Author Topic: Pelosi: 'Strong employment numbers mean little'  (Read 5615 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pelosi: 'Strong employment numbers mean little'
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »
I get up and cheer the good news a lot.  But I do not abandon my skepticism, and for that I am called a "coward" by some  (not you).   :shrug:

Is it any wonder I'm also a cynic?

But you see?   Why, at this point, is your skepticism even necessary?

If it walks like a Trump and talks like a Trump......it's a TRUMP!!   What else did you expect?

The economic and foreign policy news should have us all thrilled.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 04:47:16 pm »

If it walks like a Trump and talks like a Trump......it's a TRUMP!!   What else did you expect?

There have been reasons to justify my skepticism.  I am most unhappy with the Tariff thingy, even if he did promise to do it.  I didn't agree with a lot of his promises, but I understood he's not "perfect."  I am not one to allow the Perfect to be the enemy of the Good.

I am of the type to cheer him when he does things I like, and express disappointment when he doesn't. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2018, 04:47:41 pm »

For a number of reasons.  A year and a half is but a droplet of water in the ocean of time. And in some of our opinions there have been some huge negatives; the recent spending bill to name one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2018, 05:25:17 pm »
There have been reasons to justify my skepticism.  I am most unhappy with the Tariff thingy, even if he did promise to do it.  I didn't agree with a lot of his promises, but I understood he's not "perfect."  I am not one to allow the Perfect to be the enemy of the Good.

I am of the type to cheer him when he does things I like, and express disappointment when he doesn't. :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty   I get it, but I admitted the other day that I do not totally understand world economics and was greeted by jeers by a few people here who have an exalted opinion of their own understanding of economics.

So, I go by people I respect and Lou Dobbs thinks they are very good thing for the current time to send a message that the U.S. will demand free trade.

"“Despite the latest evidence that wealth is being squandered and this country still being taken advantage of by those unfair trade deals, RINOs continue to fight President Trump,” said Dobbs in an impassioned statement."

I don't think tariffs are a good cross to hang Trump on until we see what happens.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2018, 05:37:23 pm »
@Cyber Liberty   I get it, but I admitted the other day that I do not totally understand world economics and was greeted by jeers by a few people here who have an exalted opinion of their own understanding of economics.

So, I go by people I respect and Lou Dobbs thinks they are very good thing for the current time to send a message that the U.S. will demand free trade.

"“Despite the latest evidence that wealth is being squandered and this country still being taken advantage of by those unfair trade deals, RINOs continue to fight President Trump,” said Dobbs in an impassioned statement."

I don't think tariffs are a good cross to hang Trump on until we see what happens.

That was but one example among many.  Seems to me we can all express disagreement without being disrespectful by calling each other "cowardly."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2018, 06:12:26 pm »
   I'll be the first to admit, to no one's surprise, My skepticism lies in the absence of core convictions in President Trump, even when he claimed to have any they were 'hell bent' on NY Liberalism in the 70/80's. 
   I just don't believe 70 yo Men change, being one, myself.
   Jury's still out in my book, but all hope is not lost.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2018, 02:03:43 pm »
   I'll be the first to admit, to no one's surprise, My skepticism lies in the absence of core convictions in President Trump, even when he claimed to have any they were 'hell bent' on NY Liberalism in the 70/80's. 

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2018, 02:05:19 pm »
I think many of us questioned the existence of any particular core convictions during the presidential campaign.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2018, 02:59:21 pm »
I think many of us questioned the existence of any particular core convictions during the presidential campaign.

Both candidates displayed a stunning lack of them IMO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2018, 03:05:36 pm »
The change in the economy has been noticeable since Trump came into office.

Many of the folks on this board live in bucolic, maybe exurban, unincorporated areas of the country, with less population and slower change. But, I live in bustling NYC and when more money begins circulating and paychecks fatten, the impact is felt and seen immediately on the streets as business activity picks up. For rent and for sale signs come down, shopping and dining out increase, street vendors proliferate, less homeless roam the streets.

I’ve also lived in rural, suburban and exurban areas, but they don’t reveal changes in economic activity like population and financial centers do. The mood shift is palpable.

Very true and good to hear. And even in my very rural area we are starting to notice the pickup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2018, 03:10:32 pm »

Finding any politician with core convictions is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2018, 08:30:14 pm »
Both candidates displayed a stunning lack of them IMO.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2018, 09:03:04 pm »
That was but one example among many.  Seems to me we can all express disagreement without being disrespectful by calling each other "cowardly."

Absolutely.  I was just giving another view of the tariffs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2018, 09:10:15 pm »
@Emjay

You would.  I swear, I am hurt to the core.

