Author Topic: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions  (Read 6191 times)

Offline darroll

Re: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 05:49:50 pm »
Sessions was the best of the worst.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 05:59:47 pm »
If you're that regretful Mr. President...ask for the man's resignation.  Show some class and quit embarrassing your AG and yourself with these bullying and abusive tweets.

I still suspect that when a firing-happy guy like our POTUS whines like this, it may be just political theater to keep Sessions's real work off the public radar.  In short, I trust Trump to be untrustworthy when it suits his larger plan.

Sessions has been very, very active in the DOJ.  His work has been almost completely "overlooked" by the frightened MSM.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 06:04:32 pm »
@Hoodat
Of course Cruz could barely win a primary let alone the White House.   I like Cruz but he couldn't win.  Winners make the rules.

The Establishment made the rules.  The Establishment won.  Cruz tried to change the rules.  Trump sided with the Establishment, even letting them hand pick his delegates.

All this was very clear during the campaign.  Unfortunately, many chose to embrace a lie instead about Trump being a swamp drainer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline the_doc

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 06:35:57 pm »
The Establishment made the rules.  The Establishment won.  Cruz tried to change the rules.  Trump sided with the Establishment, even letting them hand pick his delegates.

All this was very clear during the campaign.  Unfortunately, many chose to embrace a lie instead about Trump being a swamp drainer.

As you should notice from my post above, I have never regarded Trump as conspicuously trustworthy.  He is a big-time schemer.

I think Trump fooled the GOP Establishment into believing he would be easier to work with than with Cruz. (After all, he had liberal NYC creds, didn't he?)  Trump then turned around late in the campaign and said that he was going to drain the D.C. swamp;  that announcement surely worried the swamp denizens in the GOPe, but Trump turned around again on Inauguration Day and called the Clintons "good people." 

That infuriated Trump's base, but only temporarily. Now Trump is calling for the prosecution of Hillary--and facilitating it through Sessions, of all people.  (Trump/Sessions recently put Utah DA John Huber in place to take down the Clintons.  They are manifestly doomed now.)

Wait and see what happens over the near term, maybe even tomorrow!  We may see a flood of activity soon.

(It was the U.S. military that begged Trump to run for POTUS way back in 2015.  Try cranking that into your thinking.  [Look at how many military guys and gals he has on his staff.]  I submit that if Trump survives, he is likely going to blow the D.C. swamp to pieces.  Remember:  Our military is sworn to defend our Constitutional Republic "against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."  I believe they are going to drain the swamp.) 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:36:41 pm by the_doc »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 06:45:48 pm »
As you should notice from my post above, I have never regarded Trump as conspicuously trustworthy.  He is a big-time schemer.

I think Trump fooled the GOP Establishment into believing he would be easier to work with than with Cruz. (After all, he had liberal NYC creds, didn't he?)  Trump then turned around late in the campaign and said that he was going to drain the D.C. swamp;  that announcement surely worried the swamp denizens in the GOPe, but Trump turned around again on Inauguration Day and called the Clintons "good people." 

That infuriated Trump's base, but only temporarily. Now Trump is calling for the prosecution of Hillary--and facilitating it through Sessions, of all people.  (Trump/Sessions recently put Utah DA John Huber in place to take down the Clintons.  They are manifestly doomed now.)

Wait and see what happens over the near term, maybe even tomorrow!  We may see a flood of activity soon.

(It was the U.S. military that begged Trump to run for POTUS way back in 2015.  Try cranking that into your thinking.  [Look at how many military guys and gals he has on his staff.]  I submit that if Trump survives, he is likely going to blow the D.C. swamp to pieces.  Remember:  Our military is sworn to defend our Constitutional Republic "against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."  I believe they are going to drain the swamp.)

