Author Topic: Saudi government gave Obama aides ‘suitcases full of jewels’, says ex-official  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Saudi government gave Obama aides ‘suitcases full of jewels’, says ex-official
MEE staff
President Barack Obama, his family and entourage were given many expensive gifts in 2009 (AFP)
Tuesday 5 June 2018

Saudi Arabia gave White House aides jewellery worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in large suitcases, according to Ben Rhodes, former speechwriter and deputy national security adviser in the Obama administration.

In his memoir The World As It Is, published on Tuesday, Rhodes recounts a trip to Saudi Arabia in June 2009 soon after Barack Obama became president.

He says on arrival he and other US officials were taken to housing units in a compound owned by the monarchy in the desert.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/saudi-government-gave-obama-aides-suitcases-full-jewels-says-ex-official-816843061

I might bow too, I've heard something like this previously. I'm not sure if it was "jewels" in that case.  I've heard the name many times, I don't know what he'd look like necessarily.