Author Topic: Republicans beware: The 'blue wave' is already changing red states  (Read 806 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans beware: The 'blue wave' is already changing red states
By Kristin Tate, opinion contributor — 06/04/18 07:30 AM EDT

Democrats may pick up a significant number of congressional seats in November. Some former solid-red districts may tick a few shades bluer, especially with a wave of GOP retirements.

Sound apocalyptic? No. It’s simply that demographics are destiny. Waves of left-leaning voters are moving from blue areas like New York, Boston, Chicago and parts of California to red areas like New Hampshire, Texas, North Carolina. The ultimate end result? The voting patterns and policies that ruined Democratic-dominated regions will shift to traditionally Republican areas.

Domestic migration patterns have sparked significant changes in electoral politics. Bostonians and endearingly-monikered “Massholes” have already changed New Hampshire from blood-red in the Reagan era to part-pink. The “Live Free or Die” state boasts a low cost of living and no income tax, which continues to attract residents from across New England. From July 2016 to July 2017, the rate of population growth in the state increased 60 percent from the previous year. During that year, "the number of people moving in from other states was 4,700 higher" in New Hampshire than the number of people who moved out, the AP reports.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/390502-republicans-beware-the-blue-wave-is-already-changing-red-states
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Republicans beware: The 'blue wave' is already changing red states
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:20:57 pm »
Could just be wishful thinking.  We'll see.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 03:21:21 pm »
I'll believe it when the numbers come in.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
The blue wave is a leak from a port a potty
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
Could just be wishful thinking.  We'll see.

No.  Not at all.  It's already happening.  The greater Nashville area is a case-in-point.

Like Locusts, the white Liberals and moderates from failed urban suburbs of Chicago have moved out by the millions upon millions and relocated to low tax states like the areas around Nashville, where they are already voting for the same stupid crap and Democrat morons that destroyed where they came from. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 05:41:31 pm »
No.  Not at all.  It's already happening.  The greater Nashville area is a case-in-point.

Like Locusts, the white Liberals and moderates from failed urban suburbs of Chicago have moved out by the millions upon millions and relocated to low tax states like the areas around Nashville, where they are already voting for the same stupid crap and Democrat morons that destroyed where they came from.

If the Republicans had half a brain between them, they would be going after these potentially disaffected dims and flipping them.  But, they're not and they won't.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 07:45:37 pm »

The good Old Nashville money folks are selling and moving to N. Florida.  Nashville has kinda sucked for about 10 years now.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
The good Old Nashville money folks are selling and moving to N. Florida.  Nashville has kinda sucked for about 10 years now.
Ever since Music Row started to churn out bro-country and hick-hop. But that's another discussion.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 08:18:17 pm »
Ever since Music Row started to churn out bro-country and hick-hop. But that's another discussion.

Agreed.  That whole GA/Fl Line, Jason Aldean, Sam Hunt, Chase Rice etc crap stinks up the Airwaves.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."