Author Topic: Melania Trump won't travel to G7, Singapore summits  (Read 966 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Melania Trump won't travel to G7, Singapore summits
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:09:22 pm »
Melania Trump won't travel to G7, Singapore summits
By Brett Samuels - 06/03/18 06:10 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump will not travel with President Trump to the G7 Summit later this week or the meeting with Kim Jong Un in Singapore on June 12.

Stephanie Grisham, the first lady’s communications director, confirmed to The Hill that Melania Trump would not join the president for either event. She attended last year’s G7 Summit in Italy.

ABC News first reported that Trump wouldn't be attending.

The first lady has been absent from the public eye since May 19, when she returned to the White House five days after undergoing a procedure for a benign kidney condition.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390485-melania-trump-wont-travel-to-g7-singapore-summits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Melania Trump won't travel to G7, Singapore summits
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:10:26 pm »
I am beginning to think maybe her surgery was a little more involved than what they released to the public.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:20:41 pm »
Idiots on twitter are speculating that her husband beat her up and that's why she hasn't been seen publicly.  *****rollingeyes*****
Leave. Melania. Alone. Please.
COMMENTARY
By A.B. Stoddard
June 01, 2018

Missing-Melania-gate needs to end now. No, the first lady doesn’t need to resurface in a smashing outfit at a public event with President Trump; the media and the Twitter mob just need to let her be.  ...

There is enough noise and news to satiate bored Americans right now. Real progress in a potentially consequential, historic coming together with the North Koreans, and badly behaved broads like Samantha Bee and Roseanne Barr.

Melania’s husband, our president, vigorously stokes division to cement his hold on power. In the face of that we can, and should, agree, that she unites us. Let’s keep it that way.
Full article at Real Clear Politics
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 01:23:56 pm »
I just found this

Melania Trump to return to public eye Monday

Melania Trump to return to public eye Monday

By BRENT D. GRIFFITHS

06/03/2018 10:30 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump will return to the public eye Monday, co-hosting an event with President Donald Trump for Gold Star families.

The first lady's appearance at the 5:30 p.m. reception will be her first in an official event since she joined President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence in greeting three Americans formerly imprisoned in North Korea in the early morning hours of May 10. Four days later, it was announced that she was hospitalized at Walter Reed Medical Center to treat a "benign kidney condition." She was released from the hospital five days later.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/03/melania-trump-gold-star-619235
Support the USO

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »
I don't suppose this summit will involve any socializing, so why should Mrs. Trump go?  She's not going to be a participant.  Is she just going to sit around the hotel suite? 

The gossip going aroud about her is ridiculous.  Funny, but I don't recall seeing all this viciousness about Mrs. Obama. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 01:32:42 pm »
She also has a 12-year-old son for whom to care. Unlike the Obamas, she doesn't have her mother on the payroll, living in the White House, as a full-time nanny.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:34:00 pm »
She seems to be a first lady who just wants to be left alone. I wish more people in extended political circles were like that.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 01:41:40 pm »
One of the Twitter idiots I referenced above:
David Frum  Verified account @davidfrum

Suppose President Trump punched the First Lady in the White House (federal property = federal jurisdiction), then ordered the Secret Service to conceal the assault. POTUS has Article II authority over Secret Service. Is that obstruction? Under Sekulow/Dowd, apparently NO
2:46 PM - 2 Jun 2018

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 01:57:00 pm »
I don't suppose this summit will involve any socializing, so why should Mrs. Trump go?  She's not going to be a participant.  Is she just going to sit around the hotel suite? 

The gossip going aroud about her is ridiculous.  Funny, but I don't recall seeing all this viciousness about Mrs. Obama.

I do remember much discussion about Michele 0bama traveling - how many of her entourage she took with her, the fact that she seldom flew with her husband and required a second plane, how much it must have cost, etc. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 02:02:00 pm »
I do remember much discussion about Michele 0bama traveling - how many of her entourage she took with her, the fact that she seldom flew with her husband and required a second plane, how much it must have cost, etc.

Yes, conservatives talked about those lavish vacations disguised as "official White House business."  I was referring to the Obama loving media.  Never heard a peep from them

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 02:05:32 pm »
Idiots on twitter are speculating that her husband beat her up and that's why she hasn't been seen publicly.

No, Frum is engaging in hypothetical hyperbole by using that example as to whether the president can be guilty of obstruction.  Giuliani did something similar yesterday by stating Trump could have shot Comey.  Both men are being ridiculous.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 02:34:48 pm »

No, Frum is engaging in hypothetical hyperbole by using that example as to whether the president can be guilty of obstruction.  Giuliani did something similar yesterday by stating Trump could have shot Comey.  Both men are being ridiculous.
There were tweeters other than Frum who weren't just speculating on legalities. They were plainly stating as fact (!!)  that she's hiding because she has bruises administered by her husband.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 02:37:31 pm »
There were tweeters other than Frum who weren't just speculating on legalities. They were plainly stating as fact (!!)  that she's hiding because she has bruises administered by her husband.

I don’t doubt that because Twitter is full of clowns.  The one by Frum isn’t an example, though.  It’s just a really ham-handed, dumb hypothetical.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:38:03 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.