Author Topic: Trump: The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL!  (Read 855 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Anyone guess the biggest irony of this statement?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone guess the biggest irony of this statement?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Despite that, we play the game because I, unlike the Democrats, have done nothing wrong!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2018

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's right as rain?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
man he drives people nuts with these tweets.

He probably pops some popcorn and then hits enter.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

He's right as rain?

Who do you think appointed Muller as SP?

Offline aligncare

Special “Counsel.” They did away with prosecutor.

Offline ABX

Special “Counsel.” They did away with prosecutor.

You are right, 'Counsel'. Appointed by the President's own justice department at his guidance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia-investigation.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Things are conveniently unconstitutional for him.  There’s a good argument the AUMF is too, but Trump has used it to justify Syrian operations.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who do you think appointed Muller as SP?

I don't have to think because I know that it was Assistant Attorney General Rob Rosenstein.  What does that have to do with what the LAW says about appointing one?

Do you believe they can just go and appoint special councels just for the hell of it?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:45:15 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

If Trump really had definitive evidence that the appointment of the Special Counsel was "totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL", I believe he and his legal team would be in court so fast it would look like the road runner escaping from the coyote.  The fact that they haven't filed suit tells me this is simply more Kabuki Theater.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump should probably stop tweeting about this....

There's an argument that the Special Counsel is unconstitutional.  It's not great, but it's not ridiculous.  And actually, I think it's a pretty strong argument if the Special Counsel claims subpoena power over the President.  Pretty tough at that point to claim that he's an "inferior" officer for whom Presidential nomination and Senate confirmation isn't required.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If Trump really had definitive evidence that the appointment of the Special Counsel was "totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL", I believe he and his legal team would be in court so fast it would look like the road runner escaping from the coyote.  The fact that they haven't filed suit tells me this is simply more Kabuki Theater.

Also strange how he wanted an unconstitutional second special counsel to investigate the alleged spying on his campaign.

Trump in recent weeks has called for a second special counsel -- to investigate whether the Justice Department surveilled his campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/27/trump-assails-many-crimes-crooked-hillary-again-suggests-second-special-counsel.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.