Author Topic: Judge calls for 10in pointed kitchen knives to be ground down to a rounded end after hearing three s  (Read 1253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge calls for 10in pointed kitchen knives to be ground down to a rounded end after hearing three serious stabbing cases in last three months

Ideas come from Judge Nic Madge, who jailed Jordon Worth, 22, for inflicting a catalogue of injuries on her boyfriend including stabbing him
    Judge Madge said was was the points of ordinary kitchen knives that was causing the soaring loss of life among youngsters
    Says members of the public could take their kitchen knives to be 'modified' and the points ground down into rounded ends

By Laura Forsyth For Mailonline

Published: 08:59 EDT, 27 May 2018 | Updated: 08:59 EDT, 27 May 2018

A judge has called for a drastic rethink on the way we use knives in kitchens in a bid to reduce the number of young men dying on our streets because of knife crime.

And he has come up with an idea for a scheme that could be rolled out across the UK where members of the public could take their kitchen knives to be 'modified' and the points ground down into rounded ends.

This comes from Judge Nic Madge, who last month jailed Jordon Worth, of Stewartby, Bedfordshire, for seven-and-a-half years after she inflicted a catalogue of injuries on her boyfriend Alex Skeel.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5776629/Judge-calls-drastic-rethink-way-use-knives-kitchens-stabbing-cases.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Is the spork safe from the UK's newest crackdown on cutlery?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

Well, unless you dull the edges as well, they’ll still be plenty of slashing injuries. 

Obviously, this judge is a elitist snot who has all his meals cooked for him, and who has never done much for himself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:50:09 pm by Oceander »

Offline RoosGirl

I think the judge also needs to order every British subject into long-term anger management therapy along with a lifetime supply of Valium.  In order to make sure everyone complies everyone will have to pay for a gov't approved nanny.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I think the judge also needs to order every British subject into long-term anger management therapy along with a lifetime supply of Valium.  In order to make sure everyone complies everyone will have to pay for a gov't approved nanny.

The whole unfortunate nation is already paying Jizya.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Offline Frank Cannon

The whole unfortunate nation is already paying Jizya.

Aren't we paying the Jiz to Egypt?

Offline roamer_1

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Silly liberals.
Better outlaw grinders and even files, because it would take literal minutes to put the point back on.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I agree that the judge must be some kind of pampered elitist fool, who has never used a knife or a common tool his entire life. Rounding or flattening the point of a knife does nothing to decrease how deadly it can be. Some people prefer a rounded end on a weapon because it tends to make a broader cut. Historically, the reason weapons were pointed was to be able to pierce armor and chain mail. I don't think that will be an issue in most places these days.

A screwdriver, a chisel, an icepick, all make excellent weapons and would also have to be banned. A prisoner can make a knife out of a toothbrush. So even if England banned every sharp object in the whole country, people would simply make their own weapons out of anything/everything including a sharp rock.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Polly Ticks

This judge is not very sharp.

It had to be said.  I'm sorry.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

HA! I shall chortle now.
 888high58888

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Someone should explain to this moron Judge, it's not the point that kills you. It is the whole 'getting stabbed' part that does most of the damage.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

Someone should explain to this moron Judge, it's not the point that kills you. It is the whole 'getting stabbed' part that does most of the damage.

Penetration is greatly reduced with a blunted point.  Your examples were sharpened; the judge is clearly speaking not only of rounding but of blunting.  While this wouldn't eliminate the threat, it would reduce it quite a bit. . .  and prevent many people from using knives in self-defense.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Penetration is greatly reduced with a blunted point.  Your examples were sharpened; the judge is clearly speaking not only of rounding but of blunting.  While this wouldn't eliminate the threat, it would reduce it quite a bit. . .  and prevent many people from using knives in self-defense.
@Suppressed

Blunting any of my examples would effectively render them useless pieces of metal.

Oceander

No, he only talked about blunting the point, not the entire knife. 

Offline Just_Victor

With enough force any shape object can penetrate human skin.  A sphere in the most blunt shape possible, and yet a musket ball can do plenty of harm.  I recall seeing a case where unsharpened steel rebar was used to stab someone.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.