Author Topic: Trump to host his first-ever Ramadan dinner: report  (Read 5976 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump to host his first-ever Ramadan dinner: report
« on: June 03, 2018, 02:22:12 am »
President Trump is scheduled to host an iftar dinner at the White House in recognition of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, Politico reported Saturday.

According to the publication, the dinner will occur on Wednesday and is the first time the president will host the holiday meal after his controversial decision not to honor the presidential tradition the previous year.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/390428-trump-to-host-his-first-ever-ramadan-dinner
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump to host his first-ever Ramadan dinner: report
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 02:22:45 am »
I wonder if he’ll invite Brennan and Obama.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:41:13 am »
Religion is tricky business.  That is why our Constitution tells us not to establish a government religion.  Not a freedom from religion, but freedom of religion.  Being that it doesn't impose on others a loss of their freedom.  Everyone is free to believe as they wish.  Very wise.  This country is based on free will choice.  It is because of Christianity that we enjoy that freedom.  But Islam in its pure form is not compatible with our Constitution.  It requires conversion.  I don't believe that should be celebrated by our government.

According to Abdul Rashied Omar, the majority of modern Islamic jurists continue to regard apostasy as a crime deserving the death penalty.[13] Some regard apostasy in Islam as a form of religious crime, although others do not.[5][6][19] Others argue that the death penalty is an inappropriate punishment,[20][21][22][23] inconsistent with the Qur'anic injunctions such as Quran 88:21–22[24] or "no compulsion in religion";[25] and/or that it was a man-made rule enacted in the early Islamic community to prevent and punish the equivalent of desertion or treason,[26] and should be enforced only if apostasy becomes a mechanism of public disobedience and disorder (fitna).[27] According to Khaled Abou El Fadl, moderate Muslims do not believe that apostasy requires punishment.[24] Critics[28][29] argue that the death penalty or other punishment for apostasy in Islam is a violation of universal human rights, and an issue of freedom of faith and conscience.[20][30]

As of 2014, laws in various Muslim-majority countries prescribed for the apostate (Arabic: ????? murtadd) sentences ranging from execution to a prison term to no punishment.[31][32] Sharia courts in some countries use civil code to void the Muslim apostate's marriage and to deny child-custody rights as well as inheritance rights.[33] In the years 1985-2006, three governments executed four individuals for apostasy from Islam: "one in Sudan in 1985; two in Iran, in 1989 and 1998; and one in Saudi Arabia in 1992."[25] Twenty-three Muslim-majority countries, as of 2013, additionally covered apostasy from Islam through their criminal laws.[34] The Tunisian Constitution of 2014 stipulates protection from attacks based on accusations of apostasy[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:58:42 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 05:13:36 am »
I hope it goes well...
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:21 am »
Religion is tricky business.  That is why our Constitution tells us not to establish a government religion.  Not a freedom from religion, but freedom of religion.  Being that it doesn't impose on others a loss of their freedom.  Everyone is free to believe as they wish.  Very wise.  This country is based on free will choice.  It is because of Christianity that we enjoy that freedom.  But Islam in its pure form is not compatible with our Constitution.  It requires conversion.  I don't believe that should be celebrated by our government.

According to Abdul Rashied Omar, the majority of modern Islamic jurists continue to regard apostasy as a crime deserving the death penalty.[13] Some regard apostasy in Islam as a form of religious crime, although others do not.[5][6][19] Others argue that the death penalty is an inappropriate punishment,[20][21][22][23] inconsistent with the Qur'anic injunctions such as Quran 88:21–22[24] or "no compulsion in religion";[25] and/or that it was a man-made rule enacted in the early Islamic community to prevent and punish the equivalent of desertion or treason,[26] and should be enforced only if apostasy becomes a mechanism of public disobedience and disorder (fitna).[27] According to Khaled Abou El Fadl, moderate Muslims do not believe that apostasy requires punishment.[24] Critics[28][29] argue that the death penalty or other punishment for apostasy in Islam is a violation of universal human rights, and an issue of freedom of faith and conscience.[20][30]

