Author Topic: US-North Korea summit could end decades of war, says Kim  (Read 353 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
US-North Korea summit could end decades of war, says Kim
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:27:36 pm »

NEWS/SOUTH KOREA
US-North Korea summit could end decades of war, says Kim

South Korea's President Moon says Kim Jong-un reaffirmed his commitment to 'complete' denuclearisation during talks.

27 May 2018 11:53 GMT
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un believes a face-to-face meeting with US President Donald Trump in Singapore next month could "put an end to the history of war" between the two nations, South Korea's president said.

Moon Jae-in also said on Sunday that Kim reaffirmed his commitment to "complete" denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula in talks they had at a surprise meeting a day earlier at the demilitarised zone.

"Chairman Kim and I have agreed ... our quest for the Korean Peninsula's denuclearisation and a perpetual peace regime should not be halted," Moon told reporters.

"He also expressed his intention to put an end to the history of war and confrontation through the success of the North-US summit and to cooperate for peace and prosperity."

https://www.financialexpress.com/world-news/trump-kim-summit-moon-jae-in-says-north-korean-leader-reaffirms-commitment-to-summit-with-us-president/1182518/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline darroll

Re: US-North Korea summit could end decades of war, says Kim
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:36:50 pm »
Give Kim a hug (Keep your enemies close)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: US-North Korea summit could end decades of war, says Kim
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 07:41:22 pm »

Trustworthy or not, generally speaking, it's better to open up communications of some sort, the more public, the better. I even supported Rodman for whatever he could do.  Something is better than nothing.