Author Topic: San Francisco mulls ban on flavored vaping liquids, menthols  (Read 506 times)

rangerrebew

San Francisco mulls ban on flavored vaping liquids, menthols
May 28, 2018 by Olga R. Rodriguez

A major tobacco company is pumping millions of dollars into a campaign to persuade San Francisco voters to reject a ban on selling flavored tobacco products, including menthol cigarettes, certain chewing tobaccos and vaping liquids with flavors like cotton candy, mango and cool cucumber.

R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. has contributed nearly $12 million to the "No on Proposition E" campaign, filling television and radio airwaves and mailboxes with ads urging voters to reject a law supervisors approved last year that is now on the June 5 ballot.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-05-san-francisco-mulls-flavored-vaping.html

rangerrebew

Re: San Francisco mulls ban on flavored vaping liquids, menthols
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:36:19 pm »
How thoughtful.  A city that allows people to poop and pee in public and leave it on the streets, that gives clean needles to junkies, allows homeless people to camp out on city property, and is a sanctuary city is concerned about flavored vaping liquids? :pondering:  I think they have other things to worry about first.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »
How thoughtful.  A city that allows people to poop and pee in public and leave it on the streets, that gives clean needles to junkies, allows homeless people to camp out on city property, and is a sanctuary city is concerned about flavored vaping liquids? :pondering:  I think they have other things to worry about first.

Places circling the drain usually concern themselves with nonsense to keep from dealing with the real issues.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »
Vaping bad, you need to smoke weed, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed myan. Yeah, weed! Weed good. Vaping, nicotine and tobacco bad.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 03:48:19 pm »
Vaping bad, you need to smoke weed, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed myan. Yeah, weed! Weed good. Vaping, nicotine and tobacco bad.

All smoking is bad and don't forget about the second hand pollution as well. San Fran prefers citizens to mainline heroin.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »
All smoking is bad and don't forget about the second hand pollution as well. San Fran prefers citizens to mainline heroin.

Even better! Heroin has none of the bad side effects of vaping. How super double secret funky coffee shop sly genius cool of them!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:43:15 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »
Gavin Gruesome for Gov! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."