As of 2014, laws in various Muslim-majority countries prescribed for the apostate (Arabic: ????? murtadd) sentences ranging from execution to a prison term to no punishment.[31][32] Sharia courts in some countries use civil code to void the Muslim apostate's marriage and to deny child-custody rights as well as inheritance rights.[33] In the years 1985-2006, three governments executed four individuals for apostasy from Islam: "one in Sudan in 1985; two in Iran, in 1989 and 1998; and one in Saudi Arabia in 1992."[25] Twenty-three Muslim-majority countries, as of 2013, additionally covered apostasy from Islam through their criminal laws.[34] The Tunisian Constitution of 2014 stipulates protection from attacks based on accusations of apostasy[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

In the Old Testament (e.g., Deuteronomy 13:6-9), and arguably the New Testament,  the punishment for apostasy is death.  Christianity, too,  places a mortal priority on conversion.   Islam and Christianity aren't that different in their tribalism and certitude that those outside the faith are doomed.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter in a nation whose Constitution demands the separation of church and state.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:40:31 am »
In the Old Testament (e.g., Deuteronomy 13:6-9), and arguably the New Testament,  the punishment for apostasy is death.  Christianity, too,  places a mortal priority on conversion.   Islam and Christianity aren't that different in their tribalism and certitude that those outside the faith are doomed.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter in a nation whose Constitution demands the separation of church and state.   

Spoken in true ignorance of both Torah and the Brit Hadasha.
It is only and precisely the Judeo-Christian Ethic that affords freedom of thought... A liberty soon squandered as a People moves away from the Law of Liberty (Torah).

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 06:49:57 am »

There is no punishment for apostasy in the New Testament.  You are a liar.  Lets see you argue it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 07:07:38 am »
There is no punishment for apostasy in the New Testament.  You are a liar.  Lets see you argue it.

Not interested.  I have no use for religious extremism or folks like yourself who feel it is your mission as a Christian to condemn other religions.

I live in America, under a Constitution that says I can ignore folks like you,  and love God without the intercession of tribalism.   

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 07:18:49 am »
Spoken in true ignorance of both Torah and the Brit Hadasha.
It is only and precisely the Judeo-Christian Ethic that affords freedom of thought... A liberty soon squandered as a People moves away from the Law of Liberty (Torah).
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 08:19:19 am »
This will have to be the first Ramadan dinner without any actual Muslims there ;)!  I wonder where they'll find real life people willing to attend.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 09:50:58 am »
Not interested.  I have no use for religious extremism or folks like yourself who feel it is your mission as a Christian to condemn other religions.

I live in America, under a Constitution that says I can ignore folks like you,  and love God without the intercession of tribalism.

@Jazzhead

So much hate in one post.  Sad
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 09:52:54 am »
Wonder if they'll serve some good pork chops

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 01:12:26 pm »
@Jazzhead

So much hate in one post.  Sad

Yeah, right.  And two minutes later you post snark about serving Muslim pork chops.  *****rollingeyes***** 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:53 pm »
Yeah, right.  And two minutes later you post snark about serving Muslim pork chops.  *****rollingeyes*****

Point well taken. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 01:31:44 pm »

@Jazzhead

Doesn't change your hate

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 01:34:35 pm »
Point well taken.

Muslims want to kill non Believers

They want to force sharia law upon the world

Excuse me while I dont sympathize with their efforts

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »

They want to force sharia law upon the world  Excuse me while I dont sympathize with their efforts

Okay.  But the timing of your post was certainly unfortunate.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 02:51:00 pm »
Okay.  But the timing of your post was certainly unfortunate.

@Right_in_Virginia

Oh bullpucky.  Put your big girl panties on and quit letting the leftists dictate the agenda.

@Jazzhead regularly condemns all Christian's.  He would have Christian's confined to the back rooms of he could.

Muslims are much the same.

Both are working to subvert America.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:30 pm »
Wonder if they'll serve some good pork chops

I thought it was funny.   888high58888

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 03:27:03 pm »

They want to force sharia law upon the world

Excuse me while I dont sympathize with their efforts

Unfortunately this is the truth.  All you have to do is look at Britain who have made the mistake to allow the Sharia Courts.  Britain, France..........anywhere that they have allowed Islam to practice the true religion freely are now slaves to it.

