Author Topic: Trump told Sessions to reverse his decision to recuse in Russia probe: report  (Read 1828 times)

Offline endicom

...I was thinking about actual obstruction of justice...

As you should have since this began with @Once-Ler not going to prison for Trump.

Offline bilo

I imagine Trump will probably split the baby this summer, by keeping Mueller and firing Rosenswine.  Sessions will be given the choice of taking over the oversight of Mueller, or will be asked to leave so he can get someone in who will.

I don't think so. Pres. Trump has been undercut by the Pubs in the Senate that have made it clear they won't confirm a new AG if Sessions is fired. As it stands if Pres. Trump fires Sessions he is stuck with Rosenstein as acting AG.

What makes this even more irritating is there is no crime to be investigated or prosecuted. The chief executive can fire dept heads any time he wants to and doing so is not obstruction. The Russian investigation fell apart once people realized they couldn't change the actual votes cast and running misleading advertising is not a crime. All we are left with is an attempt by the swamp to find, or create, a process crime.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As you should have since this began with @Once-Ler not going to prison for Trump.
@endicom

Do you believe only the guilty go to prison?  [raises eyebrow]

...perhaps you do.

Offline endicom

@endicom

Do you believe only the guilty go to prison?  [raises eyebrow]

...perhaps you do.

You'll never get the Cy Young with these changeups.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think so. Pres. Trump has been undercut by the Pubs in the Senate that have made it clear they won't confirm a new AG if Sessions is fired. As it stands if Pres. Trump fires Sessions he is stuck with Rosenstein as acting AG.

I think it's reasonable to believe Trump would never allow Rosenswine to have that job.  If he decides to sack Sessions, Rosy's going out that door first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

I think it's reasonable to believe Trump would never allow Rosenswine to have that job.  If he decides to sack Sessions, Rosy's going out that door first.

I think it's impossible for him to fire Rosenstein while Mule head is still conducting his witch hunt. The Senate will go nuts and there aren't enough Pubs with any backbone to stop a shut down of everything. It's a big reason Trump doesn't fire Sessions.

Sessions really stuck a knife in Trump's back when he recussed himself.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it's impossible for him to fire Rosenstein while Mule head is still conducting his witch hunt. The Senate will go nuts and there aren't enough Pubs with any backbone to stop a shut down of everything. It's a big reason Trump doesn't fire Sessions.

Sessions really stuck a knife in Trump's back when he recussed himself.

Yup.  The only upside for Trump is if he gets exonerated by a crew that really hates him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevindavis wrote:
"Last time I checked, the AG of the United States is not the President's personal attorney."

Last time I checked, the attorney general serves at the pleasure of the president and can be removed at any time.

Having said that, I believe the right course of action is for Mr. Sessions to submit his resignation. If he really believes he must recuse himself from the most important "investigation" of the Trump tenure... then perhaps he is not the man to be leading that branch of government.