I hear what you are saying.  I have definitely adopted a wait-and-see approach to what Donald Trump does.  I just get sick of hearing his sycophants tooting horns and cheering when Trump does something decidedly un-Conservative.  If in the end we get a balanced budget, a flat tax on EVERYONE earning income, and an end to government interference in the health insurance market, then I will be shouting praises from the rooftops.  Yet on the first two, Trump has moved in the opposite direction while doing nothing on the third.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline the_doc

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2018, 07:13:27 pm »
I hear what you are saying.  I have definitely adopted a wait-and-see approach to what Donald Trump does.  I just get sick of hearing his sycophants tooting horns and cheering when Trump does something decidedly un-Conservative.  If in the end we get a balanced budget, a flat tax on EVERYONE earning income, and an end to government interference in the health insurance market, then I will be shouting praises from the rooftops.  Yet on the first two, Trump has moved in the opposite direction while doing nothing on the third.

Oh, I hear what you're saying, and I don't disagree.  I am not a Trump sycophant. 

My hope at this time is that Trump is merely taking what he and his war room advisors regard as a first-things-first approach.  This would appear to be a politically risky approach for November, since he is definitely pissing off the folks who wanted a balanced budget and an end to Obamacare--and a border wall, of course--but if he pulls off a spectacular counter-coup against the Deep State, including but not limited to successful prosecutions against the Clintons and perhaps even the Kenyan "POTUS," then the Dems could very well collapse in November and perhaps never recover in our generation. 

(Trump's longtime friend Dr. Corsi [author of Killing the Deep State] has even said that the Democratic Party is dead but just doesn't know it yet.  Qanon, an obviously authorized WH leaker with a high-level military security clearance, has repeatedly said TRUST THE PLAN.  Qanon has even specifically said TRUST SESSIONS.  [Practically every revelation by Qanon--including many stunning predictions that have come to pass--is at odds with the MSM narrative of what's really going on in the White House's political war room.  Even most "conservative" news outlets and pundits don't clearly understand what is going on.])
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:14:14 pm by the_doc »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 07:17:17 pm »

@Hoodat
If you don't win you can't change anything.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 07:37:56 pm »
@Hoodat

I forgot to mention in my Post #55 that a fair number of Republicans will be going to jail under THE PLAN that Qanon has been talking about.  There will also be a lot of international repercussions, too.  The D.C. swamp is actually the entire Deep State, which is both nationwide and worldwide.  According to Qanon, the whole mess of corruption and conspiracy is UNIMAGINABLY awful. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 07:53:48 pm »

That is EXACTLY what gambling addicts tell themselves, which is why they keep playing and losing - because they are convinced if they play the game long enough - even knowing the House has set the rules to always win - somehow they have the formula that can beat it.  Once they 'win' they can change everything.

But they don't.  The little victories here and there simply drag them deeper and deeper into the abyss where they drown.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »
That is EXACTLY what gambling addicts tell themselves, which is why they keep playing and losing - because they are convinced if they play the game long enough - even knowing the House has set the rules to always win - somehow they have the formula that can beat it.  Once they 'win' they can change everything.

But they don't.  The little victories here and there simply drag them deeper and deeper into the abyss where they drown.

Great analogy.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2018, 08:12:45 pm »

@INVAR
Thats a silly analogy.

A better analogy would be America refusing to fight in WWII because the available weapons weren't very good in many cases.  Heck some of the soldiers even drank and womanized!!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »
@INVAR
Thats a silly analogy.

Of course you'd say that.  Addicts are the very last people to admit they have a problem, because they refuse to see it.  They come up with other analogies and excuses to justify their behavior.

Just like you.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:11 pm »
@Hoodat

If you win by demonizing the person at the grass roots making the change while working to get those grass roots people defeated and ceding all your Party power to Establishment people, then you can't change anything.

The time to make the change was at the Convention.  Thanks to Trump, the Establishment got their way with EVERYTHING they set out to accomplish.  And thanks to Trump, we are stuck with the new Establishment set of rules in 2020.

Sure, Trump won.  But he also gave the Establishment even more power than they had in 2012.  And you backed it all 100%.  So save your fake concern for changing the Swamp.  You backed the Establishment all the way.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »
Of course you'd say that.  Addicts are the very last people to admit they have a problem, because they refuse to see it.  They come up with other analogies and excuses to justify their behavior.

