Author Topic: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »
Okey Dokey....   while your at it , if you want to gauge the trump ass kissing equation would you like to discuss staff turnover rates of say the past POTUS since the  post watergate years?

So I blow your half assed argument out of the water and now you're on to some non sequitur. What does staff turn over have to do with an ineffectual AG? Oh yeah. Nothing. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 04:02:20 pm »
Sorry Trump but I'm wishing I voted third party right about now. We all have regrets don't we?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 04:19:26 pm »
Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions

As do I.  Unfortunately, that was back when you were deeply in bed with the GOP Establishment while your staunchest supporters lied about how you were going to drain the swamp.  Maybe if you hadn't appointed Mr. Establishment himself - Reince Priebus - as your chief of staff, we could have gotten someone with executive experience who actually knew how to run a Department of lawyers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 04:24:02 pm »
As do I.  Unfortunately, that was back when you were deeply in bed with the GOP Establishment while your staunchest supporters lied about how you were going to drain the swamp.  Maybe if you hadn't appointed Mr. Establishment himself - Reince Priebus - as your chief of staff, we could have gotten someone with executive experience who actually knew how to run a Department of lawyers.

He had to pick Reince, remember - that was part of the Convention set-up.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 04:26:55 pm »
If Sessions goes who is next? Rudy?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

debrawiest

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 04:50:41 pm »
Fine if you want to change staff again.  Speak about it with your advisors. Run it past your wife. But cease the juvenile tweeting about it. Act like a grown up, just this once.  **nononono*

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »
Apparently, the latest product from his Charlottesville vineyard is Bitchin' Wine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 05:55:35 pm »
Trump didn't pick Sessions' name out of a hat. Sessions had to be recommended by a person or by people not doing proper groundwork.

It was probably the cost of him endorsing Trump over Cruz.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 05:57:57 pm »

Well he was out at Mt. Vernon earlier today.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 06:00:21 pm »

Rosenstein

The Senate won't confirm anyone.

Offline bilo

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 06:04:59 pm »
Fine if you want to change staff again.  Speak about it with your advisors. Run it past your wife. But cease the juvenile tweeting about it. Act like a grown up, just this once.  **nononono*

What's the big rush to go back to the "faculty lounge" days. We had 8 years of that crap and it was terrible.

I have no problem with the turmoil. A lot of good things are getting done.

For all the criticism of Trump's lack of style he's been very good on foreign policy and defense. The failures in the domestic agenda rest more with the Pubs in Congress than with Pres. Trump.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 10:11:28 pm »
Good grief!!! It's about time he figured this one out.  I still would love to know who advised him to pick him in the first place.  Sessions was bought and paid for a long, long time ago and Trump is just now figuring this one out? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 10:38:42 pm »
What's the big rush to go back to the "faculty lounge" days. We had 8 years of that crap and it was terrible.

I have no problem with the turmoil. A lot of good things are getting done.

For all the criticism of Trump's lack of style he's been very good on foreign policy and defense. The failures in the domestic agenda rest more with the Pubs in Congress than with Pres. Trump.

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 01:05:46 am »
Good grief!!! It's about time he figured this one out.  I still would love to know who advised him to pick him in the first place.  Sessions was bought and paid for a long, long time ago and Trump is just now figuring this one out?

Who recommended him?  Here's your answer.....

Giuliani had hoped to be in Trump’s Cabinet but not as attorney general, he said. “He offered it to me,” Giuliani said. “I didn’t take it because I wanted to be secretary of state. I recommended Jeff [Sessions] as the perfect guy to do it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-says-he-might-have-recused-himself-from-russia-probe-too/ar-AAy1M6J?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 03:29:29 am »

Who recommended him?  Here's your answer.....

Giuliani had hoped to be in Trump’s Cabinet but not as attorney general, he said. “He offered it to me,” Giuliani said. “I didn’t take it because I wanted to be secretary of state. I recommended Jeff [Sessions] as the perfect guy to do it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-says-he-might-have-recused-himself-from-russia-probe-too/ar-AAy1M6J?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

Thanks for the info.  I had to briefly chuckle as I was shaking my head.  It all makes perfect sense now as to why Giuliani is again in the picture.  I'd say, Trump got himself into another pickle for picking the WRONG darn person!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 03:51:43 am »
Thanks for the info.  I had to briefly chuckle as I was shaking my head.  It all makes perfect sense now as to why Giuliani is again in the picture.  I'd say, Trump got himself into another pickle for picking the WRONG darn person!!

