Author Topic: Miss America is scrapping its swimsuit competition, will no longer judge based on physical appearanc  (Read 6876 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
When I was in college, we showed those 16mm flicks during our Frat Pledge Drive.  When we got bored after the Pledge candidates went back to their Dorms (and there was still beer left) we turned the projector around and played them on the neighbor's house, Drive-In style.

We did the same on Stag Nights. The TKE house had a big two story garage/Meeting/Party hall in back of the house two blocks from campus.  We Projected the flicks on the wall.  Since we were kicked off Campus several years earlier do to some minor misunderstanding concerning the Dean of Students under age daughter and one or two of our members...we always flagged down the city police and invited them to stop by after shift.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

That’s the end of that, then.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
. .  some minor misunderstanding concerning the Dean of Students under age daughter

Night putting? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

Night putting?

As I told the campus police during my interrogation.... I wasn't there at the time and I had three alibi witness's to corroborate my story I was studying in the library. :cool:

But yeah... If they didn't hole outfrom the green they sure were trying to play from the ruff.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We did the same on Stag Nights. The TKE house had a big two story garage/Meeting/Party hall in back of the house two blocks from campus.  We Projected the flicks on the wall.  Since we were kicked off Campus several years earlier do to some minor misunderstanding concerning the Dean of Students under age daughter and one or two of our members...we always flagged down the city police and invited them to stop by after shift.

I was probably in that Teke house.  Ever been to Kalamazoo, MI?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

I was probably in that Teke house.  Ever been to Kalamazoo, MI?

I've been to Kalamazoo but never had the pleasure of meeting any of those Brothers.

But Teke's had a notorious rep back in the 70's on Midwest campuses. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:03:51 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been to Kalamazoo but never had the pleasure of meeting any of those Brothers.

But Teke's had a notorious rep back in the 70's on Midwest campuses.

The Sigma Chi house was two doors down from us.  The Brothers didn't have the money for the expensive digs on Fraternity Row, so we camped out down town.  Fraternity Row was somewhat misnamed...there was only one Frat there (the SAE snobs), all the rest were the Sororities.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

The Sigma Chi house was two doors down from us.  The Brothers didn't have the money for the expensive digs on Fraternity Row, so we camped out down town.  Fraternity Row was somewhat misnamed...there was only one Frat there (the SAE snobs), all the rest were the Sororities.

Lol.  You are dredging up long forgotten/repressed memories of those day.  Thank God the Statute of limitations has expired on most of those....

Offline dfwgator

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've got a gal there.

Is she good at reciting the first seven letters of the alphabet?
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I see a big market for this new and improved pageant  for the guys who used to read Playboy for the articles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

....Backwards?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So I guess the next step will be to have the Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia contestants switch to board shorts and t shirts when they're on stage competing?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:40:20 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'll believe this when the Miss America "competition" is broadcast over the radio.

Or .. the winner is selected based on a written response with references and experience and one follow-up interview .... just like any other scholorship.

It's going to turn into massive virtue signalling.  Whichever "contestant" most ably and creatively parrots leftist tropes will win.

And I'm not even joking.

Offline the_doc

It's going to turn into massive virtue signalling.  Whichever "contestant" most ably and creatively parrots leftist tropes will win.

And I'm not even joking.

Perzackly.  See my Post #30.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This former pageant now competition is a televised  event right? Who the hell is going to keep sponsoring it when the ratings tank?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This former pageant now competition is a televised  event right? Who the hell is going to keep sponsoring it when the ratings tank?

OK, @GtHawk, since we're talking about appearances, is that your hawk in your avatar?  Beautiful creature.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OK, @GtHawk, since we're talking about appearances, is that your hawk in your avatar?  Beautiful creature.
@Sanguine
It's a juvenile but not mine. About eight years ago I had my dog at the local dog park, adjacent to the Joint Forces Training Base - Los Alamitos, we heard what sounded like an impact in the trees and this hawk fell the ground stunned. I scooped it up before the dogs could get it and took it outside the fence. I had set him on branch in a tree while we were trying to get the Fish and Game people that were actually located across the parking lot to come and get it because it was so out of it.

The hawk totally surprised me by jumping onto my shoulder and then my wrist and stayed there for about ten minutes until Fish and Game people arrived. The funniest thing was that as soon the hawk saw the Fish and Game guys walking over with a cage it took off straight up into a forty foot sycamore.

It was one of those experiences you just don't forget. There are lots of hawks, herons and other wildlife around the dog park because of all the open and somewhat wild land that is part of the base.

Sorry that was a long winded answer to your question.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
It's a juvenile but not mine. About eight years ago I had my dog at the local dog park, adjacent to the Joint Forces Training Base - Los Alamitos, we heard what sounded like an impact in the trees and this hawk fell the ground stunned. I scooped it up before the dogs could get it and took it outside the fence. I had set him on branch in a tree while we were trying to get the Fish and Game people that were actually located across the parking lot to come and get it because it was so out of it.

The hawk totally surprised me by jumping onto my shoulder and then my wrist and stayed there for about ten minutes until Fish and Game people arrived. The funniest thing was that as soon the hawk saw the Fish and Game guys walking over with a cage it took off straight up into a forty foot sycamore.

It was one of those experiences you just don't forget. There are lots of hawks, herons and other wildlife around the dog park because of all the open and somewhat wild land that is part of the base.

Great story.  I love hawks.  Beautiful animals.  My twitter avatar is a hawk.

Offline thackney

@Sanguine

Cool story, thanks for sharing
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

Who watches this crap anyway?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

That's what I wonder.  It's amazing it still has an audience at all.  Oh, well, it won't last now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

That's what I wonder.  It's amazing it still has an audience at all.  Oh, well, it won't last now.

This is what happens when you put a chick in charge of the country's premier Beauty Pageant.  No offense, Cat, I know you would have done better.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is what happens when you put a chick in charge of the country's premier Beauty Pageant.  No offense, Cat, I know you would have done better.

Her career/celebrity/livelihood all derive from that photo.

Imagine all the guilt she must feel?   /s

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Her career/celebrity/livelihood all derive from that photo.

Imagine all the guilt she must feel?   /s
:silly:
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

@Cyber Liberty

I would give each pageant a theme...black leather (think catsuits), or Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots.  No more Carol Burnett Show music, either.  The place would be rocking out.  And if the chicks wanted to describe their plans for world peace at the mic, they better make sense.  Any stupid answers, and they're out.