Author Topic: New data from Pew: Americans turning more negative on refugee resettlement  (Read 360 times)

rangerrebew

New data from Pew: Americans turning more negative on refugee resettlement

Posted by Ann Corcoran on May 27, 2018

Most of the media blames the change in attitude on Trump’s rhetoric, but I think there has been a sea change in media reporting.  There is more and more news available to the general public about the kinds of things I mentioned in my previous post this morning—stories about refugees scamming our welfare programs for example that previously were not published, but are now spread widely by social media!
Erol Kekic with mug

Erol Kekic of Church World Service:  “We have seen an unfortunate rise in xenophobia globally.”

Ten years ago (nearly 11 now) when I first began writing this blog, stories in the media about refugees were in the genre I called ‘Refugees see first snow’ stories!  All were meant to paint refugees in only the most glowing terms.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2018/05/27/new-data-from-pew-americans-turning-more-negative-on-refugee-resettlement/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hate to say to lefties, "I told you so!"   But...lefties, I told you so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I hate to say to lefties, "I told you so!"   But...lefties, I told you so.

One hopes they Keep riding that train!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."