Author Topic: Israel-Gaza border falls quiet after Egypt brokers ceasefire  (Read 638 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Israel-Gaza border falls quiet after Egypt brokers ceasefire
Reuters, May 30, 2018, Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - The Israel-Gaza border fell quiet on Wednesday under an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire after the most intense flareup of hostilities between Palestinian militants and Israel since a 2014 war.

There were no reports of further fighting after Palestinian and Israeli attacks in the early hours of Wednesday, and both sides appeared to back away from a slide toward a new war after weeks of violence along the border.

Schools opened as usual in Israeli towns near the frontier where rocket warning sirens sounded frequently on Tuesday. Gaza’s streets were filled with morning shoppers and children went to class.

A Palestinian official said Egyptian mediation led to a ceasefire, but the terms of the “understanding” did not go beyond “a restoration of calm by both sides”.

More:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians/israel-gaza-border-falls-quiet-after-egypt-brokers-ceasefire-idUSKCN1IV0FO

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:58:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: Israel-Gaza border falls quiet after Egypt brokers ceasefire
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 01:58:32 pm »
Now el-Sisi needs to grab Abdullah II and have the four parties over for a nice, sit down dinner to discuss how to end this madness.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 02:02:34 pm »
Good luck with that. The Palis are not interested in peace and they have no real leadership to negotiate for it. 
Countdown to Resignation

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 02:12:42 pm »
Good luck with that. The Palis are not interested in peace and they have no real leadership to negotiate for it.

I think the average Palestinian living in Gaza wants peace and a reason to keep on living.  Hopefully Jordan and Egypt will engage Hamas and find a way to settle this.  Obviously, neither we nor the Israelis are able to accomplish this.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 10:46:30 pm »
Right in Virginia wrote:
"I think the average Palestinian living in Gaza wants peace and a reason to keep on living."

Well, I think the "average" palestinian living in Gaza hates Israel to the center of their being and wants to see the Jews driven into the sea.

There's no real "solution" to the Gaza problem, unless "the palestinians" are dispersed elsewhere. Either by voluntary relocation... or by force if need be.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 10:55:11 pm »
Right in Virginia wrote:
"I think the average Palestinian living in Gaza wants peace and a reason to keep on living."

Well, I think the "average" palestinian living in Gaza hates Israel to the center of their being and wants to see the Jews driven into the sea.

There's no real "solution" to the Gaza problem, unless "the palestinians" are dispersed elsewhere. Either by voluntary relocation... or by force if need be.

I agree with your assessment of the situation, @Fishrrman.  There is only one reason Animalstinians ever "cease fire," and that is to rearm.  They must be out of Katyusha rockets and bullets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: