Author Topic: Chelsea Manning 'safe' after tweeting alarming photo hinting at suicide  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Damn! It's bugging me now. I know that photo. But I can't place it. I've seen it before but I can't remember when or how?

It's Evelyn McHale, from 1947.

from r/WTF

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1w8bhq/a_beautiful_suicide_23yo_evelyn_mchale_jumped/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

Evelyn McHale ended her life on the 1st of May 1947 by jumping from the Empire State building. Photography student  Robert Wiles took a last sad image of her which was then published in Life magazine at the tim

That makes sense. I saw it on one of those clickbait sites, 20 most spectacular deaths, or something like that. The issue was how perfectly she is posed. Like it was staged. The crossed legs. The one hand to the chin. Thank you for telling me that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yep..that's alarming...

That only looks to be from the 4th or 4th floor.  Not a sure thing especially with a car to break the fall.  He will more than likely just be severely injured and paralyzed.

I don't wish suicide on him.  He should still be in jail or perhaps executed for treason.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Photography student  Robert Wiles took a last sad image of her which was then published in Life magazine at the time.

There's some irony.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

Depends on his handicap and the course rating.

! No longer available

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He's a traitor who leaked highly sensitive information.  My sympathy has dried up.

Ditto. If he had sought mental health assistance instead of parading around as a woman, which he is not, this wouldn't have happened. Accepting this sickness and calling him by female pronouns is not helpful. His lunacy was bound to get worse.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

That only looks to be from the 4th or 4th floor.  Not a sure thing especially with a car to break the fall.  He will more than likely just be severely injured and paralyzed.

I don't wish suicide on him.  He should still be in jail or perhaps executed for treason.

She jumped from the 86th floor observation platform.  The car did, indeed, break her fall.  It would have been far messier on the pavement.

Her note:

I don't want anyone in or out of my family to see any part of me. Could you destroy my body by cremation? I beg of you and my family – don't have any service for me or remembrance for me. My fiance asked me to marry him in June. I don't think I would make a good wife for anybody. He is much better off without me. Tell my father, I have too many of my mother's tendencies.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
She jumped from the 86th floor observation platform.  The car did, indeed, break her fall.  It would have been far messier on the pavement.

Her note:

I think DD was talking about the height of the manning photo being 4 or so stories to hit the two SUV's.  Not Ms McHale's 86 th floor swan dive.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think DD was talking about the height of the manning photo being 4 or so stories to hit the two SUV's.  Not Ms McHale's 86 th floor swan dive.

I got it right away. Four stories is guaranteed to physically mess you up, but it is not guaranteed to kill you. He may wind up crippled in various ways for the rest of his life making everything that much worse.

I deal a lot with the VA, and the VA is obsessed with suicide these days. During any screening process, it is common for them to ask if you have considered or attempted suicide. I always tell them that I would never attempt suicide. If I ever decided to kill myself, I would be dead.

Imagine being depressed enough to kill yourself, and then all you do is screw that up on top of everything else. I would be embarrassed to death if that ever happened to me.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

I've seen guys play like that before. It is because they are stoned or drunk. Check his golf bag. I'll bet you find a fifth of something in there.

I'd of thought Johnnie Walker would have gone along better with the Black and Red SUV theme.....

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'd of thought Johnnie Walker would have gone along better with the Black and Red SUV theme.....

Johnnie Walker has dozens of labels. The most expensive is Gold Label which can be up to $1200 a bottle. Blue Label is a notch down at about $500 a bottle depending.
Check it out.
https://www.reservebar.com/scotch/johnnie-walker

Offline Suppressed

Thanks.  I can see that quite clearly now!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Thanks.  I can see that quite clearly now!

Gone are the dark clouds?

