Author Topic: The Handwriting Was on the Wall for a Long Time With Roseanne Barr  (Read 532 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Townhall
S. E. Cupp
Posted: May 30, 2018 1:30 PM

As the acclaimed poet Maya Angelou once said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them -- the first time."

That wise adage hasn't made its way to television executives, apparently, who can't help hiring -- and rehiring -- some of the industry's worst known repeat offenders.

ABC, which rebooted the one-time hit comedy "Roseanne" this year as a paean to Trump's America, just canceled the ratings juggernaut after a wave of racist tweets by controversial comic Roseanne Barr went viral.

In the tweets, Barr suggested Chelsea Clinton was related to the liberal billionaire activist George Soros -- she isn't -- and then called Soros a "nazi." Worse, she said of former Obama administration adviser Valerie Jarrett: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

That Barr has gone ahead on Twitter and revealed herself to be an unhinged, mouth-breathing, racist conspiracy monger isn't the strange part -- it's that she's revealed herself again.

ABC falsely believed they hired Roseanne the Character -- a blue collar, everywoman who was sharp-tongued but fun-loving and, yes, a Trump supporter.

But what they got was Roseanne the Person, who is, to put it politely, a nutjob.

(more)
https://townhall.com/columnists/secupp/2018/05/30/the-handwriting-was-on-the-wall-for-a-long-time-with-roseanne-barr-n2485726
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Handwriting Was on the Wall for a Long Time With Roseanne Barr
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 10:09:53 pm »
With a world teeming with fresh new talent, it seems wholly unnecessary to keep going back to the same, polluted wells that reliably end up stinking up the joint.
You would think that, but reality is that people keep coming back to Roseanne and Olbermann because they are brands that people recognize. It takes many years of paying dues to build personality brands as more and more people recognize a name.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42:23 am »
   Thanks for posting this @240B Cupp always makes me laugh.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:19:20 am »
   Thanks for posting this @240B Cupp always makes me laugh.

@corbe
Agree. It made me laugh too. Mostly because it is so accurate. Everybody should have known what could happen by hitching up with her. It is not like it was a secret.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:39:37 am »
You would think that, but reality is that people keep coming back to Roseanne and Olbermann because they are brands that people recognize. It takes many years of paying dues to build personality brands as more and more people recognize a name.
@jmyrlefuller
If there's one positive thing about Keith Olbermann, it's that the man has an absolute genius for getting himself fired within a very short time of getting himself hired, re-hired, re-re-hired, and so forth. He may yet set a record for being fired, re-hired, and re-hired at least as often as Zsa Zsa Gabor got married, divorced, and re-married, and re-divorced, and so forth.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 03:40:18 am »

@corbe
Agree. It made me laugh too. Mostly because it is so accurate. Everybody should have known what could happen by hitching up with her. It is not like it was a secret.
ABC had to know it was riding a sabertooth when bringing her back. Give them credit: they dismounted before she could swallow them whole.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.