Author Topic: Trump to host his first-ever Ramadan dinner: report  (Read 5961 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Trump to host his first-ever Ramadan dinner: report
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 09:48:19 pm »
Yep let's see a synagogue in mecca beside the cube.  Then we can talk peace.

Apparently the new Saudi leader is allowing churches to open in the Kingdom.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 09:51:57 pm »
Apparently the new Saudi leader is allowing churches to open in the Kingdom.

That's a step forward.

The Muslim version of vogue created a huge kerfuffle when it put a princess in the driver's seat of a car on their magazine cover.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2018, 10:07:25 pm »
Will Pork Chops be on the menu?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2018, 10:07:53 pm »

Offline driftdiver

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2018, 10:09:58 pm »
See!

Yeah, it was funny the first time.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2018, 10:11:15 pm »

Good jokes are tjmeless

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2018, 10:13:09 pm »
Good jokes are tjmeless

That really tells you something about this one then, doesn't it? Someone could at least get a little creative and suggest a thin coating of bacon grease on the rims of all the cups.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2018, 10:14:35 pm »
Good jokes are tjmeless

They're bjorn that way.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2018, 10:21:44 pm »

Don't panic. I'm going to start copy writing my posts here to put a stop to it.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2018, 10:22:42 pm »
That's a step forward.

The Muslim version of vogue created a huge kerfuffle when it put a princess in the driver's seat of a car on their magazine cover.

@driftdiver  Yes, it's gotten attention partly because the princess is applauded by Vogue, without mentioning all the women who've been imprisoned for the same crime or calling for their release.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2018, 10:29:21 pm »

They're bjorn that way.

Only in Sweden

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2018, 10:29:48 pm »
Don't panic. I'm going to start copy writing my posts here to put a stop to it.

So between you and I copy writing we've got a wrap on anyone here saying much of anything then.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2018, 11:22:48 pm »
Please explain the freedom of thought afforded when prophets of another god are summarily executed. (1 Kings 18:40).

@Suppressed
Perhaps you should better research what a priest of Ba'al does. Your ignorance of that religion confounds you. To say each one of them is guilty of vicious murder would be an understatement. But I will tell you no tales. Research it for yourself that you may know, and not trust me for your conclusion.

But I will return the volley:
Liberty has responsibilities, freedom has consequences.
Once liberty has been discarded for the libertine (as it is right here right now), how is that predictably going to go, and how is it predictably going to be returned to a state of liberty?

What sort of benevolent god acts like a tyrannical dictator and orders the execution of people for collecting firewood on the wrong day?  (Numbers 15:32-36)

That one is a stumper for me. I have run into the question before, and simply have not studied the matter enough to give you a good answer. But I can say what it isn't.

I don't think it is merely 'gathering firewood'. The whole 'no work' thing has been greatly distorted by modernity. As an instance, an agrarian community HAS to work some on sabbath. The animals have to be fed and watered, and the cow has to be milked, twice.

As another instance, not kindling a fire - If I don't have a fire in the dead of winter when it's 30 below, I am going to die. Either the stricture is interpreted too tightly, or that isn't what it is meant to convey at all.

The commandments are not given to make animals suffer, nor are they there to make me die.

For the passage in question, it could just as easy mean 'assembling or building' with wood, or making a 'stock' or idol. Another thing pointing to that is the fact that they jailed him and had to wait for a decision. They didn't know what to do with the offense, when the offense for 'working on the Sabbath' was clearly already given, and the method of dispatch (stoning) was also already given... That speaks to me of something more going on.

Sorry I can't answer more fully. I will go study the matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2018, 11:51:17 pm »
@Chosen Daughter, what is the Interfaith Temple?

This one?

Trump being a successful real estate developer, can perhaps build the Third Temple, which he could nick name as Solomon-Jesus-Muhammad and Trump Plaza, in the north-eastern part of the empty land, which would be multiple synagogues, churches and mosques combined. May be we can throw in the name of Benjamin Netanyahu in there also if he plays nice.

https://themuslimtimes.info/2017/12/06/how-can-we-build-the-third-temple-together-2/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:56:32 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »
That's a step forward.

Yes, they are allowed to drive now!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2018, 12:00:20 am »
There is no denying, with Egypt and Saud Arabia, Jordan and others, some of our allies in the war against Islamic Terrorism are Muslims Nations themselves.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2018, 02:06:06 am »
Perhaps you should better research what a priest of Ba'al does. Your ignorance of that religion confounds you. To say each one of them is guilty of vicious murder would be an understatement. But I will tell you no tales. Research it for yourself that you may know, and not trust me for your conclusion.