Added:  So now being a skeptic is being a coward.  Do you ever listen to yourself talk?

I shouldn't have said that.  I'm sorry.  My fingers got away from me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2018, 09:16:31 pm »
Oh!  Of course you do.  No surprise because you are the bestest darn Trump supporter there is.  Loyal too.  It wouldn't matter what he did it would be the right thing.

I have to add the bigliest too!

I've already apologized for that.  Although I do feel sorry for people who can never feel joy or approval in anything because it 'might not last.'

Now you need to apologize to me.  I am not a fanatic Trump supporter and never have been.  My antipathy to Trump got me kicked off of TOS.  I still bear the scars.

What I am is a person who realizes that Trump is the only President we have right now and that he seems to be doing good things,  When you think about what he is up against in the press and the so-called entertainment shows, I don't know how he gets out of bed.  He is also up against a rather bland and do-noting Congress and a bunch of leftover Obama judges who constantly rule against him.

Waiting ... sweetie. @Chosen Daughter

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »
I shouldn't have said that.  I'm sorry.  My fingers got away from me.

Accepted, Ma'am.  I knew you couldn't have really meant to say it that way, hence my astonishment. :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2018, 10:13:56 pm »

My take on Trump is that he really does love the country and wants to take it back from an unwieldly, inefficient federal government. He is 70 and is reflecting on what future his grandkids will have- this is what I see as his motivation. (Also a big fat ego.)  I dislike his personal style and disjointed, immature speech pattern (drives me crazy)but if he can succeed in doing some good, he has my support. He is a populist and has a mix of conservative and liberal views.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »
"I am not a fanatic Trump supporter and never have been.  My antipathy to Trump got me kicked off of TOS."

@Emjay
#metoo
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2018, 10:22:07 pm »
Pelosi: 'Strong employment numbers mean little'

I am sure she believes this.
She thinks weak employment numbers mean a lot more.
It gives her the opportunity to give out more Fedgov goodies (aka; our money), thereby increasing the likelihood that she will be re-elected over and over again.
Without that, she wouldn't have lasted this long.

If Nancy loses big this November, she'll probably say strong voting numbers for the opposition mean little, and declare victory.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2018, 10:26:46 pm »
My take on Trump is that he really does love the country and wants to take it back from an unwieldly, inefficient federal government. He is 70 and is reflecting on what future his grandkids will have- this is what I see as his motivation. (Also a big fat ego.)  I dislike his personal style and disjointed, immature speech pattern (drives me crazy)but if he can succeed in doing some good, he has my support. He is a populist and has a mix of conservative and liberal views.

Nobody knows what Trump's 'core values' are.  I think they may have evolved in the last couple of years.

But, as you say, if he can succeed in doing good... and I think he has succeeded in some and tried in more.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2018, 12:04:13 pm »
Nobody knows what Trump's 'core values' are.  I think they may have evolved in the last couple of years.

I don't agree with this @Emjay  The President's core values were formed as a kid growing up in Queens.  What has influenced his life since that time are his father's work ethic, the prevailing love of America, a respect for the working class and the military, and an uncanny belief that no defeat is permanent.

There's a lot that can be learned about Donald Trump by looking at his younger years .... but that would mean the forum would need to leave his bedroom, and apparently too many folks here need to stay there to fill a void in their own lives.   :shrug:

Donald Trump's roots have always been on display.  It's why people love the guy.   He's "the people's billionaire" for a reason.  Trump really is one of us --- to his core.

! No longer available

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:07:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2018, 12:32:20 pm »
I don't agree with this @Emjay  The President's core values were formed as a kid growing up in Queens.  What has influenced his life since that time are his father's work ethic, the prevailing love of America, a respect for the working class and the military, and an uncanny belief that no defeat is permanent.

There's a lot that can be learned about Donald Trump by looking at his younger years .... but that would mean the forum would need to leave his bedroom, and apparently too many folks here need to stay there to fill a void in their own lives.   :shrug:

Donald Trump's roots have always been on display.  It's why people love the guy.   He's "the people's billionaire" for a reason.  Trump really is one of us --- to his core.

! No longer available

:beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2018, 01:11:37 pm »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2018, 01:27:35 pm »
@Cyber Liberty   

@Emjay

Prior to the funding gov with a progressive income tax we funded gov with tariffs. So I ask you,
wish do you prefer? A voluntary tax on imports or a mandatory progressive income tax? For me it
is a no brainer, I'll take the voluntary tax on imports any day.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2018, 01:30:18 pm »
I don't agree with this @Emjay 

@Right_in_Virginia

Back in the day Trump was called "the blue collar billionaire".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:30:55 pm by jpsb »