Author Topic: Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate  (Read 1321 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:36:11 pm »
Oh man....

As Arizonans prepare for their final salute to Sen. John McCain, Republicans and political pundits in the state privately tell Newsmax they expect the appointment of his wife, Cindy, to succeed him in the Senate.

Of course, no one in the Grand Canyon State who spoke to us wants to go on record discussing what will happen when the ailing McCain no longer holds his seat. But those who did agree, almost unanimously, that Cindy McCain following John in the Senate through appointment by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey is a near-certainty.

"I've always assumed that was the arrangement," said a friend of the McCain family since John's 1973 return from captivity in Vietnam.

A former Republican senator who served with McCain agreed.

"I don't know if this [succession] has been formalized, but that's what people who know John tell me."

(Both of those who spoke to Newsmax did so under promise of anonymity).

One source close to the McCain family said supporters of the senator have quietly let Gov. Ducey know Cindy is the choice of "Team McCain."

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/cindy-mccain-succeed-john/2018/05/28/id/862742/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:38:45 pm »
She only has to pretend he's still alive for a couple more days.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 04:43:06 pm »
Just tell Cindy to Prop his ass up in a chair and let the magic of primary flaccidity followed rigor mortis do its job.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:07:08 pm »
Hell .. in 1999 the House of Lords ended hereditary Peers' right to pass membership down through family.  Are we now going to pick up this tradition???

I'm going to hold out hope that Newsmax just has this wrong.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 05:09:44 pm »
Alright. Another pill popping doper in the Senate. She'll fit right in.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 05:17:09 pm »
Not sure about the legality of this. If a Senator dies in office, their spouse or children take over? This the way it was done in England. This is how it is done in dictatorships all over the world. This is how the House of Lords worked in Britain.

At least we know now who was writing all those, "a statement issued by John McCain", while he was in the ICU. Those were his wife's statements and opinions. Not his. Again, I question the legality of all of this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:21:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:21:17 pm »
Not sure about the legality of this. If a Senator dies in office, their spouse or children take over? This the way it was done in England. This is how it is done in dictatorships all over the world. This is how the House of Lords works in Britain.

At least we know now who was writing all those, "a statement issued by John McCain", while he was in the ICU. Those were his wife's statements and opinions. Not his. Again, I question the legality of all of this.

Arizona law; if John kicks it on June 1 or later, the Governor can appoint someone who will hold the office until the next election.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 05:23:11 pm »
Arizona law; if John kicks it on June 1 or later, the Governor can appoint someone who will hold the office until the next election.

But the governor is pro-Trump. The McCains are pro-Che Guevara. Wouldn't the governor appoint someone else? I'm confused?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »
But the governor is pro-Trump. The McCains are pro-Che Guevara. Wouldn't the governor appoint someone else? I'm confused?

Depends on the power "Team McCain" still has in the state.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 05:29:11 pm »
Depends on the power "Team McCain" still has in the state.

If Ducey follows through on replacing McCain with McCain, he will be risking his seat. Judging from the falling popularity of McCain/Flake, this would not go over well with the voters.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 05:58:00 pm »
If Ducey follows through on replacing McCain with McCain, he will be risking his seat. Judging from the falling popularity of McCain/Flake, this would not go over well with the voters.

^^^^^^^^^^ This. It will certainly piss this AZ voter off enough to refuse to vote for him ever again.  He would be lucky to win the Primary.  Here's an unreported secret about AZ politics:  The State Party hates McCain because of his years spent using our bodies as his personal red carpet.  He's been censured at the State Party Convention at least once.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:59:18 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:41 pm »
I predicted that EXACTLY this was going to happen -- by "pre-arrangement" -- months ago.

Let's see how things play out after this coming Thursday...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:09 pm »
I predicted that EXACTLY this was going to happen -- by "pre-arrangement" -- months ago.

Let's see how things play out after this coming Thursday...

You did, and. I'm watching too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:33 pm »
We have an oligarchy

http://youtu.be/FtDdVq3xFi4
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:48 pm »
   I thought it preposterous also @Fishrrman when his diagnoses was reported months ago and Cynthia's name was floating about.
   He's been in DC since 82, surviving 8 (term limited) Governors.
   Like John Cornyn is to Texas, he is the Arizona GOP!
   It suxs, for Arizonians.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:07 pm »
Ducey would make a mockery of America if he does this. We would be no better than any two-bit banana republic if this happens. Castro said, "Sie. Puedo morir. Pero vivire mas alla de la muerte con mi hermano."

"Yes. I may die. But my brother will replace me. I will live beyond death in my brother."

Is America now like Cuba? Is the American Senate now the 'House of Lords?' Is Cindy McCain the new Raul Castro!?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:12:56 pm by 240B »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:18 pm »
Ducey will be a one term Governor if he pulls this.  One and Done.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 11:15:39 am »
Better her than Chemtrail Kelli and Birther Joe
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 02:53:03 pm »
Gee, you would think that Arizona would want someone in that seat to represent the interests of the State of Arizona instead of some egotistical schmuck hellbent on using the powers of that seat exclusively to exact some personal vendetta against a fellow Party member at the expense of the people of Arizona.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:06 pm »
Better her than Chemtrail Kelli and Birther Joe

That's a different Senate Seat (a good chance the Dems pick that one up.  Flake is doing everything in his power to sabotage the GOP).  We have two seats up for grabs in AZ, one is Flake's seat and the other is McPain's.  McPain's is the one that's the topic here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 04:29:23 pm »
Arizona Republicans need to contact their Gov and let him know that putting Cindy in the Senate seat means one less vote for him next election.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »
Is America now like Cuba? Is the American Senate now the 'House of Lords?' Is Cindy McCain the new Raul Castro!?

Apparently yes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 07:08:10 pm »
McCains = one power-hungry family. Even in death, he won't relinquish his seat. What a crappy legacy McCain leaves.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 07:26:50 pm »
Arizona Republicans need to contact their Gov and let him know that putting Cindy in the Senate seat means one less vote for him next election.

Good idea...after work, if I get out at a reasonable time.  BTW, the number is:  (602) 542-4331 in case some of the other AZ folks want to get on this.   Remember the rule!  Be polite!

Email:  engage@az.gov

Folks with IPs that are in AZ, please....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 09:11:26 pm »
 :3: