Author Topic: ‘We’re stuck’: The Syrians stranded in airports around the world  (Read 443 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘We’re stuck’: The Syrians stranded in airports around the world
Turned away at borders and denied visas, refugees fleeing Syria's war have found themselves stuck in locations across the globe

Syrian refugees looking for safe and legal routes find themselves trapped (MEE/Kaamil Ahmed)

Kaamil Ahmed
Monday 28 May 2018 12:00 UTC

As a child, Hassan al-Kontar studied the atlas his father gave him, memorising the names of countries and their capitals. As an adult, cut adrift from his homeland by Syria’s long civil war, he realised most of those countries were closed to him.

But he needed to find somewhere because returning to Syria was not an option; it would mean prison for refusing a call-up to the Syrian army to fight in a war he abhorred.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/we-re-stuck-passports-and-policy-stranding-syrians-airports-1549688369

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I am sympathetic to their problems, this is one reason, I think Assad shares some responsibility in all of this. If those countries in the 2nd image above, accept refugees, I guess, there is a place to send them. Maybe help fund that... but as of now, a lot of Westerners do not want to take the risk. Those in the picture, all of some of them, may be peaceful enough. Obviously, in general, wherever Islam goes, you have problems, England, Netherlands, France, Sri Lanka, Burma, Phillipines, even the USA.

Those faces too, I have compassion, they are getting a crummy deal as well.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:12:44 am by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Guess they need to stand their ground and fight for what they believe in rather than thrusting themselves onto others.

We did it in this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington