Author Topic: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions  (Read 6271 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:06:57 pm »
Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions
By Mallory Shelbourne - 05/30/18 08:55 AM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday said he wishes he had picked someone other than Attorney General Jeff Sessions to oversee the Justice Department.

Trump in a series of tweets quoted House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), adding in the final tweet that wishes he had chosen someone else to lead the Justice Department.

"Rep.Trey Gowdy, 'I don’t think so, I think what the President is doing is expressing frustration that Attorney General Sessions should have shared these reasons for recusal before he took the job, not afterward. If I were the President and I picked someone to be the country’s...," the president wrote on Twitter quoting Gowdy.

"....chief law enforcement officer, and they told me later, ‘oh by the way I’m not going to be able to participate in the most important case in the office, I would be frustrated too...and that’s how I read that - Senator Sessions, why didn’t you tell me before I picked you.........There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else!' And I wish I did!" Trump added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/389842-trump-i-wish-i-picked-someone-other-than-sessions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Trump: I wish I picked someone other than Sessions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »
Jeff Sessions has been a wonderful Attorney General, one of the best ever. However, due to family commitments and health concerns he has communicated to me his desire to retire early. This is unfortunate, however I feel obligated to honor his wishes especially since he always has been a close friend of mine and always will be. I wish Jeff nothing but good health and success in all of his future endeavors.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:14:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 01:15:12 pm »
If you're that regretful Mr. President...ask for the man's resignation.  Show some class and quit embarrassing your AG and yourself with these bullying and abusive tweets.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 01:16:54 pm »

Trump didn't pick Sessions' name out of a hat. Sessions had to be recommended by a person or by people not doing proper groundwork.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:31:14 pm »
This is something we've known and agreed with for over a year.  We also know all of the reasons why the President cannot fire the AG without a severe backlash from the Demonrats and their compatriots across the aisle.

Must be a slow news day.   :shrug:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 01:36:52 pm »
If you're that regretful Mr. President...ask for the man's resignation.  Show some class and quit embarrassing your AG and yourself with these bullying and abusive tweets.

Trump won't  stop.  Those tweets entertain his fans and keep them iinterested in him.  If he quit those ridiculous tweets, the fans might their entertainment elsewhere and his ego couldn't take that.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 01:37:31 pm »
I thought he always picked the best and the brightest.  Wasn’t that a selling point for Trump?  Just another lie. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 01:37:32 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 01:50:38 pm »
Once it was announced that Flynn had to go for lying to Pence.  A cooked up story.   Then Sessions had no choice but to acknowledge that he had in fact met with Kislyak several times during the transition after at first denying those meetings.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »

Truth!  No shame.  Trashing the people he chooses.  "only the best"  he said.  He goes through his best like dirty laundry.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »
This is something we've known and agreed with for over a year.  We also know all of the reasons why the President cannot fire the AG without a severe backlash from the Demonrats and their compatriots across the aisle.

Must be a slow news day.   :shrug:

Slow news day?  Trump is the one making this news.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 02:36:48 pm »

I agree. This is asinine for him to belittle someone working for him, who he chose. This is as much if not more a condemnation of himself. Sessions has always been transparent who he is.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 02:44:41 pm »
Trump only wants ass kissing Yes Men/Women.

Main prerequisite for any employment in the Trump machine.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 02:52:38 pm »
Dear President Trump:  Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see what you have more of.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »
Dear President Trump:  Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see what you have more of.

@LottieDah

If he did that he would have one of @RoosGirl sammiches
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 03:06:13 pm »
Trump only wants ass kissing Yes Men/Women.

Main prerequisite for any employment in the Trump machine.

Um, yeah. Can you tell me what President didn't want people on their team in these positions?

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 03:07:25 pm »
@LottieDah

If he did that he would have one of @RoosGirl sammiches

Wishes and crap...Sure smells like Republicanism to me.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:54 pm »
Um, yeah. Can you tell me what President didn't want people on their team in these positions?

All of them.  They may not want contrarians, but they do those who can provide candid feedback.  DJT does not have that ability.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »
All of them.  They may not want contrarians, but they do those who can provide candid feedback.  DJT does not have that ability.

Yeah right. Candid feedback. That sure does describe Alberto Gonzoles, Eric Holder, Janet Reno et al. Really independent minded people there. It isn't like Holder isn't running around pushing his ex-bosses agenda as we speak.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 03:20:25 pm »

If you read presidential biographies, you'll see most didn't want 'yes men' (LBJ and Obama were exceptions). They wanted advisers who would be honest and challenge them, not blindly reinforce what they want. For most presidents, their cabinet was considered a brain trust of experts, not a cheerleading squad.

That is what makes a very strong team.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 03:29:57 pm »
Yeah right. Candid feedback. That sure does describe Alberto Gonzoles, Eric Holder, Janet Reno et al. Really independent minded people there. It isn't like Holder isn't running around pushing his ex-bosses agenda as we speak.

Okey Dokey....   while your at it , if you want to gauge the trump ass kissing equation would you like to discuss staff turnover rates of say the past POTUS since the  post watergate years?

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 03:40:26 pm »
If you read presidential biographies, you'll see most didn't want 'yes men' (LBJ and Obama were exceptions). They wanted advisers who would be honest and challenge them, not blindly reinforce what they want. For most presidents, their cabinet was considered a brain trust of experts, not a cheerleading squad.

Pretty sure Sessions is exactly where the Prez want's him...a recused AG (virtually handcuffed), and NOT
sitting in the Senate. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 03:59:18 pm »

Yeah, and we all know how solid and truthful Presidential biographies are. It's not like they are liefests to make the subject look like a brilliant genius.

How about we look at actual results. Alberto Gonzoles was some sort of brain trust......or was he one of Bush's yes men he drug out of Texas? Oh yeah. He was Bush's own effing lawyer when he was Gov of Texas. Real strong shit there Jackson.