Author Topic: Samantha Bee denied press credentials for annual Western Conservative Summit  (Read 679 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Samantha Bee denied press credentials for annual Western Conservative Summit
Washington Times, Jun 3, 2018, Jennifer Harper

The annual Western Conservative Summit has denied a request for press credentials submitted by the TBS Network show “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” for the event next week, which is the largest conservative gathering held outside of Washington, D.C., according to the Denver Post.

Organizers cited remarks made by Ms. Bee about Ivanka Trump earlier this week as the primary driver for their decision, along with a previous experience with the prime-time cable show.

“In 2016, Samantha Bee’s production team came to the Western Conservative Summit. They did not provide fair coverage,” said Jeff Hunt, director of the Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University, which is staging the event.

“Instead, they bullied and harassed our attendees. Conservatives are tired of being mistreated by the liberal media. Shows like ‘Full Frontal with Samantha Bee‘ are not intent on reporting but bullying and shaming conservatives. Her request for media credentials to the Western Conservative Summit has been denied,” Mr. Hunt said in a statement

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/2/samantha-bee-denied-press-credentials-for-annual-w/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This should be the new status quo for all conservative/Republican gatherings.

Offline aligncare

“Instead, they bullied and harassed our attendees. Conservatives are tired of being mistreated by the liberal media.

The man steers us into an excellent point. We have a new and incestuous type of reporting going on now: Attack Journalism (fair, unbiased reporting is so passé). It’s the twin brother of the politics of self destruction.

Oceander

Too bad, so sad.  Where’s that tiny little violin?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She proved she's not a "journalist," rather an entertainer, so she should not be treated as one.  A good template for future use.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Bee rose to fame as a correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, where she became the longest-serving regular correspondent.  In 2015, she departed the show after 12 years to start her own show, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Bee

Just the tiniest bit of research would have shown she was just there in 2016 to goof on you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:46:11 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bee rose to fame as a correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, where she became the longest-serving regular correspondent.  In 2015, she departed the show after 12 years to start her own show, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Bee

Just the tiniest bit of research would have shown she was just there in 2016 to goof on you.

Conservatives have been conditioned to accept foxes in their henhouses, lest they be called "cowards."  It's a very popular tactic, I see it done here, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online andy58-in-nh

Samantha Bee-otch is a "journalist" in only the sense that someone gave her a microphone, a camera and a platform with which to promote herself.

She's an angry troll looking for a bridge on which to accost and abuse the unwary. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Samantha Bee-otch is a "journalist" in only the sense that someone gave her a microphone, a camera and a platform with which to promote herself.

She's an angry troll looking for a bridge on which to accost and abuse the unwary.
The worst part is, she's Canadian. In other words, she came down into this country for the sole purpose of belittling it on its own media outlets. How did we let this happen?!

Don't get me wrong. I love Canada. It's a great country, despite Trudeau. But if I were in Canada, I would not use the platform I am given to constantly insult the country. (Except maybe when there's a hockey game.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024