Just like you.

@INVAR
So now I'm an addict eh.  Oh and a clear and present danger

but you got a plan right?   You and those that you lead without leadership

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:55 pm »
If you win by demonizing the person at the grass roots making the change while working to get those grass roots people defeated and ceding all your Party power to Establishment people, then you can't change anything.

The time to make the change was at the Convention.  Thanks to Trump, the Establishment got their way with EVERYTHING they set out to accomplish.  And thanks to Trump, we are stuck with the new Establishment set of rules in 2020.

Sure, Trump won.  But he also gave the Establishment even more power than they had in 2012.  And you backed it all 100%.  So save your fake concern for changing the Swamp.  You backed the Establishment all the way.

@Hoodat
Oh but he is changing lots of things.  Slowly in some cases but fairly quickly in others

The engine of the federal govt does not turn on a dime.

And what did I back 100%?    Or are  you full of shit

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2018, 08:33:33 pm »
@INVAR
So now I'm an addict eh.  Oh and a clear and present danger

If the shoe fits.

but you got a plan right?   You and those that you lead without leadership

I got a plan indeed.  And it does not include political leadership.  I'm not interested in being in charge of anything...political.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2018, 08:34:05 pm »
@Hoodat

If you win by sacrificing the principles you stand upon, you won't change anything... At least, not for the better.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 08:35:35 pm »
If you win by sacrificing the principles you stand upon, you won't change anything... At least, not for the better.

@roamer_1
Well we all know how irrelevant the losers are.   So I'll go with a winner and keep pushing for change.  At least there's a chance there.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2018, 08:37:01 pm »
If the shoe fits.

I got a plan indeed.  And it does not include political leadership.  I'm not interested in being in charge of anything...political.

@INVAR
blah blah blah blah

big talk and yet you've accomplished nothing, well other then alienate people.   Perhaps thats why your efforts inside the political system were a failure as well

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
@roamer_1
Well we all know how irrelevant the losers are.   So I'll go with a winner and keep pushing for change.  At least there's a chance there.

Exactly bass-ackwards, @driftdiver
because in fact, you've then 'won' nothing.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2018, 08:39:23 pm »
And what did I back 100%?    Or are  you full of shit

You backed Trump ceding all his delegates to the RNC while demonizing the person trying to overthrow it.  So now that we're stuck with even more Party rules cementing power to the GOPe (thanks to Donald Trump and his supporters), tell me how you think Trump will be able to change all that in 2020?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2018, 08:39:52 pm »
If the shoe fits.

Hmmm...you have a little 'Magnificent Seven' going on there, @INVAR ??   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:25 pm »
Exactly bass-ackwards, @driftdiver
because in fact, you've then 'won' nothing.

@roamer_1
ahh lets see

Lower taxes = win
Judge Gorsuch = win
Out of TPP = Win
Illegal immigration down = win
economy up = win
Out of Paris accord = win
Cut UN Spending = win
more jobs = win
stock market up = win
reduced govt regulations = win
ISIS killed = win
Reverse Dodd Frank = win
Stopped NFL from disrespecting the nation = win
Pardon De Souza = win
Made it easier to fire VA workers = win
Peace talks with North Korea = Win

theres more but none of this would have happened with Hillary

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2018, 08:46:17 pm »
You backed Trump ceding all his delegates to the RNC while demonizing the person trying to overthrow it.  So now that we're stuck with even more Party rules cementing power to the GOPe (thanks to Donald Trump and his supporters), tell me how you think Trump will be able to change all that in 2020?

@Hoodat
Really?  You got some proof of that?   Or are you just makin shit up as usual

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:45 pm »
@Hoodat
Of course Cruz could barely win a primary let alone the White House.   I like Cruz but he couldn't win.  Winners make the rules.

Cruz was doing fine.  Not sure why you say that he couldn't win when you can't possibly know that and the facts say otherwise.