And ask any Muslim that has converted to Christianity who now lives under death threat.  Ask the daughter living in America that is afraid their father is going to kill them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:28:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 03:34:15 pm »

I am not an extremist.  It is because of our Constitution that Muslims are allowed to practice their religion in America.  Muslims, Voodoo..........whatever people do.  It is however hard for them because we do have common laws for the good of all people which do not allow female mutilation or honor killings.  They don't allow chopping off hands for stealing or throwing homosexuals off building.  They don't allow acid attacks on women that don't cover their entire bodies because men may be tempted.  And we certainly do not allow burying women up to their necks and stoning them to death.  We don't allow what happens frequently in places like Iraq and Afghanistan tribal fighting where one thinks by driving their bomb loaded car into another mosque they will go to heaven and get their 72 virgins.  We don't have the moral police like places in France with "no go" zones.

If you think that these people come to America and drop all of this religious stuff you are crazy.  They come wanting to change us.  Not to assimilate into a free culture. 

And as much as you would like to deny it Muslims planned 9/11 because they don't believe in freedom and they don't have a Savior.

So excuse me if I don't believe we should celebrate a religion by our President that is opposed to Freedom.

And I only have to wonder if once again our "Republican" president will invite the terrorist organization CAIR to the White House for dinner?  Who will he invite?  Imams from Mosques that funnel money to Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS or Al Qaeda?

No, I don't support Ramadan dinner with the president.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:44:28 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 03:46:30 pm »
I am not an extremist.  It is because of our Constitution that Muslims are allowed to practice their religion in America.  Muslims, Voodoo..........whatever people do.  It is however hard for them because we do have common laws for the good of all people which do not allow female mutilation or honor killings.  They don't allow chopping off hands for stealing or throwing homosexuals off building.  They don't allow acid attacks on women that don't cover their entire bodies because men may be tempted. 

And as much as you would like to deny it Muslims planned 9/11 because they don't believe in freedom and they don't have a Savior.

So excuse me if I don't believe we should celebrate a religion by our President that is opposed to Freedom.

And I only have to wonder if once again our "Republican" president will invite the terrorist organization CAIR to the White House for dinner?  Who will he invite?  Imams from Mosques that funnel money to Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS or Al Qaeda?

Heck a non Muslim isn't even allowed into Mecca.  Trying going to Saudi with an Israeli passport.  Or even try carrying a bible into the country.

Or go to Afghanistan and see an 8year old girl whose husband prostitutes her out every day and then rapes her at night all in the name of Allah.  Yes let's celebrate that in the white house

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 03:56:57 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Oh bullpucky.  Put your big girl panties on and quit letting the leftists dictate the agenda.

Wow ... strong, righteous words there @driftdiver   But the only thing "strong" about them is the :bs:

Stop trying to turn this into a jihad.  You posted a virtue signaling post about "hate" .... and then followed it with another post filled with it.  I repeat:  your timing was unfortunate.

BTW, the big boy, chest beating wardrobe nonsense rings hollow coming from you.  You might want to let this go.

Enjoy your day.   :beer:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 05:40:27 pm »
Wow ... strong, righteous words there @driftdiver   But the only thing "strong" about them is the :bs:

Stop trying to turn this into a jihad.  You posted a virtue signaling post about "hate" .... and then followed it with another post filled with it.  I repeat:  your timing was unfortunate.

BTW, the big boy, chest beating wardrobe nonsense rings hollow coming from you.  You might want to let this go.

Enjoy your day.   :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

Believe me honey, they made it about jihad more than 1400 years ago

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 08:05:31 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Believe me honey, they made it about jihad more than 1400 years ago

I thought that with Trump being the prophesied President who it was a miracle that he was elected we may have seen the last of this stuff.  With all the Evangelical advisors and all.  I know that loving all people is what a Christian does.  But I can't imagine Jesus or the Apostles celebrating foreign god holidays. 

Well that was my religious rant for the day.  Before I get bombarded for this I will remind all of the posters who regularly call Trump god.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 08:13:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »