Author Topic: Manufacturing Jobs Up 18,000 In May, 322,000 Under Trump  (Read 555 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Manufacturing Jobs Up 18,000 In May, 322,000 Under Trump
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »
cNSNews
Terence P. Jeffrey | June 1, 2018 | 8:57 AM EDT

[excerpt]

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/manufacturing-jobs-18000-may-322000-under-trump

(CNSNews.com) - Manufacturing jobs in the United States increased by 18,000 in the month of May and have now climbed by 322,000 since President Donald Trump took office, according to new employment data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

“Manufacturing employment continued to expand over the month (+18,000),” the BLS said in its monthly employment report released today.

“Durable goods accounted for most of the change, including an increase of 6,000 jobs in machinery,” said BLS. “Manufacturing employment has risen by 259,000 over the year, with about three-fourths of the growth in durable goods industries”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Manufacturing Jobs Up 18,000 In May, 322,000 Under Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 12:27:55 am »
Are we tired of winning yet??   888high58888

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 12:35:52 am »
Are we tired of winning yet??   888high58888

Strange how difficult it is for certain folks to understand how tax cuts ALWAYS work.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 12:39:52 am »

Strange how difficult it is for certain folks to understand how tax cuts ALWAYS work.

This is one of the funniest graphics I've seen in a long time .... and so damn true.   :laugh:

But I suspect somewhere in the maze that is Pelosi's mind she knows how tax cuts work ..... she just can't believe her party has to run against them. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 12:49:44 am »

Yes indeed this is all fine and good, only problem is this won't last once the steel and aluminum tariffs are imposed.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 01:36:01 am »
Yes indeed this is all fine and good, only problem is this won't last once the steel and aluminum tariffs are imposed.

How So?

Cutting the federal Sales Consumption/Corp Income Tax drew at least a dozen CEOs heading huge global corps after Trump from Davos Switzerland to the WH to tell him they were relocating Billions of their investment capital here, and employing Americans because it fattened their bottom lines.

As for those tariffs being implemented, again Trump May be waving a Big Bargaining Billy Club without intending to use it.

If he does use it, even once, that will strengthen his bargaining position/Street Cred with other countries in future negotiations.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:38:31 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 02:52:55 am »
Cool.  I'm glad all the people who lost their jobs at places like Carrier, Harley Davidson, and Boeing found other jobs.  They're probably don't pay as well as their former, jobs, but it's better than nothing, right?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 03:39:10 am »
Not sure what that means.

Are you suggesting that allowing people to keep their money somehow equates with tariffs?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington