Author Topic: Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll By 24,000 Jobs  (Read 2414 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll By 24,000 Jobs
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 01:25:01 pm »
"...Deregulation - "much ado about nothing  :shrug: "???

You should control yourself better, @roamer_1 ....for you make yourself look foolish when you make statements like that.

@DCPatriot
Some 500 regulations removed, mostly by EO, in a field of hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions. Whee.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 01:25:33 pm »
We’re all frustrated by the slow pace of change in government, @Bigun   The federal workforce backed by their union will be a formidable challenge to dismantle. Not to mention the federal contract process, big money donors and graft that go along with it.

Next to getting rid of the 1913 laws (Income Tax and Federal Reserve banks) cleaning out the federal barn is the most important work that can be done IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 01:34:34 pm »
And, here it is... the modifier for the "I give the President credit when he's right" crowd.   :laugh:

@aligncare @To-Whose-Benefit?

In fact I DID give him credit, @Right_in_Virginia ... It's the right direction, but 24k is hardly a drop in the bucket.

It is analogous to finding a penny on the street and leaping for joy because you're set for life... GREAT, you found a penny. But the rest would be a delusion.  :shrug:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 01:34:51 pm »
We’re all frustrated by the slow pace of change in government, @Bigun   The federal workforce backed by their union will be a formidable challenge to dismantle. Not to mention the federal contract process, big money donors and graft that go along with it.

"Dismantle" is a rather draconian word @aligncare   Just how would *you* do this?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 01:37:10 pm »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 01:38:23 pm »

IMO, there's a story behind the story. Over a third of the federal workforce is over the age of 55, such as my wife who retired two days ago after 36 years of service. Retirements will escalate in the coming months, primarily due to demographics. Replacements will not be found immediately, as applicants will be required to pass the drug tests for their security clearances.

The poor leadership at probably every federal agency will hasten retirements, too. I was one who retired due to a dispute with my supervisor, who singled me out for "poor performance". I didn't fight back until it was too late, and I took early retirement, though I left a parting gift in the form of an EEO complaint. Her promotion prospects are now stymied for years.

Look for the retirements to really speed up in the last quarter of 2018, OPM is still working through the backlog from the end of 2017.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »
In fact I DID give him credit, @Right_in_Virginia ...

I never said you didn't @roamer_1   I was simply noticing that the "we give credit when credit is due" chorus of the NT crowd has now found a way to limit this virtue signaling with your codicil.  But .....

I get it. Credit where it's due. But the credit accrued is is not worthy of all the crowing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »
I never said you didn't @roamer_1   I was simply noticing that the "we give credit when credit is due" chorus of the NT crowd has now found a way to limit this virtue signaling with your codicil.  But .....

@Right_in_Virginia
Bah. Once again you demonstrate that nothing short of vapid adoration will ever be good enough.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 01:50:07 pm »
24,000 jobs cut is better than zero jobs cut. Now to get to something like 100,000. I wish my state would cut its public employee numbers, too. So much waste.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 01:50:54 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Bah. Once again you demonstrate that nothing short of vapid adoration will ever be good enough. 

You need to work on your spin @roamer_1    :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 01:54:27 pm »
Eh... ok...

So you are with me and are upset that these jobs have been lost? Awesome. You can sign my petition at this link to demand these folks get rehired or impeachment proceeding will start....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2018, 01:59:45 pm »
@DCPatriot
Some 500 regulations removed, mostly by EO, in a field of hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions. Whee.

Uh-huh...typical argument strategy of an avowed NT.  Move the goal posts.

All Prez Trump has done is remove the barriers set up by the Muslim Commie.  Nobody said "hundreds of thousands" or "...even millions".

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 02:02:56 pm »
So you are with me and are upset that these jobs have been lost? Awesome. You can sign my petition at this link to demand these folks get rehired or impeachment proceeding will start....

Whatever Frank... Drying up 24k jobs on one end of the swamp while dumping in $3T at the other end seems to be a wee bit out of balance for the Snoopy joy dance.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 02:04:27 pm »
Uh-huh...typical argument strategy of an avowed NT.  Move the goal posts.

All Prez Trump has done is remove the barriers set up by the Muslim Commie.  Nobody said "hundreds of thousands" or "...even millions".

:laugh:

Like I said, whee! you found a penny.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »
In April, there were 2,789,000 people employed in civilian federal government jobs. In May, that declined to 2,786,000, a drop of 3,000.

Three thousand a week would be more like it.  Definitely a step in the right direction, but we need something more drastic after 8 years of Obama's shovel-ready excesses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 02:09:14 pm »
Whatever Frank... Drying up 24k jobs on one end of the swamp while dumping in $3T at the other end seems to be a wee bit out of balance for the Snoopy joy dance.

I hear you. It is outrageous. These people need their jobs back. Why single them out and not everyone else?