Author Topic: Anti-Muslim US police trainers thrive in unregulated industry  (Read 320 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anti-Muslim US police trainers thrive in unregulated industry
Josh Wood

In early May, a former FBI agent named John Guandolo travelled to a Baptist church on the outskirts of the Texas city of San Angelo to teach local law enforcement officers a course on Islam and militant threats to the United States.

Such courses are routine. Across the country, American cops take classes on everything from knife defence and tactical entry to LGBT awareness, impartial policing and de-escalation techniques. These courses fulfill yearly training hour requirements officers need to meet and help them better serve the public.

But wherever Guandolo goes, controversy often follows. Civil rights groups consider him to be a propagator of anti-Muslim conspiracy theories whose goal is not to educate, but to promote distrust of Muslim Americans.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/anti-muslim-us-police-trainers-thrive-unregulated-industry-1377395938

The article goes on to mention that after complaints, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement refused to give credits for the classes this Guandalo fellow taught.

Guandalo and anyone else, certainly, should have the right to express their views. Whether that is something one should get professional educational credit for is something else. Then, one might as well have Robert Spencer up there BUT... I can see how there could be some important issues, just like with gangs like MS-13, people need to be schooled.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Anti-Muslim US police trainers thrive in unregulated industry
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:26:25 am »
Well cmon it's not like muslims are trying to subvert our country or anything
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.