Author Topic: President Trump misses LGBTQ Pride Month — again  (Read 2181 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

President Trump misses LGBTQ Pride Month — again
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:01:57 pm »
President Trump misses LGBTQ Pride Month — again
NBC News, Jun 1, 2018, Tim Fitzsimons

This year alone, President Donald Trump has recognized January as National Mentoring Month, March as National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and April as Second Chance Month. He has already declared the month of June to be National Homeownership Month, National Ocean Month, Great Outdoors Month and National Caribbean-American Heritage Month.

But one proclamation is — once again — conspicuously absent from the White House website: LGBTQ Pride Month.

At the 2016 Republican National Convention, Trump noted the Pulse nightclub shooting and became the first GOP presidential nominee to directly address the LGBTQ community from a convention podium.

“As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” Trump said at the time.

More:  https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/president-trump-misses-lgbtq-pride-month-again-n879306

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: President Trump misses LGBTQ Pride Month — again
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 11:03:50 pm »
“As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” Trump said at the time.

He never said he'd give the LGBTQRSPONZTY community a month of recognition.   ^-^

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:06:19 pm »
He never said he'd give the LGBTQRSPONZTY community a month of recognition.   ^-^

There's a difference between 'protecting LGBTJKGIXUHG from violence and oppression of a hateful ideology' and agreeing to be the Grand Master of the Pride parade.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:02 pm »
There's a difference between 'protecting LGBTJKGIXUHG from violence and oppression of a hateful ideology' and agreeing to be the Grand Master of the Pride parade.

Agree!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:20:08 pm »

Only "protect" them from violence. Like a certain Jew who said to the crowd ..."He Without sin, cast the first stone.". To the depraved person he saved, he said. Then..."Go forth and sin no more."

Probably should have added a trigger warnin' to that post... what was I thinkin'  fishing8888
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:24:47 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 12:36:41 am »
Actually, I never celebrated or recognized the LGB whatever month to begin with.  I recognize Holidays such as Christmas, Easter, New Year's, 4th of July, Labor Day, Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.  The rest of the new-fangled 'recognized' months and bogus holidays don't mean squat to me, so I really could care less.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 12:50:44 am »
Maybe Trump is planning a cameo at Fantasy Fest this year.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 01:41:04 am »

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:41:35 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 02:03:20 am »

:silly: :silly:   888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 02:47:16 am »
   This does surprise me.
   Seeing him on a campaign stage with the gay Flag, I figured the Trump GOP had all but surrendered to their corrosive agenda. 
   I know he'll turn back for political expediency before his re election, if he decides to run again, but this has been refreshing so far, some what.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 01:03:44 pm »
No worries, MLB will pick up the slack.
11 Major League Baseball teams have rainbow hats for LGBT Pride games
Jim Buzinski
17 hrs ago

Hats are the most popular giveaways for the teams.

Rainbow-colored hats are the giveaway of choice for 11 Major League Baseball teams that have LGBT Pride games this season.

The Blue Jays, Braves, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Orioles, Padres, Pirates, Rays, Reds,Marlins and Twins are all giving Pride hats to people who buy a ticket to their game. This is the first year the Reds are having a Pride night.

The Brewers, Cardinals and Dodgers have shirts with a rainbow theme, the Athletics and Mariners have wearable Pride flags and the Giants have a backpack. The other seven teams with Pride nights have not specified what, if any, their giveaway will be. ... Rest of story

My former favorite team.  **nononono*

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 01:42:45 pm »
No worries, MLB will pick up the slack.
My former favorite team.  **nononono*

Butt Pirates?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 01:45:55 pm »

Trump was on Wings with Tim Daly? I loved that show.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 01:48:04 pm »
Butt Pirates?
One has to wonder.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 02:00:29 pm »

Bill Clinton reneged on some promise to the 'gay community.' So he was speaking to some group when one gay guy began berating him for that. The gay guy ended with, "Slick...Willie!"

If there's a video clip of that then it's worth watching for the laugh.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 04:52:38 pm »
   This does surprise me.
   Seeing him on a campaign stage with the gay Flag, I figured the Trump GOP had all but surrendered to their corrosive agenda. 
   I know he'll turn back for political expediency before his re election, if he decides to run again, but this has been refreshing so far, some what.

Congrats, @corbe   The only problem is that you are not physically or mentally capable of posting anything even slightly favorable to Trump without the "so far, some what."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 04:58:42 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 06:51:23 pm »
Congrats, @corbe   The only problem is that you are not physically or mentally capable of posting anything even slightly favorable to Trump without the "so far, some what."

What is wrong with a little caution?  Last year directly after inauguration homosexuality was celebrated by the Trump administration in full.  Gay month and celebrations in the Pentagon.  It was an open display of Trump waving his gay flag on stage.  And former Sec. of State Rex Tillerson and the Boy Scout gay agenda.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/trumps-sec-state-rex-tillerson-lobbied-gay-youth-boy-scouts
remember this?

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1211571/
I am taking a pleasantly surprised, but cautious approach also. 

Note:  Donald Trump did not recognize gay pride month last year.  But it was celebrated by Rex Tillerson and the Pentagon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:58:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 06:59:39 pm »
What is wrong with a little caution?  Last year directly after inauguration homosexuality was celebrated by the Trump administration in full.  Gay month and celebrations in the Pentagon.  It was an open display of Trump waving his gay flag on stage.  And former Sec. of State Rex Tillerson and the Boy Scout gay agenda.

There is a segment of the Membership that requires 100% buy-in, or you're a "Never." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 08:22:21 pm »
There is a segment of the Membership that requires 100% buy-in, or you're a "Never."

I know.  If they would just learn to appreciate our cautious but appreciative nature.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 10:12:48 pm »
I know.  If they would just learn to appreciate our cautious but appreciative nature.

The second it gets more appreciative than cautious @Chosen Daughter, I will wrest that cup I gave @corbe from his grimy hands and give it to you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 10:38:29 pm »
The second it gets more appreciative than cautious @Chosen Daughter, I will wrest that cup I gave @corbe from his grimy hands and give it to you.

888high58888   @Emjay   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:19 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 11:37:47 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

I missed it, is this the cup she gave him?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 12:39:45 am »
I missed it, is this the cup she gave him?

I don't know, but if she expects me to look obsequiously at her guy, she can take that cup and....
I will NOT comply.