Author Topic: The Socks That The Secretary Of State Wore To Meet The North Koreans Will Make Your Jaw Drop  (Read 1270 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Socks That The Secretary Of State Wore To Meet The North Koreans Will Make Your Jaw Drop
5:20 PM 06/01/2018
Benny Johnson | Reporter At Large

America’s top diplomat, Mike Pompeo, held historic meetings with North Korean diplomats in New York this week. And he wore green Army men socks while doing it.

Pompeo met top North Korean officials in the city Thursday to lay the groundwork for a meeting between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un, scheduled to take place in Singapore on June 12th. At the table was North Korea’s former military intelligence chief Kim Yong Chol and his team. Pompeo tweeted the photo with the caption, “Good progress today during our meetings with Kim Yong Chol and his team. #NorthKorea and the world would benefit greatly from the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”

A quick search on Amazon retrieves almost identical socks to the ones the secretary of state wore — black with green Army men holding pistols, rifles and bazookas. They are called “Socksmith Men’s Army Men” and cost an even $10.00.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/01/mike-pompeo-green-army-men-socks-to-north-korea-meeting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Actually, I think they're appropriate.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Christ. You know it is a slow news day when a guys socks make the news.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Heck he has to be the first Sec of State that would even consider wearing such militaristic socks let alone in such a meeting.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I ordered a pair for my son..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Who cares about the socks, the shoes are atrocious.

Offline goodwithagun

They’re the mullet of shoes: business on top, casual on the bottom. At least they’re not Sketchers rockers.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They look like basic plastic-form molded shoes from payless or Walmart. Prolly around $15.99 to $20, somewhere around there. The socks are cute, I guess. I wouldn't know. My socks come in two colors only. Black or White.

I don't wear tee-shirts with writing (REDNECK: don't mean I ain't not stupid). And I don't wear gay socks with weird colors.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

Real Men in Texas don't wear socks unless it's a Wedding or a Funeral (same thing), Tillerson would have wore this:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They’re the mullet of shoes: business on top, casual on the bottom. At least they’re not Sketchers rockers.

The shoes actually look like standard ones from a dept store.  Cushioned for people who walk or stand a lot.    Bout 150 bucks
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

I notice the minesweeper guy is missing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

They look like basic plastic-form molded shoes from payless or Walmart. Prolly around $15.99 to $20, somewhere around there. The socks are cute, I guess. I wouldn't know. My socks come in two colors only. Black or White.

I don't wear tee-shirts with writing (REDNECK: don't mean I ain't not stupid). And I don't wear gay socks with weird colors.

Let me guess, you don't have a set of these, either, @240B...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I notice the minesweeper guy is missing.

Flamethrower guy too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Reminds me of something I saw at Ft. Gordon. Some cocky Drill Instructor Sgt. [35yrs old] got into an argument with a recruit about who could do the most push ups. The recruit was 19, young dumb and full of ... testosterone. Once the count got past 100 the Sgt. started doing girl push ups. He was bucking back and forth like worm, like a fresh caught fish on the bank. Funny stuff. Everyone was yelling at him, Hey! That's not a real push-up!

He jumped up and called formation, and then took us on a 5 mile run. We still don't know...who won...haha... yeah, sure we don't.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

What will really make your jaw drop is the fact that Pompeo is actually the person to the right in the picture.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:49:14 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

He jumped up and called formation, and then took us on a 5 mile run.

Fortunately, that’s only about 1.5 laps around Barton Field.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fortunately, that’s only about 1.5 laps around Barton Field.

No. That's too easy. We went up and down every hill in that whole State. Ended it all at the carwash.

A five mile run has no meaning in the Army. It doesn't mean that you are going to run 5 miles. It only means that you are going on a long, long, run. The distance is only determined by the number of guys who drop out. A five mile run can go on all day long. At least it seemed that way.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:03:52 pm by 240B »

Offline edpc

No. That's too easy. We went up and down every hill in that whole State. Ended it all at the carwash.

The instructors always got to do their PT up on the stand, while we were down on the ground with the fire ants. Lots of fun.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The instructors always got to do their PT up on the stand, while we were down on the ground with the fire ants. Lots of fun.

What was your MOS?

Offline edpc

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Radio Repair - 29E

I was in 25B classes for a while. That is why I was in Gordon for a few months. Signal Corps, that's what I did.

Offline edpc

I was in 25B classes for a while. That is why I was in Gordon for a few months. Signal Corps, that's what I did.

Desktop PCs were probably still using Windows 3.0 when I was there in 1991.    :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

This chick is onto the real crime here. Homeless dudes wear better shoes.

Online corbe

My 1971 Air Force Computer~Univac 1050-II
   (unfortunately, I get my AFSC mixed up with my Zip Code, at my advanced age).

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.