Author Topic: Giuliani Said Kim Begged ‘On His Hands and Knees’ to Reschedule Summit  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Giuliani Said Kim Begged ‘On His Hands and Knees’ to Reschedule Summit

President Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said Wednesday that Kim Jong-un “begged” the Trump administration to reschedule their previously planned June 12 summit in Singapore after the president cancelled the event in retaliation for North Korea’s hostile rhetoric.

“Well, Kim Jong Un got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in,” Giuliani said of Kim’s reaction to the cancellation while speaking at an investment conference in Israel, according to the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/rudy-giuliani-north-korea-kim-begged-trump-summit/

If I were writing the headline, it would be:  "Guiliani destroys chances of a deal with NK".  But, that's just me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:35:32 pm by Sanguine »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
If I were writing the headline, it would be:  "Guiliani destroys chances of a deal with NK".  But, that's just me.

Something is seriously wrong with that man.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

You're not helping, Rudy.

Offline WingNot

He needs to take Ed Koch's old spot on the Peoples Court and out of the public Forum.

Online corbe

If Bolton's 'Libya Model' snark upset him so, this Giuliani comment is really gonna pizz him off.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He needs to take Ed Koch's old spot on the Peoples Court and out of the public Forum.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Trump is rubbing off on him and not in a good way.  That interview with Stephanopolis last weekend was a disaster too.

Offline Night Hides Not

Something is seriously wrong with that man.

Man, the shelf life of that dude's brain must have expired ten years ago. What the hell was Trump thinking?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
How do I get the feeling the author will be backing out of this story?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

How do I get the feeling the author will be backing out of this story?

Ah prairie shit.  It was from the National Review.  I wish Sang would have include a link to that tripe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ah prairie shit.  It was from the National Review.  I wish Sang would have include a link to that tripe.

Yeah, I just saw that I neglected to do that.  Fixed now.

It's also in the WSJ:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/kim-jong-un-begged-for-summit-on-his-hands-and-knees-giuliani-says-1528293476
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:37:19 pm by Sanguine »

Offline WingNot

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline WingNot

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

That would really disappoint Undersecretary of State Dennis Rodman.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump is rubbing off on him and not in a good way.  That interview with Stephanopolis last weekend was a disaster too.

Trump is having the same effect on most of his staff and cabinet.

My last battalion commander in the Army had the same style of leadership. To curry favor with him, one needed to display an SOB attitude, as if emulating his leadership.

Thankfully, I knew I was resigning my commission as soon as my command tour ended. I was nearing 30 and would be married within a couple of years. I had fulfilled my active duty commitment four years prior, and had no desire to go to Korea, or back to Germany...I was perfectly happy being back in the States.

If I had been judged on the "metrics" of my battery, my OER would have been off the charts: 99% pass rate on the PT test where the median age of my soldiers was approaching 40 (it was a HQs battery, i.e. I had the Commanding General's staff, and five directorates run by Colonels...all five Colonels gave glowing recommendations to my CO, who promptly discarded them), CG's Best Mess Hall, etc.

Instead, I received a less than stellar efficiency report...the next day, filed the papers for my resignation. That set in motion events that kept him from being selected for the War College, as more eyes from the CG's office were directed his way.

I never thought of myself as Sam Damon, but it felt good to halt the general's track for another Courtney Massengale. The reference is from Once an Eagle, by Anton Myrer, a novel used in the curriculum at the Army War College. I read it as a 2nd Lieutenant, and would drop an occasional reference in conversation. If a field grade officer said they'd never heard of it, I would recommend they get a copy and read it before they were selected to the War College.

In my case, my application of my Jesuit university experience often didn't mesh well with a few superiors...lol. I was a bit too "independent" and free thinking for them. It was magic, though, when I worked for a boss who demanded independence and imagination from their officers. So much so that I served with an old battalion commander twice, when we both returned to Fort Bliss around the same time. He installed me as his operations officer, though I was but a young captain in a slot calling for a lieutenant colonel.

It was probably the only job that I ever had with implied power, though I never wielded it. I knew what the "old man" wanted, and could usually anticipate what he was looking for. He was a great leader IMO, and turned a C-3 battalion into C-1 in 18 months...I was proud to be a part of that transformation.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline edpc

Yep, he said it.   **nononono*

Then followed it with “that’s what has to happen with the Palestinian Authority.”  He’s managed to upset parties in two volatile regions in the world at once.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What a freaking clown show this Administration is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

Then followed it with “that’s what has to happen with the Palestinian Authority.”  He’s managed to upset parties in two volatile regions in the world at once.

Man a twofer.  Guy has skills.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
man what an idiot.

Is he getting senile or perhaps its dementia?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Speaking at an investment conference in Israel hosted by the “Globes” newspaper, Mr. Giuliani said.....

What is Rudy doing at something like that? He over there shilling LifeLock?

Offline jpsb

:thumbsup:

First John Bolten with his Libya model and now this. What is wrong with these people?