Author Topic: Prosecutors question Comey for probe into McCabe  (Read 371 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutors question Comey for probe into McCabe
« on: June 01, 2018, 01:49:05 am »
Prosecutors question Comey for probe into McCabe
By Max Greenwood - 05/31/18 08:35 PM EDT

Prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia recently interviewed former FBI Director James Comey as part of a criminal investigation into his former deputy, Andrew McCabe.

The Washington Post reported the interview on Thursday night.

McCabe was accused by the Justice Department's inspector general in April of having lied to federal investigators and Comey on four occasions about improperly authorizing the disclosure of sensitive information to the media.

The inspector general, Michael Horowitz, referred the matter to the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office to determine whether McCabe should face criminal charges.

Lying to federal investigators can carry a prison sentence of up to five years.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/390188-prosecutors-question-comey-for-probe-into-mccabe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Prosecutors question Comey for probe into McCabe
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 01:59:55 am »

Tangled web.

I don't think McCabe will want to be the goat at this roast. What I hope gets roasted is this idea that you face criminal charges for misspeaking to a Fed.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Prosecutors question Comey for probe into McCabe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:33 am »
From what I am reading about this, the Feds are looking hard at charging McCabe for lying to Federal Agents. Comey is only too happy to throw his pal under the bus to save his own ass, so McCabe better be lawyer shopping.