General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Asian voters turning Orange County blue? Don't bet on it

(1/1)

endicom:
American Thinker
Monica Showalter
June 4, 2018

The press is puffing up the familiar refrain of California turning blue (hey, we know) with Orange County in particular going that way because of its high Asian immigrant count.

According to the New York Times:

Chinese and Korean immigrants, and Asian-Americans from other states, have made Irvine nearly half Asian.

...and...

“Asians,” said Sukhee Kang, who became the first Korean-American to run a major American city when he was elected mayor of Irvine in 2008, “are good for business.”

Whether Asians are also good for votes is one of the biggest political questions driving this year’s midterm races in Orange County, where Democrats are counting on immigrants to help the party pull off, if not quite a blue wave, then at least an unmistakable purpling.

Orange County is now one-fifth Asian and more than one-third Latino, with a Little Saigon in Garden Grove and Westminster; a Koreatown in nearby Buena Park that is beginning to rival Los Angeles’s; and a thriving Latino community centered in Santa Ana. Forty-five percent of the county’s households speak a language other than English.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/media_puffing_up_asian_voters_turning_orange_county_blue_is_hype.html

GtHawk:
I don't know if Asians are good for business, but I do know there a hell of a lot of them(for the most part recent emigres) that are, to put it bluntly, rude!

TomSea:
I thought a good amount of Vietnamese are Republican.

Frank Cannon:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on June 05, 2018, 03:36:54 am ---I don't know if Asians are good for business, but I do know there a hell of a lot of them(for the most part recent emigres) that are, to put it bluntly, rude!

--- End quote ---

And they can't drive....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version