Author Topic: John Boehner: 'There is no Republican Party. There's a Trump party'  (Read 5543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner: 'There is no Republican Party. There's a Trump party'
by Melissa Quinn
 | May 31, 2018 11:25 AM

Former House Speaker John Boehner said Thursday there is currently no Republican Party, but rather a “Trump Party.”

The Ohio Republican made the comment during an appearance at the Mackinac Policy Conference on Mackinac Island, Mich.

“There is no Republican Party. There’s a Trump party,” Boehner said. “The Republican Party is kind of taking a nap somewhere.”

Boehner resigned from Congress in 2015 amid a looming coup from conservatives in the House to oust him from the speakership.

In April, he joined the board of advisers at Acreage Holdings, one of the country’s largest cannabis corporations.

During his appearance at the Mackinac Policy Conference, Boehner reflected on the results of the 2016 presidential election and said the “two most surprised people in the entire world” the night of the election were Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-boehner-there-is-no-republican-party-theres-a-trump-party
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Here you go John. Drink up and feel better. (when you get sober)

Image result for Scotch whisky whiskey
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sober, drunk or stoned Boehner is correct.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Boehner an you (apparently) have a completely different definition of 'Repulican' than most Americans do. If you think a Republican is just a moderate Democrat, then you might be Boehner Republican.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Boehner said. “The Republican Party is kind of taking a nap somewhere.”

LOL. Right. Isn't this the dude that was run out of town for being an ineffectual loser?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

LOL. Right. Isn't this the dude that was run out of town for being an ineffectual loser?

Classic country club GOP elitist.  Wants cheap labor to help his stock portfolio, and to hell with what it does to wages for the working class.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well it can be truly said that there is no opposition party in Washington DC. 

And that was before Trump even got there.

Wait a minute!  That was while Boner here was leading that 'party'!

Drink up and join the Clintons and Obama's Boner.  You are more at home with that bunch as is the majority of the party you "led" into the ground.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Well it can be truly said that there is no opposition party in Washington DC. 

And that was before Trump even got there.

Wait a minute!  That was while Boner here was leading that 'party'!

Drink up and join the Clintons and Obama's Boner.  You are more at home with that bunch as is the majority of the party you "led" into the ground.

Couldn't disagree with you more, as usual. Johnny doesn't drink anymore. He gets stoned to the bejeezus belt on kind bud now.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: John Boehner: 'There is no Republican Party. There's a Trump party'
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 05:05:30 pm »
Boehner an you (apparently) have a completely different definition of 'Repulican' than most Americans do. If you think a Republican is just a moderate Democrat, then you might be Boehner Republican.
@240B
Republican equals rat.  I define Republican as soaring national debt, protectionist tariffs, divisive rhetoric, and embarrassing ineptitude.  Republicans are nothing more than filthy children throwing rocks at passing cars because "F*** You, We're Trumpers." JMO.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:07:09 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »
Couldn't disagree with you more, as usual. Johnny doesn't drink anymore. He gets stoned to the bejeezus belt on kind bud now.

Boner blazes bowls of bud?

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 05:09:46 pm »

You're goddamned right, he is!    :laugh:

I'll bet $$$ that if Donald Trump were to quit the Republican Party tomorrow, and run as a 3rd Party candidate for reelection....he'd win in a freaking landslide.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:13:13 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
A Trump party.  Of course, that's how Trump got Obamacare repealed.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »

My bad for not including the gratuitous drug use with the leader of the Choom Gang and Blow by Blow Clintons.

I mean, one DOES get thirsty after an afternoon of snorting, smoking and shooting up.  Nothing smoother than some Scotch to wet the whistle and wash the residue off the teeth and gums.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 05:15:33 pm »
He liked the product so much he became a spokesman.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-11/ex-speaker-john-boehner-joins-marijuana-firm-s-advisory-board

Its making sense now. I'm interested to know how he can hotbox in a golfcart.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 05:22:42 pm »
A Trump party.  Of course, that's how Trump got Obamacare repealed.   *****rollingeyes*****

Wake the hell up.   

That's just common sense.   Normally a POTUS isn't a Lame Duck until the 2nd term...and then usually only the last two years.

A 'Trump Party' would surely consist of more than just himself.

Would be fun to see/watch how many in the GOP would become 'Apostles'....sell everything and follow 'Him'.   @INVAR  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 05:24:59 pm »
Wake the hell up.   

That's just common sense.   Normally a POTUS isn't a Lame Duck until the 2nd term...and then usually only the last two years.

A 'Trump Party' would surely consist of more than just himself.

Would be fun to see/watch how many in the GOP would become 'Apostles'....sell everything and follow 'Him'.   @INVAR  :laugh:

So who are the members of this Trump Party that gave us the latest $1.7 trillion spending bill?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 05:33:53 pm »

Agree.   The "Trump Party" shares some things in common with traditional Republicanism, but on other issues - such as trade and entitlement reform - it is fundamentally different.   Like any populist party, it seeks to keep the goodies going for its constituency, and won't tackle such things as deficits and runaway spending. 

Is a third party the answer, or are traditional Republicans content to being the minority in a populist party?  Obviously, one currently unknowable factor is whether a populist party can continue to win elections, or whether the Trump victory in 2016 was unique and unrepeatable.   One thing is certain - traditional Republicans no longer come close to commanding a majority, and so have to partner with others.   But who?   Conservatives who champion social issues?   Trump-style populists who champion nativism and alt-right racism?   Moderate Dems and libertarians who share traditional Republicans'  goals of economic growth, full employment and entitlement reform, even though they may be more socially liberal than the average Republican?   

This will all crystallize if,  as I believe will be the case,  President Trump declines to run for re-election.  And if he does run,  the presence of a "centrist" third party, as Bobby Jindal has written, may be crucial to Trump's (and populism's) continued success.     
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:38:25 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 05:35:40 pm »
So who are the members of this Trump Party that gave us the latest $1.7 trillion spending bill?

@RoosGirl
There are none, everybody knows its all Trumps fault.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 05:38:35 pm »
@RoosGirl
There are none, everybody knows its all Trumps fault.

I'm not sure *everybody* knows that, you may need to repeat it a few more times.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 05:39:53 pm »
I'm not sure *everybody* knows that, you may need to repeat it a few more times.

@RoosGirl
Nah ya'll are doin a bang up job of tellin every bahdy

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 05:42:02 pm »
@240B
Republican equals rat.  I define Republican as soaring national debt, protectionist tariffs, divisive rhetoric, and embarrassing ineptitude.  Republicans are nothing more than filthy children throwing rocks at passing cars because "F*** You, We're Trumpers." JMO.

A very concise definition of Trump and Trumpism. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 05:44:14 pm »
A very concise definition of Trump and Trumpism.

@Oceander