Author Topic: Hawaii volcano eruption WARNING: Lava CUTS OFF access to more neighbourhoods on Big Island  (Read 977 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hawaii volcano eruption WARNING: Lava CUTS OFF access to more neighbourhoods on Big Island
Sunday Express/UK, Jun 3, 2018

HAWAII’s volcano has cut off access to Kapoho and Vacationland on the Big Island as violent lava eruptions from Mount Kilauea continue to devastate Leilani Estates and Lanipuna Gardens.

Officials have declared a flow of molten rock has cut off access to Kapoho and Vacationland.

US Geological Survey (USGS) scientist Wendy Stovall said lava and fissures activity is showing no signs of slowing down.

She said: “We don’t see any changes occurring."

The Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency said there is no access to Kapoho and Vacationland along Highway 132 or Highway 137 because of the lava flow.

More:  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/968683/hawaii-volcano-eruption-lava-mount-kilauea-cuts-off-neighbourhoods-big-island

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:49:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Its really surprising to see a volcano on a volcanic island.

So what do they do with the property lines after this settles down?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

They will stay the same.  Otherwise, how else could the keep taxing the property? 

I'm not sure if I meant this as sarcasm...

Online libertybele

Regardless if these people were not too bright settling or living near a past volcanic eruption, hundreds of people have been evacuated and have been displaced and homes are being destroyed.  The lava flow doesn't show any sign of letting up and is now heading for the ocean.

Armageddon anyone?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102003068
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know but I got cash down on some of that new land being created. It a smoking hot deal right now.

Offline goatprairie

The courts will be magmanimous with their rulings.

Offline goatprairie

I don't know but I got cash down on some of that new land being created. It a smoking hot deal right now.
Will it have lava-ish accommodations?

Online libertybele

The devastation continues ....  "The latest estimates - up to 80 more structures than previously counted as destroyed by lava smothering two newly evacuated subdivisions - could bring the total number of homes and other buildings lost over the past month to nearly 200.

Such a tally would put property losses from the current upheaval of Kilauea, which entered its 34th day on Tuesday, on par with the 215 structures destroyed by lava during all 35 years of the volcano's last eruption cycle, which began in 1983."

.......... Civil defense officials said Kapoho Bay itself had been filled in with lava that extended seven-tenths of a mile from what had been the shoreline.

"What used to be the bay is now all lava bed, new land, almost a mile out into the ocean," the civil defense spokesman said............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scores-more-homes-destroyed-lava-flow-hawaiis-big-020410095.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

As bad as it might be there, at least they don't have to deal with pyroclastic flows like they did in Guatemala.

Offline thackney

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:20:40 pm by thackney »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As bad as it might be there, at least they don't have to deal with pyroclastic flows like they did in Guatemala.

True.  The photos from there are awful.