Author Topic: President Trump said Eagles players kneeled for the anthem. They didn’t.  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Suppressed

President Trump said Eagles players kneeled for the anthem. They didn’t.
By Michaela Winberg on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.

[...]

The President released a statement Monday night informing the public that he had uninvited the Birds from the traditional post-Super Bowl victory visit. Why? In part because "only a small number of players decided to come," and in part because Trump said that players had been kneeling or standing in the locker room during the national anthem, which he said was "disrespectful." Many people on the internet made the reasonable assumption that Trump was talking about Eagles players.

But here’s the thing: none of the Eagles kneeled during the national anthem in 2017. According to a study released by Sports Pundit, the Birds were one of just seven teams in the NFL with a perfect non-kneeling record for the entire year. And they didn’t wait in the locker room either, per ESPN SportsCenter anchor Kevin Negandhi. We found no reports that said players stayed in the locker room.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

It must have been on Frump & Friends, therefore it's an incontrovertible FACT!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The fact remains and has been proven without a doubt over the 3 or 4 threads covering this topic;  The iggles suck.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline WingNot

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks.  I have no excuse this time...I wasn't on my phone!

I forgive you Pal!  :seeya:

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Don't laugh, it actually was. They had to walk back a story this morning where they shared an image of players kneeling in prayer as taking a knee for the anthem. I'll find a link for you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-eagles-ertz-trump-20180605-story.html

I saw that article too, but I was at the Dentist and on my phone.  Good news:  I don't need a root canal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Bullshit.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Philadelphia Eagles Football Team was invited to the White House. Unfortunately, only a small number of players decided to come, and we canceled the event. Staying in the Locker Room for the playing of our National Anthem is as disrespectful to our country as kneeling. Sorry!

9:55 PM · Jun 4, 2018

Ummmm.....that was the Steelers.  Right state and sport, wrong team.  Sorry!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-explains-why-steelers-will-stay-in-locker-room-during-national-anthem/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:40:52 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

Bullshit.    :whistle:

that was preseason and the team cut him.....  so it doesn't count..... :cool:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Remember when those of us who were labeled "NeverTrumpers" warned that Trump would force fascism and loyalty to him?

You saw the first step toward that today. "NFL, no escaping to Locker Rooms!"

The President has overstepped his bounds. He is no better than the alphabet-soup lobbyist forcing the Christian to serve him. This is the beginning of what we warned you about. No person with any modicum of respect for individual rights would put such a fascist statement out there.

To use the Presidency to harass individuals for their beliefs... even when not engaged in deliberate acts of offense such as kneeling during an anthem... is not only wrong, but abusive.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

You misunderstand me @DCPatriot The BLM movement was all BS, if you don't want to get jacked up or shot by the cops don't give them shit, it's that easy.
   The movement was about to fizzle out and President Trump resurrected it as red meat for his base, his rivalry with the NFL plays into this also and I simply don't care about Goddell and his thugs in the NFLPA who succeeded in embarrassing the Office of the President in spite of what you and a couple of others may think.

With all that being said if the Commissioner and the Players, in their own Colosieums (whether tax funded or not, the NFL is a TRUST of owners), decide to take a knee during MY ANTHEM, I fought for their right to do just that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:51:28 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The movement was about to fizzle out....

In the irony of all ironies, it was on the ropes because Micah Xavier Johnson murdered police officers at a Dallas BLM rally.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Remember when those of us who were labeled "NeverTrumpers" warned that Trump would force fascism and loyalty to him?

You saw the first step toward that today. "NFL, no escaping to Locker Rooms!"

:facepalm2:  Are you bleeping serious?

Offline corbe

This Guy had the luxury of hindsight, the CF that became the NFL was a teachable moment for him, rare indeed.

"Not having that kneeling shit in my League"

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

I saw some article saying, they already expected low turnout to the WH.

NBA already had a rule that demands respect during the National Anthem.

The photo above may not be kneeling, so everyone can make their own judgements per a "black power" salute.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump may as well end the policy of hoasting  Superbowl winners. By now every team has a player who did not stand or was traded from a team that allowed it.  And now HE made it a political issue....will he or won't he.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I saw some article saying, they already expected low turnout to the WH.

NBA already had a rule that demands respect during the National Anthem.

The photo above may not be kneeling, so everyone can make their own judgements per a "black power" salute.

I don't like the sitting out, then kneeling, the linked arms or the Black Power fists.  I don't like the camping out in the locker room, and I especially don't like the idea of canceling the Anthem altogether.

Stand with hand over heart, or it's no good.  It's not a question of showing respect for the President, it's respect for the whole country.  The BLM crowd has made no secret that they can't stand the Flag, or the Republic for Which it Stands.  It's raciss.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

You misunderstand me @DCPatriot The BLM movement was all BS, if you don't want to get jacked up or shot by the cops don't give them shit, it's that easy.
   The movement was about to fizzle out and President Trump resurrected it as red meat for his base, his rivalry with the NFL plays into this also and I simply don't care about Goddell and his thugs in the NFLPA who succeeded in embarrassing the Office of the President in spite of what you and a couple of others may think.

With all that being said if the Commissioner and the Players, in their own Colosieums (whether tax funded or not, the NFL is a TRUST of owners), decide to take a knee during MY ANTHEM, I fought for their right to do just that.

You can’t win an issue if you don’t engage on that issue, corbe. I don’t think Trump is about to let sleeping dogs lie. His life has never been about suffering the status quo, he prefers to make things happen. That’s a common trait around CEOs.

Offline skeeter

Trump may as well end the policy of hoasting  Superbowl winners. By now every team has a player who did not stand or was traded from a team that allowed it.  And now HE made it a political issue....will he or won't he.

I thought he cancelled the visit because besides the coach and mascot no one was gonna show up.

That would mean it was the Eagles who made it political.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I thought he cancelled the visit because besides the coach and mascot no one was gonna show up.

According to Foxnews out of the 70 people who were eligible to attend from the team, 60 had RSVPd.  On the day of the event 51 of the 60 notified the White House they would not attend.

So out of 70 people only 9 were going to be there.

Screw the NFL.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Correct.  The Players and their Union tried to turn this into an embarrassment to Trump, and he turned the tables on them by making it about the fans.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:22:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.