It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day

:)
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Let's review:
- Uses a Lady Gaga CD to smuggle government secrets for no other reason than pure spite
- Comes out as gay
- Is court-martialed and imprisoned
- Comes out as trans and insists on being identified as a woman named Chelsea
- Gets a presidential pardon from Obama
- Runs for public office on a longshot primary bid
- Threatens to commit suicide

I'm at a loss. First of all, he should be in jail, and we should not be indulging in his fantasies, because pretending that he is somehow a she is obviously not helping his mental state. Second, could you be more of a beggar for attention than this guy?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

I'm at a loss. First of all, he should be in jail, and we should not be indulging in his fantasies, because pretending that he is somehow a she is obviously not helping his mental state. Second, could you be more of a beggar for attention than this guy?
I quite agree. But what can be done with people who are so very mentally disturbed anymore, now that it appears all the state hospitals have been shut down - and especially when political correctness has decreed that mental illness isn't mental illness anymore?  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
Whew, get *him* to a safe space right away.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He's a traitor who leaked highly sensitive information.  My sympathy has dried up.

He's (or she, whatever) also one of the worst, most intolerant SJW's out there.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's (or she, whatever) also one of the worst, most intolerant SJW's out there.

It's legal to be an intolerant SJW, but I have a problem with Bradley Manning being a traitor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If that smashed fruit had been found on the sidewalk, I would have immediately suspected this guy.......

@edpc
Used to like Gallagher, then I met him, what an egotistical ass................I think he could even give Trump lessons!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc
Used to like Gallagher, then I met him, what an egotistical ass................I think he could even give Trump lessons!

Was it him, or his brother?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

@edpc

With the exception of Chris Ledoux and Moe Bandy, pretty much every person I have ever met, made famous by media, is a d*ck. I think it is a prerequisite.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
With the exception of Chris Ledoux and Moe Bandy, pretty much every person I have ever met, made famous by media, is a d*ck. I think it is a prerequisite.

@roamer_1

I never met them personally,but I do know people who had met Steve McQueen and claimed he was just a regular guy away from the movie set. Same for Lee Marvin and George Kennedy. McQueen was said to be kinda laid back,but Lee Marvin or George Kennedy would put you on your ass if you mouthed off on them back in his drinking days. Kennedy was said to be one of the nicest people you could hope to meet once he got his wild days behind him.

Martha Raye was just a regular broad away from the movie set,too. She could also drink most men under the table,and was pretty close to being fearless. She was a Army nurse,and was known to sit out battles at remote SF camps in VN in order to treat the wounded. She pretty much treated everybody the same,from Colonel to buck sgt,and took no crap from anyone.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:06:21 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I never met them personally,but I do know people who had met Steve McQueen and claimed he was just a regular guy away from the movie set. Same for Lee Marvin and George Kennedy. McQueen was said to be kinda laid back,but Lee Marvin or George Kennedy would put you on your ass if you mouthed off on them back in his drinking days. Kennedy was said to be one of the nicest people you could hope to meet once he got his wild days behind him.

@sneakypete

Dunno about them - But I used to be a grip and do security for big venues hereabout, and that is where I lost all respect for famous folks... You might say I have a decided bias against them. Wherever there's a crowd around em, I am headed the other way.

Offline Frank Cannon

I've met Aiden Quinn, Robert Goulet and Chi Chi Rodreguez. They were all cool people, except Aiden stank like a brewery. Had a beer with Tom Ridge once too. His ear pieces are distracting as hell.

Offline roamer_1

I've met Aiden Quinn, Robert Goulet and Chi Chi Rodreguez. They were all cool people, except Aiden stank like a brewery. Had a beer with Tom Ridge once too. His ear pieces are distracting as hell.

We are a 'summer home' destination for the rich and famous... So I was the paint contractor for quite a few too... I will stand by what I say - 'Good folks' are the exception in that crowd...

Less so with captains of industry - Still mostly d*cks, but the ones who were self made tend to be regular guys.

And one particular mob boss... Great guy. Lonesome. Golden cage kind of thing. Mamma made the full meal deal for all of the vetted contractors every night, and loved doing it. She never gets to cook like that, she says... And the old man, a magnificent host... and I got my pay in a lunch bucket every friday. Generally about 5 of us would make it through to drinks and cigars on the porch, and talk with him late into the evening.