Author Topic: Arizona forensic psychiatrist who assisted in JonBenet Ramsey case gunned down outside his office  (Read 831 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Arizona forensic psychiatrist who assisted in JonBenet Ramsey case gunned down outside his office

Police have released a sketch of the suspect believed to have killed forensic psychiatrist Steven Pitt outside his office in Scottsdale Thursday.  (Fox 10 Phoenix)

Arizona police are on the hunt Saturday for a suspect believed to have gunned down an Arizona forensic psychiatrist who helped prosecutors with investigations in the high-profile 1996 killing of JonBenet Ramsey.

Steven Pitt, who also helped Phoenix police catch an attacker known as the "Baseline Killer" – who terrorized the city in summer 2006, was killed Thursday outside his office in Scottsdale.

Witnesses told police they heard a loud argument before shots were fired, although Sgt. Vince Lewis said he had no information on whether the killing was connected to the 59-year-old's work.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/arizona-forensic-psychiatrist-who-assisted-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case-gunned-down-outside-his-office.html
Forensic psychiatrist, maybe he helped send the guy to prison...the sketch looks like a "convict", "ex-con" type.

It sounds like a business argument to me and that they should be able to find the accused.  An argument over something if not necessarily business, that being the business of psychiatry.

I wouldn't naturally think that the good doctor was involved in anything illegal.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:55:31 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Forensic psychiatrist, maybe he helped send the guy to prison...the sketch looks like a "convict", "ex-con" type.

It sounds like a business argument to me and that they should be able to find the accused.  An argument over something if not necessarily business, that being the business of psychiatry.

I wouldn't naturally think that the good doctor was involved in anything illegal.

Unfortunately the fellow most likely to solve this was gunned down in front of his Scottsdale office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

Unfortunately the fellow most likely to solve this was gunned down in front of his Scottsdale office.

Within 48 hours, I'll bet they get a suspect.

Someone with a beef, probably got sent up to the big house OR knows someone who did, maybe wrongfully.

A real murder mystery.

Offline TomSea

Latest:

Police: Phoenix killings of psychiatrist, 2 women linked

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. –  Authorities say the fatal shootings of two paralegals in a Phoenix suburb are related to the killing of a well-known forensic psychiatrist in Phoenix, and police are investigating if a fourth homicide is related.

Scottsdale police Sgt. Ben Hoster says the killings Friday of 48-year-old Veleria Sharp and 49-year-old Laura Anderson are connected to the shooting death a day earlier of Dr. Steven Pitt.

The women and Pitt were shot either inside or around their Scottsdale-area offices.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/police-phoenix-killings-psychiatrist-2-women-linked.html

2 paralegals now. It looks like someone has a beef with the legal system or maybe the lawyers,  forensic psychiatrists, paralegals.  And looking at a 4th homicide.

@Cyber Liberty   and everyone else.

Surely, they will find out who is mad at all of these people. Very serious.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:11:40 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope the Scottsdale Police have upped their game since they totally FUBARed the Bob Crane murder back in '78.  He did get involved in the Baseline case, so this sounds like revenge, and it's metastasizing if the body count is growing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

"Keystone Kops", I would wager that that or calling them inept has been said about most police departments, it certainly is said about the Boulder police as well. I am not criticizing the police, I think sometimes, they are confronted with something, maybe something new and they don't know how to handle it.  That's not to excuse them from blame, I'm sure they deserve some.

-------

This has now become per the bing.com news feed, the top story in the nation. I read one commenter (per comments after a story) say these were professional hits. Could be.

Steven Pitt, the psychiatrist and the Killer seemed to have been heard loudly yelling at each other before Pitt was murdered.

Offline TomSea

Scottsdale police closing in on murder suspect
The Republic | azcentral.com Published 7:20 a.m. MT June 4, 2018 | Updated 7:27 a.m. MT June 4, 2018

Scottsdale police say they are closing in on a suspect in the shooting deaths of a prominent forensic psychologist and two paralegals at their offices in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

A statement issued by Scottsdale police just before 7 a.m. Monday said officers were attempting to make contact with the suspect at the Extended Stay America hotel, near Shea Boulevard and Scottsdale Road.

No additional information was immediately released.

Read more at: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale-breaking/2018/06/04/scottsdale-police-closing-murder-suspect/668075002/

Maybe they have something.... maybe not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline TomSea

I'm still looking at this, KHOU of all news sites reports (KHOU got it apparently from KPNX, obviously Phoenix):
Police: Suspect connected to string of Scottsdale, Phoenix murders is dead
The suspect, who has not yet been identified by police, is believed to be 56-year-old Dwight Lamon Jones. The hotel, near 69th Street and Shea Boulevard, was his last listed place of residence.
Author: 12 News
Published: 7:15 AM PST June 4, 2018
Updated: 8:32 AM PST June 4, 2018

The suspected gunman in a three-day Valley shooting spree that claimed the lives of four people killed himself Monday morning when he was confronted by police at a Scottsdale hotel, a Phoenix police spokesman said.

Police said the suspect was tracked to a room at the Extended Stay America, near 69th Street and Shea Boulevard, Monday morning.

Read more at: https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/valley/police-suspect-connected-to-string-of-scottsdale-phoenix-murders-is-dead/75-561255746

Guy didn't know to try to get out of town? Though, perhaps some sorts of roadblocks were out there.

@Cyber Liberty

It appears to be over.

Suspect, Dwight Lamon Jones.

We are learning more, one story says suspect died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:57:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Strange story.

You must never read murder mysteries or crime magazines.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You must never read murder mysteries or crime magazines.

Crime mags - no, murder mysteries - yes.  But, they are fiction.  As far as I know, this is not.

Offline TomSea

First picture of suspect rolls in, also the kill count is up to 6, probably, man and woman found in a home and they suspect him.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/dwight-lamon-jones-wife-connie-family/

Picture of wife too.

It's pretty clear this was about his legal troubles, mainly divorce it looks like.

Sad story.

He may have merely targeted the law office where his wife's lawyer, a woman worked (Feldman); but it looks like he just shot two people that didn't do anything to him. It could be the same with murder #4.

The initial victim, Steven Pitt, forensic psychiatrist apparently had been on tv discussing the JonBenet case, the way this unfolded intrigued me. It really was a bit like a law and order show, at least, the initial part.

The wife of Jones, the deceased murderer, is a doctor. See the heavy article posted above.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:24:17 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

I hope the Scottsdale Police have upped their game since they totally FUBARed the Bob Crane murder back in '78.  He did get involved in the Baseline case, so this sounds like revenge, and it's metastasizing if the body count is growing.

LOL. Bob Crane? It still amazes me that they were able to track down that Avis Cordoba he was killed in 20 years after the murder. It was out rotting in some hillbilly's back yard.