Author Topic: America's poor becoming more destitute under Trump: U.N. expert  (Read 1454 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politics
June 2, 2018 / 6:03 AM / Updated an hour ago
America's poor becoming more destitute under Trump: U.N. expert
Stephanie Nebehay

GENEVA (Reuters) - Poverty in the United States is extensive and deepening under the Trump administration whose policies seem aimed at removing the safety net from millions of poor people, while rewarding the rich, a U.N. human rights investigator has found.

Philip Alston, U.N. special rapporteur on extreme poverty, called on U.S. authorities to provide solid social protection and address underlying problems, rather than “punishing and imprisoning the poor”.

While welfare benefits and access to health insurance are being slashed, President Donald Trump’s tax reform has awarded “financial windfalls” to the mega-rich and large companies, further increasing inequality, he said in a report.

U.S. policies since President Lyndon Johnson’s war on poverty in the 1960s have been “neglectful at best,” he said.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-rights-un/americas-poor-becoming-more-destitute-under-trump-u-n-expert-idUSKCN1IY0C3
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: America's poor becoming more destitute under Trump: U.N. expert
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:39:45 pm »
Piss off. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 06:43:49 pm »
The UN is just jealous because Trump made the "World Tower" taller than the UN Building....

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:10 pm »
The UN is just jealous because Trump made the "World Tower" taller than the UN Building....

Possibly.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 06:45:12 pm »
Possibly.

It does kind of look like it's flipping the bird at the UN.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 06:45:38 pm »
It does kind of look like it's flipping the bird at the UN.

:silly:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 07:29:59 pm »
F***K the United Nothing.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 07:30:49 pm »

To bad the 9/11 Terrorist didn't hit the United Nations building.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 07:56:13 pm »
Guess that means we need to cut the money we give the UN.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 08:03:12 pm »
Guess that means we need to cut the money we give the UN.

Good idea. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »
The U.N. should be relocated as far as I am concerned.  It is a heap of steaming horse crap.  And rather than being helpful it has been embroiled in one scandal after another.  Anywhere from raping children in Africa to the Oil For friends program. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 09:34:49 pm »
Nowhere  in the article does it state how this is being measured. He just uses a lot of left wing talking points
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 09:39:43 pm »
Nowhere  in the article does it state how this is being measured. He just uses a lot of left wing talking points

The UN said right before the Presidential election that most of the rural south was destitute and living like a third world country because they had wells for water instead of city hook ups and septic tanks instead of city sewers. Globalists don't like seeing independence from govt'.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 10:07:38 pm »
The U.N. should be relocated as far as I am concerned.  It is a heap of steaming horse crap.  And rather than being helpful it has been embroiled in one scandal after another.  Anywhere from raping children in Africa to the Oil For friends program.

Right @Chosen Daughter   It could not be more useless.  In fact, it is worse than useless, it is a destructive influence.  We should stop supporting it and rent the quarters out to the homeless.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 10:12:06 pm »
The UN said right before the Presidential election that most of the rural south was destitute and living like a third world country because they had wells for water instead of city hook ups and septic tanks instead of city sewers. Globalists don't like seeing independence from govt'.

Hah, we moved to a rural area to get away from the shitty city.  Now we're surrounded by good, clean horse and cow manure.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 11:48:43 pm »
Hah, we moved to a rural area to get away from the shitty city.  Now we're surrounded by good, clean horse and cow manure.

yeah, that's right! And I love my artesian spring.  Wouldn't have city water if they paid me (which, that ain't how that works).

Offline rustynail

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 12:02:23 am »
destitute?  Is that french for fat?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:55 am »
destitute?  Is that french for fat?

No, that's "prostitute."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 01:21:32 am »
Judging by the claim that somehow we have brought back debtor's prison, I'm thinking that Black Lives Matter is the one doing the measuring.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 02:01:26 am »
Right @Chosen Daughter   It could not be more useless.  In fact, it is worse than useless, it is a destructive influence.  We should stop supporting it and rent the quarters out to the homeless.

Who do they think they are?  They take advantage of the poor.  They have absolutely no moral standing.

The UN Peacekeeping Forces’ Rampant Child Rape Problem Continues

4:46 PM 04/12/2017

Haiti is one of the poorest and most destitute countries in the western hemisphere. The country fell into chaos after former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide went into exile after an armed conflict ravaged the country. The U.N. began the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) shortly thereafter on June 1, 2004. Haiti again suffered disaster on Jan. 12, 2010 when an earthquake killed 220,000 people.

The desperation suffered by Haitians created an environment where sexual predators could easily bribe children into sexual acts with the equivalent of 75 cents or a cookie. In one case, Sri Lankan peacekeepers set up a sex ring involving nine children.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/12/the-un-peacekeeping-forces-rampant-child-rape-problem-continues/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.