Author Topic: Indiana teacher takes down the kid....  (Read 657 times)

Offline montanajoe

Indiana teacher takes down the kid....
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:39:21 am »
Folks can talk about arming teachers etc....

My guess is that less than 1 in a million of today's teachers is prepared to do anything...... let alone what this guy did... :shrug:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hero-science-teacher-tackled-student-gunman-indiana-school-article-1.4009920

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:32:19 am by montanajoe »

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Indiana teacher takes down the kid....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 06:04:38 am »
But CNN will, of course, ignore all of this.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 09:51:48 am »
Science teacher hailed as hero after tackling gunman at Indiana middle school

CBS/AP May 25, 2018, 8:22 PM

A science teacher is being praised as a hero after tackling a male student armed with two handguns at a suburban Indianapolis middle school Friday morning. A student said he watched Jason Seaman run toward the gunman and tackle him to the ground after he fired several shots into a classroom.

"We were all hiding in the back of a classroom behind some desks, then [Seaman] was yelling to call 911, to get out of the building as fast as we could," the student told CBS affiliate WTTV. The student hailed Seaman, who is also a football coach, as a hero.

The alleged shooter is being held in police custody while the teacher and a 13-year-old student are hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jason-seaman-indiana-science-teacher-tackles-gunman-noblesville-west-middle-school-shooting-today-2018-05-25/

Jason Seaman

It sounds like it could have all been much, much worse.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 01:26:05 pm »
Again, how many of these teenage shooters are on Ritalin or other psychotropic drugs?  I've read  a few articles that claimed many or most of them were drugged.
Don't know if that's true or not, but if true maybe  the use of those drugs should be looked into. Waiting for some article revealing the actual numbers of these shooters drugged up.
Incidentally, although it's easier said than done, and failing being armed himself, the teacher did the right thing as far the correct method to stop a shooter. He took three bullets, and anyone charging a shooter like that will probably get shot.
But students/people attacking the shooter will save more lives than cowering in  a corner of a room like the students at Virginia Tech. Charging the shooter, throwing objects at him, or using desks for shields and charging will work a lot better than waiting for a bullet or hoping the shooter runs out of ammo.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:27:02 pm by goatprairie »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 06:18:28 pm »
Similar situation in Dixon Il on May 16.
School resource officer confronted this kid with a gun and shot the POS before he could kill any students.

These story's don't advance the meme of the Press so they are pushed aside and out of the news cycle to make room for little that Baby swine  Hogg.
  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/05/16/dixon-illinois-school-resource-officer-thwarts-mass-shooting/615519002/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:16:25 pm »
A science teacher has been hailed a hero for swiping a gun out of a student's hand when he opened fire in his classroom.

Jason Seaman, 29, took quick action when a student entered the classroom with a gun, by knocking the weapon away and tackling him to the ground.

Mr Seaman was shot three times, and a pupil, Ella Whistler, was also shot.

https://news.sky.com/story/hero-teacher-shot-three-times-as-he-stopped-school-attack-11386322
The Republic is lost.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:30 pm »
Brave Hero
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Mod1

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 07:23:31 pm »
Merged multiple threads on same subject.