Yeah, I'm a bit at a loss to understand why you'd bring in the guy who gave you such 'bad advice' to help you when things are at higher stakes.  Besides, whatever you think of Sessions, as a member of the campaign, he didn't have much choice to recuse, based on rules of conduct set up by federal law.

CFR › Title 28 › Chapter I › Part 45 › Section 45.2
28 CFR 45.2 - Disqualification arising from personal or political relationship.

Authorities (U.S. Code)

§ 45.2 Disqualification arising from personal or political relationship.
(a) Unless authorized under paragraph (b) of this section, no employee shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with:

(1) Any person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/45.2

Had the position been taken by Giuliani, he probably would have found himself in the same predicament.  He somewhat defended Sessions for doing it.

Giuliani added that when Sessions first recused himself from any oversight of investigations into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, he told Trump he wasn’t sure how he would’ve handled it in Sessions's shoes. “I told the president at the time that I just didn’t know what I would have done,” Giuliani said.

http://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuliani-i-would-have-considered-recusal-russia-probe-950248?yptr=yahoo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:52:46 am by edpc »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 03:53:35 am »
I'll bet Sessions does, too.  (Just in case no one has already written that ;))
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 03:56:21 am »
I'll bet Sessions does, too.  (Just in case no one has already written that ;))

The door is always open, I'll bet.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 04:17:23 am »

Yeah, I'm a bit at a loss to understand why you'd bring in the guy who gave you such 'bad advice' to help you when things are at higher stakes.  Besides, whatever you think of Sessions, as a member of the campaign, he didn't have much choice to recuse, based on rules of conduct set up by federal law.

I knew Trump made a huge mistake appointing Sessions from the very beginning. Utilizing Giuliani was concerning to me as he was the one who leaked the e-mails during the campaign and now knowing that he recommended Sessions is even more troubling. 

Giuliani is only digging this hole of Trump's deeper.  I get the feeling that perhaps Trump has no one else he feels he can turn to.  Not good.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 05:08:32 am »
The door is always open, I'll bet.

@skeeter True, that.  But I think Sessions may feel like he can't "back down".  And of course, he's actually working on some of his favorite pet projects, like civil asset forfeiture ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2018, 05:27:51 am »
@skeeter True, that.  But I think Sessions may feel like he can't "back down".  And of course, he's actually working on some of his favorite pet projects, like civil asset forfeiture ;).
Like a real conservertismist.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 02:33:51 pm »
It was probably the cost of him endorsing Trump over Cruz.

Makes sense, because Cruz would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS let an Establishment hack like Priebus anywhere near his Administration.  And my blood still boils every time I hear one of these Trump Zealots with their "Drain the Swamp" October surprise, long after Trump had already cut a deal with the RNC powers of darkness.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »
Makes sense, because Cruz would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS let an Establishment hack like Priebus anywhere near his Administration.  And my blood still boils every time I hear one of these Trump Zealots with their "Drain the Swamp" October surprise, long after Trump had already cut a deal with the RNC powers of darkness.

A'int it the truth.  Add the fact we heard he was going to build this Yuge Wall.  Still waiting.....

My guess he's going to implement a Spinal Tap Stonehenge variety wall.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 05:36:02 pm »
A'int it the truth.  Add the fact we heard he was going to build this Yuge Wall.  Still waiting.....

My guess he's going to implement a Spinal Tap Stonehenge variety wall.

The wall will be built where possible and the border protection enhanced.

Like it, or not!  Trump's 'style' connected with the American People. 

While we may argue about his manner of 'delivery', the man has changed American politics...FOREVER!

In 2020, he'll have a clear record/resume.   And I say here right now, Jesus H. Christ couldn't beat him.

Buckle up!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 05:38:49 pm »

@Hoodat
Of course Cruz could barely win a primary let alone the White House.   I like Cruz but he couldn't win.  Winners make the rules.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.