I didn't want you to yield the discussion.  I was hoping you'd to defend your position by providing evidence that showed it wasn't just an mere assertion.

By not explaining, your position isn't elucidated.  Who knows which of the various activities associated with Ba'al worship at various places and times you're referring to...temple prostitution, fertility worship, human sacrifice, etc.   It varied a lot temporally and spatially.

But back to the my "point of ignorance", we don't even know which Ba'al was being worshipped in 1 Kings: Ba'al of Tyre or Hadad.  In fact, the "way they worshiped" in 1 Kings 18 was to "cut themselves ... with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them" (KJV 1 Kings 18:28).  It wasn't human sacrifice.  This is very similar to the Shi'a celebration of the day the sea was parted for Moses and the Israelites (Ashura).  It's also similar to the self-flagellation of periods of Catholicism of intervening years. 

Regardless of how widespread it is, the question is merely transformed from Is worshipping the wrong diety a capital crime? to Is self-bloodletting a capital crime?

But I will return the volley:
Liberty has responsibilities, freedom has consequences.
Once liberty has been discarded for the libertine (as it is right here right now), how is that predictably going to go, and how is it predictably going to be returned to a state of liberty?

You're jumping right to an assumption that liberty and the libertine cannot coexist.  That's not self-evident.

Are you saying that a libertine lifestyle should be punished by execution?

I don't think it is merely 'gathering firewood'. The whole 'no work' thing has been greatly distorted by modernity. As an instance, an agrarian community HAS to work some on sabbath. The animals have to be fed and watered, and the cow has to be milked, twice.

As another instance, not kindling a fire - If I don't have a fire in the dead of winter when it's 30 below, I am going to die. Either the stricture is interpreted too tightly, or that isn't what it is meant to convey at all.

The commandments are not given to make animals suffer, nor are they there to make me die.

Agreed.

For the passage in question, it could just as easy mean 'assembling or building' with wood, or making a 'stock' or idol. Another thing pointing to that is the fact that they jailed him and had to wait for a decision. They didn't know what to do with the offense, when the offense for 'working on the Sabbath' was clearly already given, and the method of dispatch (stoning) was also already given... That speaks to me of something more going on.

You make a good point about them needing to wait for a decision.  But to me, that could simply be that the previous command was an order of death for those who disrespected the Sabbath, and they were looking for an interpretation as to how far to take that.

Frankly, though, it doesn't matter about the firewood specifics.  It all goes to @Jazzhead's point.  The commandment to execute those who don't agree with your Sabbath beliefs is similar to Islam apostasy-death commandments.

Sorry I can't answer more fully. I will go study the matter.

I appreciate your scholarship.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:19 am »
Yeah, right.  And two minutes later you post snark about serving Muslim pork chops.  *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, be careful who you insult and how.  You might get totally zinged.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2018, 02:25:32 am »
This one?

Trump being a successful real estate developer, can perhaps build the Third Temple, which he could nick name as Solomon-Jesus-Muhammad and Trump Plaza, in the north-eastern part of the empty land, which would be multiple synagogues, churches and mosques combined. May be we can throw in the name of Benjamin Netanyahu in there also if he plays nice.

https://themuslimtimes.info/2017/12/06/how-can-we-build-the-third-temple-together-2/

You're really outdoing yourself today @Chosen Daughter
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2018, 02:27:44 am »
Wonder if they'll serve some good pork chops

@driftdiver
I bet you loved Serrano's most famous photo, eh?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2018, 02:28:55 am »
Wonder if they'll serve some good pork chops

While I no longer eat meat, one of my past favorites was a roast loin of pork marinated in fresh thyme and stone ground mustard. I highly recommend in recognition of this hole-ly (they like blowing holes on things) celebration.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:32:17 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2018, 02:36:15 am »
That really tells you something about this one then, doesn't it? Someone could at least get a little creative and suggest a thin coating of bacon grease on the rims of all the cups.

Ok, lets just stop this nonsense.

No more rimjobs... how about just your average hot dog.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 02:40:54 am »
Ok, lets just stop this nonsense.

No more rimjobs... how about just your average hot dog.

Lol! You know how margarita glasses are rimmed with salt? My neighbor and his wife came up with a similar product for stouts and other dark beers. Their trademarked name is, tongue in cheek, Rim Jobs. My mother in law, God bless her, is unfamiliar with many terms like that. Our neighbor gifted us with a set of Rim Jobs at Christmas, and all day long my mother in law kept asking my guests is they wanted a rim job with their beer  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.