Author Topic: 4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:57:22 pm »
4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox

What you eat (and don't eat) can reduce signs of aging, nutricosmetics research shows.
By Joan Salge Blake, Contributor May 3, 2018, at 10:59 a.m.

Take one look at your high school yearbook picture and then look at your reflection in the mirror. What you are about to read is going to explain the differences in the two images – and how your diet may help you get closer to the younger you.

Your skin's two major proteins, collagen and elastin, age over time, which causes them to function less youthfully than they did at your high school graduation. Over time, your body's natural antioxidant fighting capabilities can get overwhelmed by damaging oxygen-containing free radical molecules, which are naturally being generated in your cells as you age. These free radical molecules damage these two proteins, which causes structural and functional alternations in your skin cells. To make matters worse, being exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays, smoking and eating an unhealthy diet generate additional free radical molecules that further damage your skin.

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2018-05-03/4-diet-changes-that-are-better-than-botox

Offline Applewood

Re: 4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 01:08:40 pm »
I refuse to try to look younger than my 65 years on this planet.  I'm actually proud of myself for making it to this age.  There was a time when I almost didn't. 

So I'll keep my gray hair, wrinkles, bags and sags.  They remind me of how lucky I am.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: 4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »
I refuse to try to look younger than my 65 years on this planet.  I'm actually proud of myself for making it to this age.  There was a time when I almost didn't. 

So I'll keep my gray hair, wrinkles, bags and sags.  They remind me of how lucky I am.
I feel the same way about the way I look as I do about my attitude, if someone doesn't like it they can bloody well piss off! I laugh at the clowns that dye their hair or worse if they no longer have any they wear helmet toupees that wouldn't fool a blind seeing eye dog. Sorry Mr. Norris!