Author Topic: Howard Schultz, architect of modern Starbucks, to step down as executive chair and from the board  (Read 574 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Howard Schultz is stepping down from his role as executive chairman of Starbucks, effective June 26, according to a memo sent to employees Monday.

Schultz is seen as the architect of the modern Starbucks, having overseen its expansion from a single coffee shop that opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1971. He joined Starbucks in 1982 as director of operations and marketing. Over time he grew it into the iconic brand it is today, with more than 28,000 locations globally.

Schultz's latest leadership transition sparked speculation about his potential political plans: He has been a supporter of former President Barack Obama and Hilliary Clinton during her bid for president. Some have already questioned whether he would pursue his own presidential run.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/howard-schultz-architect-of-modern-starbucks-to-step-down-as-executive-chair-and-from-the-board.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The money quote:  "Some have already questioned whether he would pursue his own presidential run."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Strap a coffee bean to his ass and let him make his mark for the rat party.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The money quote:  "Some have already questioned whether he would pursue his own presidential run."

He wants all our toilets to be open to the public. Unlock your door and stick up on toilet paper. He definitely has political ambitions and we've already seen examples of his whacko agenda. The big problem is that he is a man and white. Not favored in democrap circles.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:35:05 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm sure he is proud leaving right now as the company is circling the drain and is in meltdown. Nice work Howie.

Offline goatprairie

Schultz is a prime candidate for The Spineless Weasel award given to the CEO who best resembles a craven, corporate stooge who sacrifices whatever integrity they might have to give in to SJWs and their anti-American agenda.